Our new halfback should be

I said to throw 1mil at Johnston pay the big money on what could be our big 3 milf, Johnson Boyd

Milf is our Johnson! We need someone to compliment him ala .... ash taylor

I've felt that Bennet signed Benji as a contingency should we lose one of hunt or milf this year.

With hunt gone early we'll have time to find a replacement; however if they can't find someone as a suitable long term option and can also come in for 2018 I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Benji given the 7 for 2017 whilst we look for 2018

I've felt that Bennet signed Benji as a contingency should we lose one of hunt or milf this year.

With hunt gone early we'll have time to find a replacement; however if they can't find someone as a suitable long term option and can also come in for 2018 I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Benji given the 7 for 2017 whilst we look for 2018
I agree. But I would rather have Kodi at HB and Benjii as a utility.

Channel nine saying Bennet may put Boyd to 5/8 and Milford to 7

Milford can't control the team and organise the team like Bennett would want. Also that would mean another quality FB

Milford can't control the team and organise the team like Bennett would want. Also that would mean another quality FB

true ... but he will need to learn fast. because that is what a million dollar half needs to do to be worth the money

Channel 9 news planted the broncos chasing ash Taylor seed today

Justin Hodges says Kodi Nikorima isn’t ready to replace Ben Hunt as Broncos halfback yet

FORMER Broncos skipper Justin Hodges says Kodi Nikorima is not ready to handle the pressure of replacing Ben Hunt as Broncos halfback.

The Brisbane utility is the most obvious choice to wear the No. 7 jersey for the Broncos once Hunt leaves for the Dragons in 2018.

While he mostly plays off the bench as a back-up hooker for Brisbane, Nikorima is also a halfback and fullback.

But when asked if the young Kiwi was the best option for the future, Hodges was unsure, claiming the 22-year-old has a lot to learn before he can deal with the demands of the job.

Hodges said there a lot of expectations placed on the Broncos, particularly the halves, and it can be difficult to adjust to.

Can Nikorima be the man to lead the Broncos forward?

“It’s up to Wayne (Bennett) but I don’t think he’s ready for that yet,” he said.

“Kodi still has a lot to learn. To run a first-grade team such as the Broncos, there’s always going to be high expectations on them.

“If the club doesn’t finish in the top four, it hasn’t been a great year. Finishing fifth, sixth, seventh or eighth, you’re not happy.

“I just don’t know if Kodi is ready for that. He’s still a young kid so you don’t want to put that much pressure on him.”

Despite his uncertainty over whether Nikorima could handle the rigours of being a starting first grader, Hodges said the utility should stay on the Brisbane bench.

Nikorima faces a tough fight to retain his spot this year following the arrival of former Dragons playmaker Benji Marshall.

The two are both eyeing off a place on coach Wayne Bennett’s bench and Hodges thinks Nikorima needs to stay there instead of being relegated to the Intrust Super Cup.

“He has that spark and a lot of ability ... he’s too good of a talent for state league,” Hodges said.

“He needs to stay up there, learn his craft, keep practising, work on his game and better himself week in and week out. He’s got some great guys he can learn off.

“He needs to start getting around these blokes and start learning the game, start watching guys like Johnathan Thurston and Cooper Cronk.”

Bennett is yet to reveal what the Broncos will do in regards to replacing Hunt in the future, declining to comment when approached by The Courier-Mail.

There are a number of skilled halves off contract at the end of 2017 across the competition however, including Shaun Johnson, Josh Reynolds, Luke Brooks and Tyrone Roberts.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Skyblues87
  • Lurker
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • kman
  • Totally Unr3al
  • jd87
  • mrtij
  • bb_gun
  • The True King
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.