Our new halfback should be

I get the feeling some people around here are heading for a big disappointment and are getting their hope up way to high that we will be able to get Taylor for 2018 regardless for his contractual situation.

Here's something else to think about, IMO, Hayne won't be hanging around the Titans long term. They won't want to lose hayne and Taylor, because if Taylor stays on his current path and keeps improving he will soar way past what Roberts is capable of (he is already a better player IMO)

And Roberts is off contract at seasons end. If I was them i would be cutting Roberts and using that money to ensure you keep Taylor long term.

Taylor seems to be a pretty loyal kid to me and he may want to repay the Titans for giving him his shot in first grade.

hell, even if we sign him for 2019, the Titans could just refuse to release him out of spite ... just like the Raiders and Milford

I agree, if the choice is Roberts v Taylor, why do they choose Roberts?

People on here are delusional some times.

Hope isn't a strategy mate.

We aren't going to be one of those teams who goes all in on a player or two and just "hope" they don't sign elsewhere or re-sign with their current club, we aint suckers.

We'll be in discussions with Taylor early this season, behind closed doors, and although he can't officially sign with us until November 2017, we'll be well aware of whether or not he's coming home before that point, presumably within the next few months. If he's not coming, we'll be looking elsewhere.

We aren't going to be one of those teams who goes all in on a player or two and just "hope" they don't sign elsewhere or re-sign with their current club, we aint suckers.

We'll be in discussions with Taylor early this season, behind closed doors, and although he can't officially sign with us until November 2017, we'll be well aware of whether or not he's coming home before that point, presumably within the next few months. If he's not coming, we'll be looking elsewhere.

If we sign him for 2019 with the hope he gets a release for 2018 we are going to be one of those foolish clubs ... I know it was under hook (and Bennett isn't usually that foolish), but we have done that in the past (with Milford)

If we sign him for 2019 with the hope he gets a release for 2018 we are going to be one of those foolish clubs ... I know it was under hook (and Bennett isn't usually that foolish), but we have done that in the past (with Milford)
Foolish? The young bloke is worth it... we'll have a young pair of talented halves who compliment each other, even if we have to wait another year, how is that foolish?

Foolish? The young bloke is worth it... we'll have a young pair of talented halves who compliment each other, even if we have to wait another year, how is that foolish?

only if Taylor keeps improving ... ATM only one area of his game is better than Hunt's (he is worse or on par in every other area)

2 years is a bloody long time in rugby league ... a lot can happen (especially with rookie players)

we certainly shouldn't be sacrificing a season, which is exactly what we will be doing going into 2018 with a makeshift halfback ... hoping he can live up to his potential and be worth the big money we would need to offer to get him back.

I get the feeling some people around here are heading for a big disappointment and are getting their hope up way to high that we will be able to get Taylor for 2018 regardless for his contractual situation.

Here's something else to think about, IMO, Hayne won't be hanging around the Titans long term. They won't want to lose hayne and Taylor, because if Taylor stays on his current path and keeps improving he will soar way past what Roberts is capable of (he is already a better player IMO)

And Roberts is off contract at seasons end. If I was them i would be cutting Roberts and using that money to ensure you keep Taylor long term.

Taylor seems to be a pretty loyal kid to me and he may want to repay the Titans for giving him his shot in first grade.

hell, even if we sign him for 2019, the Titans could just refuse to release him out of spite ... just like the Raiders and Milford

How about repay us for giving him his shot by releasing him !

only if Taylor keeps improving ... ATM only one area of his game is better than Hunt's (he is worse or on par in every other area)

2 years is a bloody long time in rugby league ... a lot can happen (especially with rookie players)

we certainly shouldn't be sacrificing a season, which is exactly what we will be doing going into 2018 with a makeshift halfback ... hoping he can live up to his potential and be worth the big money we would need to offer to get him back.
Let's agree to disagree on this... not starting another Hunt vs. Taylor discussion. :wink:

Besides, we will likely know by November this year whether or not he'll be coming back.

I do agree with you ... i think Taylor is a future origin player ... But

as i said two years is a long time in rugby league, so much could potential happen before we sign him. he could go full Tim Smith or Daniel Mortimer, he could do his ACL and be out for 12 months (plus possible another 6-12 months to get his form and confidence back) or he could continue to grow into the halfback we need (which i don't think he is yet)

by signing him it guarantee's we miss out on a half that is off contract for 2018.

Who do you suggest?

The reason Taylor is getting so much air time on this forum is because there are no viable long term options on the market in 2018.

Unfortunately for us Titans managed to get Taylor to sign an extension half way through last year which has now royally screwed us

I'm not sure why you're trying to turn this into a negative, do you actually believe that Taylor isn't going to improve at all for the rest of his career? If we're going to be dealing in hypotheticals, at least choose a realistic one.

One of the conditions for Ashley Taylor being released was he gets to play first grade. He's getting experience at another teams expense. He's coming back to us, don't worry about that.

This is what rogerwilco wrote last year !

:)
One of the conditions for Ashley Taylor being released was he gets to play first grade. He's getting experience at another teams expense. He's coming back to us, don't worry about that.

This is what rogerwilco wrote last year !

and then the Titans extended his contract

:)

and then the Titans extended his contract

Im aware of this. I'm just pointing out that someone with a very good record, has said this . Im not under any illusions , things do change.

Coming up @9NewsBrisbane sport - Kodi Nikorima speaks exclusively with @AdamJackson_9 on why he should be the next @brisbanebroncos halfback

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Donald Garner
  • HVbronco
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • NSW stables
  • leish107
  • Totally Unr3al
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.