Our new halfback should be

You are forgetting Kodi Nikorima and Benji Marshall.

I think we should be looking primarily at Taylor, failing that - throw Croft the opportunity. If that isn't an option, Jayden would be good but I see him as the PERFECT bench utility.

You are forgetting Kodi Nikorima and Benji Marshall.

I assumed people were aware of them and Scarlett.

Amended.

Can we get a list together of all the halfbacks that have been nominated thus far?

Benji Marshall
Kodi Nikorima
Sam Scarlett
Ash Taylor
Jayden Nikorima
Brodie Croft
Nathan Cleary
Luke Brooks
Shaun Johnson
Gareth Widdop
Ata Hingano
Tyler Cornish

Am I forgetting anyone?

How serious should the Broncos be looking into some of these players? Or are we just throwing names out for the sake of keeping an eye on them?

Jordan Kahu.

Does anyone know if Watson has a kicking game, he looks all class but to me seems more of a six and a strong and elusive ball runner.

going to the market for an outside back, backrower or front rower is ok .going for a playmaker seems wrong somehow.
its a total dragons/roosters move.Have we ever done it before?

going to the market for an outside back, backrower or front rower is ok .going for a playmaker seems wrong somehow.
its a total dragons/roosters move.Have we ever done it before?

Milford, Wallace, Prince, Mundine, Walters...

Can we get a list together of all the halfbacks that have been nominated thus far?

Benji Marshall
Kodi Nikorima
Sam Scarlett
Jordan Kahu
Ash Taylor
Jayden Nikorima
Brodie Croft
Nathan Cleary
Luke Brooks
Shaun Johnson
Gareth Widdop
Ata Hingano
Tyler Cornish

Am I forgetting anyone?

How serious should the Broncos be looking into some of these players? Or are we just throwing names out for the sake of keeping an eye on them?

Taylor , cleary and followed by Brooks after these guys Croft and maybe Hingano (haven't seen him play but have heard he is good) other than that not sure about in house. I don't rate kodi as a 7 , but Cronk wasn't a 7 either in his early years.

Not sure who checked him out... but have a look at game 10's highlights titans vs bulldogs no 17. Tyler Cornish (brother of Mitch) he looks to have a bit of flair about him. Defense isn't the greatest but that could be worked on... what do you'll think? Certainly wouldn't be an awful backup player at least..

I just can't see too many that are suitable and also off contract in 2018.

I don't consider any starting NSW halves in Sydney a realistic option as they will receive interest from numerous clubs including their incumbent so that would rule out brooks, Cleary and Pearce. Also don't consider SJ realistic.

A number of young halves are complete unknowns considering most get recognition for their running game.

There's a chance Wayne could go after an ESL half or potentially even Widdop

I just can't see too many that are suitable and also off contract in 2018.

I don't consider any starting NSW halves in Sydney a realistic option as they will receive interest from numerous clubs including their incumbent so that would rule out brooks, Cleary and Pearce. Also don't consider SJ realistic.

A number of young halves are complete unknowns considering most get recognition for their running game.

There's a chance Wayne could go after an ESL half or potentially even Widdop

Widdop isn't a 7 .

I feel like Widdop is pretty underrated around here. In 2015 he was an unknown in the halves and had an amazing year... 2016 was not his best however I put this down to benji's injuries and having a nupty like mccrone outside him and Dugan behind him.

Was try to find stats on his kicking and I think he's come second for forced dropouts the last 2 years (can only find SuperCoach stats). His 2015 highlights show a fair amount of tries coming directly from his kicking game as well. Not to mention his goal kicking

He also looks like a player that likes to play in a structured format judging from the number of set plays he and benji used to run in 2015... Can remember them doing halves wrapping around each other. He's also off contract and with hunt going to drags he's available. Also believe he's a massive Broncos fan so you know he would want to play for us

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
  • Old Mate
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • TimWhatley
  • Manofoneway
  • Xarr
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • porouian
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.