Our new halfback should be

He actually runs it less than JT (9.4), Pearce (10.2), SJ (9.9) as well as many others, and is about on par with DCE (8.2). Widdop (8.5)

So he isn't even a good running half then . Kodi would be a better option than Widdop .

Its not what I meant about halfbacks. Bennett likes to get our forwards to run straight off our hooker so our halves don't need to worry about directing forwards. It's when we get into the opposition half we start structured plays. So we 1 thing we have all been asking for is great kicker and that could be Widdop.

Just think of the Dragons attack ...... no thanks

Can anyone see us making a play for Brooks. Has a much better kicking game then Hunt and better game management IMO.

Possible, but i think Taylor would be first choice. Bennett wants a half pairing that will be together for the long haul

This is my take on the whole halfback situation.

I think we should be putting our focus towards getting either Ash Taylor or Brodie Croft. Most likely if we did land either of these two we would have to wait until 2019 (2020 for Croft) until they would play for us.

I think our best option to promote in house to either be our long term halfback or just to fill a gap for the year is Sam Scarlett (Jerome Burns might be better, but probably not by 2018).

Bearing in mind I have only seen some highlights and a couple of games of him, I think Sam Scarlett has shown enough to possibly have a shot at the halfback role in 2018).

I'm thinking along the same lines... broncos should be in Taylor's ear now and have him lined up to sign so come November 1 it is inevitable and titans are resigned to losing him.

If titans don't release him then we need a stop gap for the year, which will come from in-house... Benji, knik, Scarlett, etc.

I'm thinking along the same lines... broncos should be in Taylor's ear now and have him lined up to sign so come November 1 it is inevitable and titans are resigned to losing him.

If titans don't release him then we need a stop gap for the year, which will come from in-house... Benji, knik, Scarlett, etc.
Most likely scenario at this point

Yeah i think that would be the plan . At least they have some time to get it sorted .

This is my take on the whole halfback situation.

I think we should be putting our focus towards getting either Ash Taylor or Brodie Croft. Most likely if we did land either of these two we would have to wait until 2019 (2020 for Croft) until they would play for us.

I think our best option to promote in house to either be our long term halfback or just to fill a gap for the year is Sam Scarlett (Jerome Burns might be better, but probably not by 2018).

Bearing in mind I have only seen some highlights and a couple of games of him, I think Sam Scarlett has shown enough to possibly have a shot at the halfback role in 2018).

Weren't you championing some upcoming NZ half only a few weeks ago, what happened there?

I also agree that at least for next year we need to go with someone in-house and hope to god that whoever it is they own the role completely, or at least show enough promise to be given another year or two to grow into the role. 2018 and beyond is going to be an interesting time to be a Broncos fan.

If Sandow can get his head in line and fitness up he can still be a quality half.

Something which will never happen. He has that tool gene. You think he has finally turned a corner and matured when he is going good but somewhere along the line he just becomes a tool again. He isn't the only player with this however. He is joined by the likes of Todd Carney, James Roberts, Ben Barba etc

If Sandow can get his head in line and fitness up he can still be a quality half.
The human brain fully forms by the age of 25. What is he? Like 27? I agree that he has some immense talent but his fucked up head will prevent him from ever playing another NRL game.

And if I can get my fitness up, improve my kicking game and learn how to pass, so can I :)

Does anyone think that Kodi could be the answer? His size and defence are issues, but I think he'll have something to prove this season... does he have what it takes? He is a running half or probably a great 5/8 but could he become a great game manager? It's all what ifs at this point, but everyone seems to have him overlooked. He didn't do a bad job last year in the Club challenge and in the NZ side...

Does anyone think that Kodi could be the answer? His size and defence are issues, but I think he'll have something to prove this season... does he have what it takes? He is a running half or probably a great 5/8 but could he become a great game manager? It's all what ifs at this point, but everyone seems to have him overlooked. He didn't do a bad job last year in the Club challenge and in the NZ side...

I agree. In my mind it should only be between him, Taylor, Croft and maybe Scarlett. I would put JNik into the mix but i see him as the PERFECT utility for now and a number 9 down the track.

Haven't seen to much to say he could. He is definitely more of a running half , was a fullback in the 20s . I do remember in the 20's GF he put on a few good pass's in 2nd man plays . Just not confident in him at 7 moving forward .

Haven't seen to much to say he could. He is definitely more of a running half , was a fullback in the 20s . I do remember in the 20's GF he put on a few good pass's in 2nd man plays . Just not confident in him at 7 moving forward .
What if Milf develops his game management? Could he move into the 7 and Kodi at 5/8... He has probably more natural talent than anyone in the game so maybe Bennetts long term plan is for Milf to move into the 7 as he matures which in RL can be 2 seasons

What if Milf develops his game management? Could he move into the 7 and Kodi at 5/8... He has probably more natural talent than anyone in the game so maybe Bennetts long term plan is for Milf to move into the 7 as he matures which in RL can be 2 seasons

Is that to say Milf assumes most of the kicking duty? Because Milf is a runner first and foremost. That will only change after 5-6 years (without injury).

Is that to say Milf assumes most of the kicking duty? Because Milf is a runner first and foremost. That will only change after 5-6 years (without injury).

he is about to be on a contract worth nearly $1 million (assuming he accepts our first offer). for that money Milf will be expected to shoulder most playmaking responsibility, including but not limited to, kicking duties and game management/control

he is about to be on a contract worth nearly $1 million (assuming he accepts our first offer). for that money Milf will be expected to shoulder most playmaking responsibility, including but not limited to, kicking duties and game management/control
Exactly, Bennett views Milf as the man who will take the team back to glory. He might not have the experience yet but I'm sure that's the plan. Plans might have to be brought forward with Hunts departure. If Milf develops quick we might be looking for a 6 instead of a 7

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • The True King
  • LittleDavey
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Harry Sack
  • Robboi_321
  • Wild Horse
  • Battler
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.