Our new halfback should be

I really don't get the upside of this. We might very well be out of contention by that time, for some stubborn sense of loyalty.

Do you actually believe he will be able to replicate his admittedly very good 2015, which really is the only thing he has to show for in his whole career, since he choked in the U20's Grand Final...?

Loyalty went out the window the moment he signed with the Dragons.

I've always said I've lost patience with him after that semi final last year in Townsville so I'm not that cut up that he found another club but I can see why a lot of fans would be upset.

Since that point he was always going to be judged on his form and once it (inevitably) dipped the knives were out.

The problem with him is that he is so terrible. His last two games, he's not just a little off the pace. He's not 'just falling short.'

He's been absolutely, monumentally terrible.

If 3 games are what make or break the Broncos season then they were never a serious chance to begin with. They'll have 8 games after that period to sort themselves out so it's a reasonable deadline.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we didn't suffer as usual during the origin period in 2015.

What do you mean?

How we go during this Origin period is important. The usual origin period results will probably contribute to the usual end of season results - '15 being a clear exception.

I really wish Hunt didn't get injured when he did, because we would know by now whether we should drop him.

As I mentioned in another thread, when the game is on the line for guys like Thurston or Cronk, they are barking orders, pointing player's to where they should run, screaming instructions on where they want them to be for each play. I watched Hunt closely in that last 10 minutes against the Roosters and he looked totally out of his depth and totally void of what to do in that situation. He wasn't saying anything. It was at that point that I thought that we will not win the premiership with Hunt at half back.

I wish to God that Hunt can find his 2015 form. Heck, I'd settle for even half of that. I just don't think he has it in him anymore. He should be in his prime right now. It's just so disappointing that he hasn't improved on any part of his game over the last few years. If anything, he has gone backwards.

OK, let me see if we're on the same page here.

You believe this part of the season is pivotal and the Broncos can't afford a litmus test.

Is that right @holdzy89?

I'd at least be keen to see how he goes with Milford again, especially now that Milford is beginning to play better football before I pull the pin on Hunt's days as a Bronco.

OK, let me see if we're on the same page here.

You believe this part of the season is pivotal and the Broncos can't afford a litmus test.

Is that right @holdzy89?

I'd at least be keen to see how he goes with Milford again, especially now that Milford is beginning to play better football before I pull the pin on Hunt's days as a Bronco.

I think we can afford something of a litmus test, and that this part of the season is vital.

Hunt has to prove to be vital.

Because if Hunt doesn't step up, and if we have a horror origin run like last year, I don't think we will have a chance this year because I agree with Foordy, Bennett won't drop Hunt, even if it turns out perhaps he should.

We could recover from a bad origin period, but that usually sends us limping into the first weeks of the finals.

I desperately want Milf and Hunt to click. Such a good combo when they are on.

If 3 games are what make or break the Broncos season then they were never a serious chance to begin with. They'll have 8 games after that period to sort themselves out so it's a reasonable deadline.
They can very well be the difference between a finish in or outside of the top 4, so yes, that could make or break the Broncos season.

It shouldn't have to come to that, regardless the next month will be very interesting.

Why not have milf/niko in the halves and benji as a centre instead of moga?

Im a huge ben hunt fan but i honestly feel his heart isnt in the club any more which kills me to say.

Why not have milf/niko in the halves and benji as a centre instead of moga?

Im a huge ben hunt fan but i honestly feel his heart isnt in the club any more which kills me to say.

While I don't think he is not trying it is a fair point. People's behaviour is all about incentives. There is no up side for Hunt to get his s**t together at the Broncs. If he recaptures his form and help leads us to a grand final don't think his fragile psyche can risk dropping another grand final. Imagine being the not only first broncos halfback to lose 1 grand final and imagine losing 2. He plays like crap and he he still has a massive contract that will just about see out his career. His incentive is to try and play well enough to just lose that way he knows he keeps his spot and avoids a hit to his self esteem. Besides why would anyone really try to take things to the next level for a third of next years pay not like he's fighting for that juicy contract it kind of fell into his lap. Can't know what's really going on in his head as an untrained outsider but fits what we see externally. As for incentive of origin or Test spot he is well down the pecking order now and would have to repeatedly prove himself in big games to be seriously considered now, besides a whole lot of pressure if he gets there that he doesn't need at this time in his life. Besides he already gets to say he played for Aus.

Ash Taylor to wait for offers before deciding on future apparently. 1 sep closer

You can't have Hunt trying to learn how to be a star and Milford learning how to be a star in the same time. You can carry one, not both.

KNik isn't trying to be a star, he's trying to fit in and offering what he has.

As a team sport, that wins.

You obviously haven't been following Bennett's career very long if you think he is going to axe his halfback (who hasn't exactly been dreadful) during the Origin period on a team who are firmly entrenched in the playoff race. Why would he further disrupt the side during this taxing part of the season? Hunt is still the best halfback in the club which is why Bennett will keep him there for the remainder of the year.

Why would he axe him ? Because he can`t find his team mates with his passes . Can`t get repeat sets .

Kodi was recovering from shoulder surgery . Wasn`t ready to start the season . Would it have been different if Uncle Wayne had both fit at the start of the season ?

It is going to be a bloody long season for the anti-Hunt brigade... sitting there "knowing" we have no hope of the premiership and complaining that Bennett won't drop him. counting the days until he is gone.

only problem is once he is gone, we have a similar halfback coming into replace him.

Disagree . Kodi showed me in 6 games he has more potential growth in his game . Ben Hunt peaked in 2015 hasn`t hit that form in a season and a half ... 30 odd games to show he`s the man , hasn`t been able . Needs a live in sports psychologist .

Last edited:
Your right it doesn't count as a TA for Niko.

To quote winston Churchhill; lies , damned lies and statistics .
Its a mean spirited stat that doesn`t give Kodi try assists .

It's the hyperbole and disrespect shown from both sides that rubs me up the wrong way.

It's a shame, because there's been some good points made a long the way. I just wish in instances like this both sides could agree to disagree, sum up their opinions and move on.

FYI I thought Hunt had an ordinary performance against the Roosters, but would like to give him until the Round 17 clash against Melbourne before making a big decision to drop him.

People have passion . They are expressing their opinions . Passionately . After being frustrated by Ben hunt`s inability to play at his best for a season and a half .

It's unlucky for both Hunt and the Broncs that Hunts injury happened. I can understand the want to give Hunt more time to prove himself since returning. If he wasn't injured and proved to be disappointing for nearly half a season there could be legitimate expectations of a change up.

As it is, it's not outrageous to want to give Hunt till the end of the Origin series to see where he lands. That's unfortunate for the Broncs though if it ultimately proves a failure as it's getting a little late in the day to move in another direction.

I admit its a bit harsh but I have moved on. Expecting something from Ben that I haven't really seen in a year and a half is not where I'm at.

Sure I'm just a pundit laying unrealistic expectations on humans who play a simple game to somehow fulfill my standards of success. But the point of this place is to have an opinion so I'm going to land on heading in a different direction than Ben. Sure it's early, but I'm currently picking up what Benji is putting down with Knic biting at his heels at no. 14. Happy to be proved wrong and Ben leads us to another GF though.

The ship has sailed Ben .

As @pagey posted earlier -

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...k=54a6b2426c4340a486ef683d136ba656-1496617402

TAYLOR TO MAKE TITANS SWEAT

Despite the best efforts of the Titans, don’t expect Ash Taylor to re-sign anytime soon.
Private Ryan is aware of three rival clubs who have discussed making a play for the talented half as soon as November 1 hits, which is the date when clubs can start to negotiate with players off contract the following season.
While the Titans are confident of re-signing the half, they’ll have to pay top dollar to do so.

giphy.gif

It is going to be a bloody long season for the anti-Hunt brigade... sitting there "knowing" we have no hope of the premiership and complaining that Bennett won't drop him. counting the days until he is gone.

only problem is once he is gone, we have a similar halfback coming into replace him.

Reminds me of when Griffin insisted on playing a winger who couldn't pass at 6 regardless of the crap he dished up week after week.

However I don't think Hunt is in the same category but he definitely struggling and as a result our attack looks all over the shop.

Last edited:
Yeah...that zero try assists for Knik. Surely that's wrong?
Champion data have Kodi with a try assist in the Panthers game. He collected a Panthers knock on and gave Roberts the ball to run 80m

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Spooky1013
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • something
  • Wolfie
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • broncoscope
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.