Our new halfback should be

Again you are comparing him to a guy who chiselled out a decent NRL career. I would take a busted Reed over Moga any day. You can start making comparisons when/if Moga plays 6/7 years of regular first grade.

I am comparing there speed ! So many people complained about reeds speed. You can keep your busted reed to , he was a good player but a busted reed wasn't.

His severe lack of speed is always going to be a major problem though. He isn't an attacking threat and opposition backs manage to get on his outside pretty easily. He has improved slightly the past two weeks but I still don't think that he is NRL quality.
Yes however I wasn't necessarily commenting on his attributes, such as they are. My response was primarily about the ' hate '. I did mention his positioning but you're dead right about his speed, it's not a standout. He does appear to be more heavily developed in tbe quadriceps than several years ago.

You're entitled to your view but WB clearly is at odds with it.

Kodi doing whats asked of him .
I like a half who can show and go . Keeps inside defenders tighter as they can`t just slide in defence . Makes room for the speedsters .
Needs to stand a cpl meteres deeper when kicking long .
Better to have that space and execute than stand flat and fluff the kick . Macca needs work on his ball drop . Making good decisions when to kick but .Skewing off his boot ATM .

His severe lack of speed is always going to be a major problem though. He isn't an attacking threat and opposition backs manage to get on his outside pretty easily. He has improved slightly the past two weeks but I still don't think that he is NRL quality.

That video of his previous form begs to differ.

To me, Moga carries all the hallmarks of a decent player coming back from injury after spending a significant amount of time on the sidelines. Prior to 2017, he'd played a total of 7 matches in three years, so he's still finding his way a bit.... IMO. There are signs. He's shown a couple times he has an awesome crunch tackle and a very strong fend. I don't think he's as slow as you're making him out to be. He'd be quicker than Kahu.

Certainly hasn't pieced it all together yet. He needs more time before we dump him to the QCup.

Mead, the only logical replacement for Kahu to shift into centre in Moga's place, still doesn't inspire me as being rock solid enough or a better replacement, just yet.

To me, Moga carries all the hallmarks of a decent player coming back from injury after spending a significant amount of time on the sidelines. Prior to 2017, he'd played a total of 7 matches in three years, so he's still finding his way a bit.... IMO. There are signs. He's shown a couple times he has an awesome crunch tackle and a very strong fend. I don't think he's as slow as you're making him out to be. He'd be quicker than Kahu.

Certainly hasn't pieced it all together yet. He needs more time before we dump him to the QCup.

Mead, the only logical replacement for Kahu to shift into centre in Moga's place, still doesn't inspire me as being rock solid enough or a better replacement, just yet.
Well that's something I didn't know, 7 matches in 3 years ! With that in mind and with a injury free run I forecast much improvement. All memory of the pain, rehab and time lost will serve him well with every match he plays. I really hope he plays many more matches before any bad luck befalls him and should that happen I can see in my minds eye a powerful and reliable Bronco. The odd down game won't matter in the long run.

Yes however I wasn't necessarily commenting on his attributes, such as they are. My response was primarily about the ' hate '. I did mention his positioning but you're dead right about his speed, it's not a standout. He does appear to be more heavily developed in tbe quadriceps than several years ago.

You're entitled to your view but WB clearly is at odds with it.

Tbf, he kinda got in by default with others being injured or in Meads not taking his opportunity in pre season. I dont think we could expect a great deal more from him at the moment.

Tbf, he kinda got in by default with others being injured or in Meads not taking his opportunity in pre season. I dont think we could expect a great deal more from him at the moment.
According to Wayne he earnt his spot. There was competition with Pangai, Seve and Shibasaki all wanting that Jumper

But we could expect to see opacic take his place soon then ?

I could have sworn i saw him play more than that for Mackay, could be wrong though. I dont think a break would do MOga any harm tbh. He has done fantastic to make it so far but his body will still need a bit of management to keep him fresh.

Now Opacic is getting fit, he will be the logical replacement for him i would think. He has lost a few Kgs i think looking at him play for Redcliffe and looks a bit quicker than he did last year, although being able to actually move his shoulders when he is running would obviously help. He has 3 tries and one try assist in his two games so far, and like i said on another thread, i think he could push to even slot in for Roberts with a couple of strong games for Redcliffe on Sunday and for Queensland next weekend.

But we could expect to see opacic take his place soon then ?

I think he would more than likely come in for Roberts at the moment. I do think he needs to get through these next two games well though.

According to Wayne he earnt his spot. There was competition with Pangai, Seve and Shibasaki all wanting that Jumper

Not sure they were ever really serious contenders though. Seve and Pangai i dont think are anywhere near close to challenging.

My impression tbh was that at the start of the season ( if everyone was fit ) Kahu would have been first choice, then Opacic, then Moga.

I think he would more than likely come in for Roberts at the moment. I do think he needs to get through these next two games well though.

I think kahu will take roberts spot . I actually think opacic won't get much time if any in 1st grade this year , and will probably end up moving on.

I think kahu will take roberts spot . I actually think opacic won't get much time if any in 1st grade this year , and will probably end up moving on.

You are probably underestimating how much Wayne rates him and tbf, he is a different player in some respects from last season as he has a lot more freedom in his movement now. Its still going to be down to him though to show he is a better ball player than he did last season. His shoulder problem hindered him quite a bit. I think what will always help him as well with Wayne is his defence, its a lot better than Moga.

Plus for whatever reason, Wayne now seems a bit reluctant to play Kahu in the centres. If Tom doesnt get an opportunity, i have no doubts he would move on, but thats the same for most players. A former coach of our has chased him a couple of times and i wouldnt be surprised if he tried to get him again if he was looking to leave.

Slow off the mark is a terrible trait for a first grade centre. He reminds me of Kaine Manihera, they both have/had the same deficiencies.
It's bad for any one in the backs...like Jordan Kahu?

You are probably underestimating how much Wayne rates him and tbf, he is a different player in some respects from last season as he has a lot more freedom in his movement now. Its still going to be down to him though to show he is a better ball player than he did last season. His shoulder problem hindered him quite a bit. I think what will always help him as well with Wayne is his defence, its a lot better than Moga.

Plus for whatever reason, Wayne now seems a bit reluctant to play Kahu in the centres. If Tom doesnt get an opportunity, i have no doubts he would move on, but thats the same for most players. A former coach of our has chased him a couple of times and i wouldnt be surprised if he tried to get him again if he was looking to leave.

I think bird and roberts will be our center pairing.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • ostin86
  • marw
  • bb_gun
  • Fatboy
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bish
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Galah
  • The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
  • PETERN
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.