Our new halfback should be

Forgave because he is the best fb in the world atm. He was also imo, our best player last season. Not long ago his life was an absolute shit show, Darbs has done the hard yards and turned it all around.
A champion player in the making.

Hunt was arguably our best player in 2015, and scored the most Dally-M points of any halfback (only lost to DCE because the darling gloss hadn't completely scratched off yet).

Hunt was arguably our best player in 2015, and scored the most Dally-M points of any halfback (only lost to DCE because the darling gloss hadn't completely scratched off yet).

Last year was 2016.

Last year was 2016.
I think people should get over their hunt fixation. Regardless of how good or bad he is, he's here 2017 only. Question really is, are there any prospects that can replace him, besides nikorima? We should go for it this year with everything we got because I fear, unless we have either Milford or possibly Boyd (as a 5/8) step up, next year will be another one of rebuilding.

Don't be a dick. People are happy to forgive Boyd now, but if the team declines this year and Boyd has a few shockers, are the history revisionists going to claim the writing was on the wall when Boyd dropped the bomb and won't recover because of his known fragile mental state?

Not sure what your point was about Hunt in '15 we were talking about Darbs in '16.

The comparisons between the Boyd drop and Hunt drop are very different, as are comparisons between the players.

I think people should get over their hunt fixation. Regardless of how good or bad he is, he's here 2017 only. Question really is, are there any prospects that can replace him, besides nikorima? We should go for it this year with everything we got because I fear, unless we have either Milford or possibly Boyd (as a 5/8) step up, next year will be another one of rebuilding.

How many sock accounts are you going to make, fella?

Not sure what your point was about Hunt in '15 we were talking about Darbs in '16.

The comparisons between the Boyd drop and Hunt drop are very different, as are comparisons between the players.

They seem pretty darn comparable to me.

* Player that in the past has struggled mentally.
* Talented but those mental issues hold them back.
* Have a breakout year where the shackles are off and we're "wow, look how good he can be".
* One error that unfortunately is definitive in ending our season when a premiership was a genuine chance".
.... All consistent between the two players, except one year apart.

I guess we'll see how Boyd goes. There might be enough scapegoats (Hunt not trying, McGuire one eye on leaving for $$, Milford not perfect yet etc) to keep the criticism away, but it'll only take a couple of bad games before the hounds are out.

* Have a breakout year where the shackles are off and we're "wow, look how good he can be".
* One error that unfortunately is definitive in ending our season when a premiership was a genuine chance".

I guess we'll see how Boyd goes. There might be enough scapegoats (Hunt not trying, McGuire one eye on leaving for $$, Milford not perfect yet etc) to keep the criticism away, but it'll only take a couple of bad games before the hounds are out.
If McGuire has one eye on leaving we will have Stevie Wonder at lock.

I haven't heard one person say Boyd 'might not recover mentally or whatever after last years final.

Boyd is a veteran, and plays like one.

As far as ending our season, we were spent in that final last year, and Boyd carried us, it was a shame he dropped it ala Hunt, but the circumstances are far too different. Hunt's was obviously far worse.

I haven't heard one person say Boyd 'might not recover mentally or whatever after last years final.

Boyd is a veteran, and plays like one.

As far as ending our season, we were spent in that final last year, and Boyd carried us, it was a shame he dropped it ala Hunt, but the circumstances are far too different. Hunt's was obviously far worse.

That's what I expect to hear if he starts having some bad games.

I want to personally give a Kiko a shot at the 7 and would love to sign Jiko up for the utility role with a view to eventually moving him to 9 if he shows he can handle the middle defensive workload.

I want to personally give a Kiko a shot at the 7 and would love to sign Jiko up for the utility role with a view to eventually moving him to 9 if he shows he can handle the middle defensive workload.

Jiko playing Hoko is a No No. Either you're Loco or I need to call the Po Po.

I'd love to see him step up too. It would be far better to bring someone through than look outside of the club. He is a defensive weakness but he certainly has the vision of a good half. I agree about leaving him in ISC and letting him develop, then see what he can offer around state of origin. About then itll need to be decided how hunts 2018 role is filled.

How many sock accounts are you going to make, fella?
This is my only one. I usually just browse this site. The contributors seem to know a little more than me about the players and their back and forth can be hilarious sometimes. My post was more a genuine question as I lack the knowledge of the fringe halves coming through and their strengths and weaknesses.

I personally think Kodi is just a downgraded version of Hunt

Unpopular Opinion: Benji Marshall is still good at Rugby League.

Let's no completely discount the fact that he's only 31 and basically took a year off to rest in New Zealand while pretending to play Union. I think there's a small chance he may still have 2-3 good seasons left in those legs IF (Monumental if) he can stay on the park.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • Alec
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.