Our realistic chances?

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
This. 1000%. Even Shane Perry was that man at one stage despite having next to no playmaking skills. Advantage was that in that season he had Locky to compensate for that, but Wallace doesn't have that advantage with Norman as his partner so he finds himself having to do too much IMO. There's great halfbacks that can handle that but Wallace isn't talented enough unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Wallace fan but he can't win a Premiership on his own, which he's forced into trying to do at the moment.

Also, I'm really disappointed with Thaiday at the moment.

This, so we bring Hunt in to the halves who along with Wallace can direct the attack so shit isn't all on Wal's back.

Well technically Wallace is a halfback, and Norman is the 5/8th, the 2nd receiver...the one who should be organising the backline movements.

Agreed, Norman is the problem, it's so damn obvious.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Ref: Sam, it's your penalty, what do you want to do?
Sam: I have no idea...let me get Andrew McCullough for you.
Griffin: ....this man is truly captain material.

Macca is the boss, I'd rather he captained and played the eighty over Schwam Friday who should nearly be off the bench in our full strength lineup IMO.

I

IBA

NYC Player
Mar 23, 2012
Of the two halves on the field, Wallace performs more consistently and with better results. Norman is adding nothing and he's only had a handful of games I would consider good this year. If people are hell bent on changing the halves, it has to be Hunt in for Norman. You are 100% out of your mind to want to keep Norman over Wallace, XXXX. He is MIA for half of most games, tries to run far too often and generally hasn't been the 5/8 we were looking for. If anyone is changing here, it has to be Norman. And i'm not even sold on that. Hunt is not a miracle replacement. He has had some moments for sure but dumping him in the backline won't solve all the problems.

Wallace has had a couple of absolutely shockers the last couple of weeks. No worse a streak than Thaiday, Gillette, Reed, McCullough etc have all had this year though. Norman has been consistently very average with a handful of good games. But I still don't think shuffling everyone round will solve it, there is no instant cure. It seems like their putting much more emphasis on defence than attack in training and we need to work on our backline movements and ability to execute plays on the fly. Players in motion, some dummy runners for ****s sake...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I still think we're a reasonable chance still. I hope last night's performance was a wake up call for the boys as it truly showed how dire we can be. We just need to make sure we have Reed, Copley, Hodges, Te'o & Parker on the field asap.

I still believe we have one of the best packs in the competition & our backline is right up there too when fit. Wallace is still one of the better halves in the competition and while I still believe both he & Norman need some work I don't believe they'll cost us a premiership.

If we do 'slump' and fail to beat Parra next week, I'd like to see Hook give Hunt a chance in the starting line up with Baptiste on the bench.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
really think this debate on Wallace is ridiculous ... Wallace is what Wallace is - he's not a robust running halfback that can cut sides apart and win games on his own .. He has his strengths and generally I think plays to those strengths .. The key is having a number six that complements what Wallace brings to the table .. It's a bit like 'good cop bad cop' ..

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I think that Hunt brings some attacking structure to the side which is probs the only thing that's changed since losing Locky, we need a ball playing 5/8, not a running one. Especially with the forwards we have + Hodgo and Reed.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd like to see Hunt given a shot and Norman dropped but it's such a huge call. The team is already smashed by injury

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Could just move Norman to centre for now, w/ Hodges and Reed injured. He plays like one anyway, but he wouldn't have the added responsibility of creating points and organising back line plays.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
If we do 'slump' and fail to beat Parra next week, I'd like to see Hook give Hunt a chance in the starting line up with Baptiste on the bench.

You want to drop McC ?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Ahhh.....you want to drop Norman.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Pending on his performance next week.

Based on last night, about 6 players deserve to be dropped.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Assuming Hoffman gets suspended, why wouldn't you just play Norman at fullback. Beale is leaving, who the **** cares about developing his skills as a fullback.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Cause Norman is a crappy fullback. You'd have to get someone else to play there in defense.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Assuming Hoffman gets suspended,

Hoffman's a clean skin is he not? After seeing what Kasiano got away with, I find it hard to assume Hoffman will cop a suspension.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Cause Norman is a crappy fullback. You'd have to get someone else to play there in defense.

This. What's this obsession with Norman playing fullback?

If Hoffman isn't in the #1, Beale is. End of story.

I

IBA

NYC Player
Mar 23, 2012
I'm expecting him to get off. Won't surprise me if a cops a week or two though.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Dony Eliakim
  • sooticus
  • Griffo
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Maroon4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.