Our new halfback should be

I wish Benny would just come out and say where Bird is playing, rather than the BS press conference last night.
Maybe he doesn't know yet, there is a hell of a lot of time between now and then and plenty of things can occur. The bonus is that he can jump into a number of positions. My bet is that he will play five eighth and the bookies seem to agree.

The halves kicking is certainly critical but so is also running hard at the line and passing, getting the ball out the back.

Interesting how against the Roosters, our back rowers (excluding lock who is a 3rd prop) ran for almost 340m - Gillett ran 143m alone, yet last night, they ran for only half that, with Gillo running only 65. What attacking opportunities do our halves give our quality back rowers? Grrrr

Big big difference, and the score lines in the 2 matches for mine reflect what happens when we get the ball out to our back rowers in attack instead of congesting the middle and kicking and hoping.

So what happens say in the next 4-6 weeks milf and niko really gel and we start putting teams away. What do you do with hunt when he's recovered, bench him?

I thought Taylor was great, in fact, their whole spine were dangerous all night long. Taylor has got a real future and he is definitely one that got away,

I thought the Titans had a ret hot go. They're a bit like Newcastle - they are putting up a great fight in most games they play but seem to stumble, screw up, or have some terrible luck just at the worst moment.

Hats off to them for nearly knocking us off -

We had some luck too, it's nice to get the roll of the dice for a change, it always feels like we get knocked off at the last minute by some freak bounce, or shocking ref's call but this time the charge-down and Jimmy being Johnny on the spot got us over the line in what was looking like one of those games that we "should" have won.

I thought t as one of Milf's far better kicking performances.

He got a few restarts, almost got a try from one if Moga doesn't tap it forward, put up a huge bomb that T Roberts couldn't get under and stuck his foot out almost leading to a try.

A couple weren't perfectly executed but he was picking the right options. He kicked as well as Hunt ever does.

I didn't think Milf had a bad kicking game either, some great bombs and making sure he had time to execute which can be a problem for a player not used to being the primary kicker

I agree with everyone with the halves kicking game when they kicked, however it was not often enough. Too many times we tried something that wasn't on when we were in their own half and it didn't come close to coming off. We looked disorganised when this happened.

I think that just comes down to those two positioning themselves for the ball and demanding it.

Like i said before, dont write off us bringing in a halfback and dont rule out a shock retirement to free up some funds.

Lol, what's the difference between Bird And Boyd playing 6 and 10. It's not like either are accomplished playmakers. Keep Boyd at 1 FFS.

Like i said before, dont write off us bringing in a halfback and dont rule out a shock retirement to free up some funds.

Any inside info ? Sammy would be the only one that i can think would retire .

I agree with everyone with the halves kicking game when they kicked, however it was not often enough. Too many times we tried something that wasn't on when we were in their own half and it didn't come close to coming off. We looked disorganised when this happened.

I think that just comes down to those two positioning themselves for the ball and demanding it.

Actually, I noticed on Sportsdata that we only had like 8 or 9 kicks all game. Normally our primary kicker would do more than that alone and a further 8 or 10 by the other half plus Boyd and McCullough. Very low numbers which ties in with what you've said.

Strangely though I can't remember them stuffing up the last play that much. I thought their kicking game was well above some of the shit we've dished up over the last two seasons. So I would say the low numbers are down to simply running it on the last on their line. It's not the worst tactic especially as it plays to our halves' strengths, and also means we were obviously able to get to their goal line with ease.

Our biggest issue was simply handling. Too many dropped balls (which itself would also effect kicking numbers as we weren't getting to the last). There were a couple of plays that just looked like we were doing it just slightly rushed, and others where there were simply no excuses. If we had committed half the errors, we would have won by 30.

Any inside info ? Sammy would be the only one that i can think would retire .

Not inside info as such, but Blair or Thaiday both having young families and both could go out at the top with the world cup this year. Sammy has quite a few options in the media as well. Not saying they will, but wouldnt surprise me if they do.

Not inside info as such, but Blair or Thaiday both having young families and both could go out at the top with the world cup this year. Sammy has quite a few options in the media as well. Not saying they will, but wouldnt surprise me if they do.

What makes you think we haven't bought bird for a spine spot ? I hope your right though . i also think its strange smokin joe etc, haven't commented on the bird signing.

What makes you think we haven't bought bird for a spine spot ? I hope your right though . i also think its strange smokin joe etc, haven't commented on the bird signing.

I think he will be playing Lock tbh, although we may give Milf and Bird a season to see how it goes.

Active Now

• Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  • broncos4life
  • Justwin
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ronald
  • Jedhead
  • HVbronco
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.