Our new halfback should be

But he is a running 5/8.

That's the problem.

We don't need another one of those. We have Milford.

We need a halfback.

He actually runs it less than JT (9.4), Pearce (10.2), SJ (9.9) as well as many others, and is about on par with DCE (8.2). Widdop (8.5)

Yea he isn't a running 5/8 he plays more like a Half back. Now I think of it he might be a great player to look at. His kicking game is really all we need and he is a good kicker but not so great goal kicker.

Yea he isn't a running 5/8 he plays more like a Half back. Now I think of it he might be a great player to look at. His kicking game is really all we need and he is a good kicker but not so great goal kicker.

I don't agree. He plays best when he is able to pick and choose his moments. It's why he was so good next to Cronk, why Morgan is so good next to Thurston. They're both fantastic foils, but not suited to having all the pressure and responsibility.

Its not what I meant about halfbacks. Bennett likes to get our forwards to run straight off our hooker so our halves don't need to worry about directing forwards. It's when we get into the opposition half we start structured plays. So we 1 thing we have all been asking for is great kicker and that could be Widdop.

But if Widdop can't handle all the pressure and responsibility then how is it expected that a hingano, Scarlett, knik jnik, etc. going to or even milf.

Widdop has been the go to since joining the dragons... I know drags suck, however they were alright in 2015 when benji was actually fit. Widdop could be a good foil for milf and would ease the offensive pressure. He may also be someone we don't have to break the bank for given his lean 2016 and potentially lean 2017 (looking at their spine options).

Not sure if its been mentioned here, but I think Aidan Sezer would be exactly what we're looking for. Getting him an early release from the Raiders would be difficult though, especially with our recent history with Ricky Stuart.

Sezer has a great long/short left foot kicking game, is a quality goal kicker, has good ball playing ability and pass selection, knows how to control the tempo of the game, and rarely looks fazed under pressure. I think he could solve pretty much all our woes at once.

The other thing which I feel makes him the perfect fit for our team is that Sezer isn't a dominant halfback like Thurston or Cronk, who are constantly on the ball pretty much single-handedly running the show, but instead Sezer goes about his business unnoticed, yet directs the team around the park so that the strike players in the team can shine. This would allow Milford in particular to take control of the team's attack and to be able to play freely without having the burden of organising etc.

Sticky isn't giving us one of his players early.

He is still pissed off we took Milford and TPJ.

Not sure if its been mentioned here, but I think Aidan Sezer would be exactly what we're looking for. Getting him an early release from the Raiders would be difficult though, especially with our recent history with Ricky Stuart.

Sezer has a great long/short left foot kicking game, is a quality goal kicker, has good ball playing ability and pass selection, knows how to control the tempo of the game, and rarely looks fazed under pressure. I think he could solve pretty much all our woes at once.

The other thing which I feel makes him the perfect fit for our team is that Sezer isn't a dominant halfback like Thurston or Cronk, who are constantly on the ball pretty much single-handedly running the show, but instead Sezer goes about his business unnoticed, yet directs the team around the park so that the strike players in the team can shine. This would allow Milford in particular to take control of the team's attack and to be able to play freely without having the burden of organising etc.

Also Sezer left the Titans because he was homesick, so I can't see him coming back to Queensland.

This is a while back but it might mean something to Bennett still.

If Sandow can get his head in line and fitness up he can still be a quality half.

This is my take on the whole halfback situation.

I think we should be putting our focus towards getting either Ash Taylor or Brodie Croft. Most likely if we did land either of these two we would have to wait until 2019 (2020 for Croft) until they would play for us.

I think our best option to promote in house to either be our long term halfback or just to fill a gap for the year is Sam Scarlett (Jerome Burns might be better, but probably not by 2018).

Bearing in mind I have only seen some highlights and a couple of games of him, I think Sam Scarlett has shown enough to possibly have a shot at the halfback role in 2018).

Can anyone see us making a play for Brooks. Has a much better kicking game then Hunt and better game management IMO.

This is my take on the whole halfback situation.

I think we should be putting our focus towards getting either Ash Taylor or Brodie Croft. Most likely if we did land either of these two we would have to wait until 2019 (2020 for Croft) until they would play for us.

I think our best option to promote in house to either be our long term halfback or just to fill a gap for the year is Sam Scarlett (Jerome Burns might be better, but probably not by 2018).

Bearing in mind I have only seen some highlights and a couple of games of him, I think Sam Scarlett has shown enough to possibly have a shot at the halfback role in 2018).

I've oftentimes wondered if you and me are actually the same person. Exactly how I feel. Haha

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lurker
  • RolledOates
  • Evander
  • theshed
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • leon.bott
  • BroncosAlways
  • Alec
  • IceWorks
  • Mighty Bronx
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.