Our new halfback should be

Brodie croft. He would suit the Broncos so well

Excellent Kicking game and has been taught game management from the best halfback/coach combo in the comp

Only one weekend and was only the nines but we should keep an eye on that Storm youngster Brodie Croft .. not 100% on what Craig Bellamy's plans are for him but from the outside looking in, it would appear he's in a similar spot to what Ashley Taylor was here in 2015..

again, was only one weekend and was only the nines but I had to look twice in a couple of Melbourne's games this weekend to be certain Cooper Cronk wasn't playing for them..

** oh I see this was mentioned like seven hours ago ...

Really liked what little I saw from Scarlett with his passing and kicking game.

Does anyone have a more in depth idea on him?

Really liked what little I saw from Scarlett with his passing and kicking game.

Does anyone have a more in depth idea on him?
As I mentioned in another thread or maybe earlier in this one I played a bit of footy with and against Sam and went to school with him and he's always been a decent player but never really nrl standard.

In saying that he was impressive last night although it's hard to judge in a trial like that just how good a player is. To be totally honest he could probably fill the roll temporarily but not a permanent long term solution. Given he's already 23 you want to see him really standing out already if he was going to be long term soulution. He's probably more like a Darren Nicholls or Todd Murphy and just not quite up to nrl quality. In saying that I'm happy to be proven wrong and some guys are later bloomers then others but personally I'd be looking elsewhere.

I'm actually thinking we should go with a young bloke.

So I'm actually really liking the idea of Croft after what he showed this weekend if we can't get Taylor back.

What are the chances of Melbourne letting him go? Wouldn't they be looking for partner/ replace Cronk when he leaves? The kid did look good though but I'd like to seek him in 13 a side game first.

I'm actually thinking we should go with a young bloke.

So I'm actually really liking the idea of Croft after what he showed this weekend if we can't get Taylor back.

I really like that idea, but unfortunately he is contracted to Melbourne until 2019.

But doesn't have a full time spot in the 17 and might not have one in the foreseeable future which could be a good arguing poin for a release. depends if Munster or croft gets the five-eighth spot.

I've seen him play several times for easts tigers he looks the goods

But doesn't have a full time spot in the 17 and might not have one in the foreseeable future which could be a good arguing poin for a release. depends if Munster or croft gets the five-eighth spot.

I've seen him play several times for easts tigers he looks the goods

Well hopefully if we did go after him they would let him go for a first grade opportunity just like we did for Ash Taylor.

Well hopefully if we did go after him they would let him go for a first grade opportunity just like we did for Ash Taylor.

The difference is, when we released Ash, our halves pairing was seemingly set in stone for the next decade coming off the back of a very narrow GF loss. There was seemingly no place at all for Ash in the foreseeable future.

Melbourne's situation is different. Croft is most likely already pencilled in as Cronk's replacement. Cronk is 33. It's hard to say how long he can hold up, but age will catch up with him at some stage. Croft is 19. And learning from and shadowing one of the best halfbacks nrl has seen before getting your inevitable shot is not that bad a deal tbh.

Have to say.. Tyler Cornish looked very tempting for the titans throughout the nines. Had some very classy touches.. step. Short kicking. Got found out once or twice but he was at times their best player. Did a shit tonne better than that hack Hayne. He's also without a contract

Can we get a list together of all the halfbacks that have been nominated thus far?

Benji Marshall
Kodi Nikorima
Sam Scarlett
Jordan Kahu
Ash Taylor
Jayden Nikorima
Brodie Croft
Nathan Cleary
Luke Brooks
Shaun Johnson
Gareth Widdop
Ata Hingano
Tyler Cornish

Am I forgetting anyone?

How serious should the Broncos be looking into some of these players? Or are we just throwing names out for the sake of keeping an eye on them?

Last edited:

Active Now

• sooticus
  • KickHaas
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • spanky
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Dexter
  • Galah
  • Pablo
  • Brocko
  • theshed
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Skyblues87
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.