Our new halfback should be

he is about to be on a contract worth nearly $1 million (assuming he accepts our first offer). for that money Milf will be expected to shoulder most playmaking responsibility, including but not limited to, kicking duties and game management/control

Agreed, but Milf is not a 7.

Whoever our number 7 ends up being, regardless of money, will have to share and support that role.

What if Milf develops his game management? Could he move into the 7 and Kodi at 5/8... He has probably more natural talent than anyone in the game so maybe Bennetts long term plan is for Milf to move into the 7 as he matures which in RL can be 2 seasons

I guess it could be an option. I would like to see a Corey Norman and milf combo , ponga and milf even . Doubt either would happen, but could work.

Agreed, but Milf is not a 7.

Whoever our number 7 ends up being, regardless of money, will have to share and support that role.

Yeah i don't think milf has the dedication to become a 7 . Need a natural 7 like taylor , cleary , brooks etc..

Yeah i don't think milf has the dedication to become a 7 . Need a natural 7 like taylor , cleary , brooks etc..

Agreed. I want Milford to mature as a playmaker, and he will. But I also just want Milf to be Milf.

What is it with people wanting to combine Milf with running halves?
We already have one of the best in the game in Hunt, but we need other attributes in our 7.
Kodi, Morgan, Widdop, etc... are not that player!

What is it with people wanting to combine Milf with running halves?
We already have one of the best in the game in Hunt, but we need other attributes in our 7.
Kodi, Morgan, Widdop, etc... are not that player!

Yeah your right, he was a fullback and he will be a brilliant 5/8 but he's not a 7.
I'm just trying to look at options in front of us before thinking about who the club should try and poach.
And I'm board.

Last edited:
Does anyone else agree that milf needs to go to the next level if not this year then definitely next year. If we're sigining him on a almost 1 million dollar contract, this is going to be his third year as a full time 5/8 and his third year in the Broncos system. He's a brilliant player and done some ridiculously good things but I think he needs to be consistently great each game if he's going to be our marquee player who we build a lot of our team around and not go missing for large periods of time during a game. His Kicking game is definitely something that needs to go to a new level.

Does anyone else agree that milf needs to go to the next level if not this year then definitely next year. If we're sigining him on a almost 1 million dollar contract, this is going to be his third year as a full time 5/8 and his third year in the Broncos system. He's a brilliant player and done some ridiculously good things but I think he needs to be consistently great each game if he's going to be our marquee player who we build a lot of our team around and not go missing for large periods of time during a game. His Kicking game is definitely something that needs to go to a new level.

I would say most of us would agree with that and have more or less stated something along those lines. The problem is desperate clubs inflating the market ala Hunt, Sandow, Barba, etc. However, the offer on the table for Milford is good value for him and the club based on the cap increase impending.

The problem will be if another struggling club comes in with a ridiculously bigger offer as with Hunt.

Yeah totally agree the problem is these clubs such as the dragons paying massive overs for players.

Do you think the current trend of paying massive dollars for halves makes our task of signing a new halfback every harder and more likely we will stick with someone already on our roster? You've got Thurston and Cronk both nearing the end so those two clubs will be cashed up and on the hunt for a new half as well. Hopefully the market gets flooded with quality young play makers to make our task a little easier.

I was confident he was ready to make that step after dominating the gf and then following up by leading in the WCC and the first half of last year.... then he seemingly fell off a cliff. I wasn't impressed with his nines tournament either.

Hopefully we see the best of him from now on, because in that kind of form these kind of questions are unthinkable

I think next year halfback will depend on the result of this year. If Broncos win the title this year. Then Broncos may be look for young halfback. If Broncos don't win title this year but still good side to win title next year. They will go after experience halfback for next year.

Joel Gould has an article in the League Week this week which says:
Broncs are prepared to wait to get the right half, not just the best that comes up for 2018.
Broncs aren't interested in Brooks, Moses or Shaun Johnson. Foran still has huge question marks.
Taylor and Elgey are targets as well as Nathan Cleary for 2019.
Morgan is a target but they don't think he'll leave NQ.
Milford WILL sign a long term deal with the Broncs.
How spot on this is is anyone's guess.

Cowboys wont let go of Morgan. He will take JTs money when he retires.
Penrith & Cleary are interesting. Gus has been signing all these kids to long term deals and they have quite a few coming off contract next year. I doubt he will be reluctant to part ways with a halfback so easily but salary cap pressure might get to them

Lol Morgan, what would he offer our team? Zilch.

Not really related, but how long does Bennett intend to be the coach?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • phoenix
  • Xzei
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Griffo
  • Browny
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Robboi_321
  • winslow_wong
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Battler
  • johnny plath
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.