Our realistic chances?

+1. You guys have no idea how great the club is and how lucky you we are.

If you heard a Manchester United fan bitching about how they didn't win the Premier League this year, you'd roll your eyes massively
+ A Gazzilion!

Having said that, analysing a bad performance, does not necessarily mean burying your team in dirt.
I know it's a lot of people's coping mechanism against disappointment, but I hate the pessimistic talk and the way people write the club and its players off so easily.

The treatment Norman, Hoffman, Wallace, Hodges and Macca get on BHQ and from Broncos fans in general, doesn't surprise me. You only need to look at last year's posts around this time of the season. Better yet, look at the way people were talking about Locky and the Broncos in 2006 around this same time. The animal hasn't changed!

Boyd and perry were the scape goats back then

You know that internet meme about first world problems.... we should start one for this forum called "Broncos world problems"....

Coming 5th on the ladder
But ONLY have a rookie 5/8

Played the Warriors
Won by only 2 points

Support my club every week
Haven't won a premiership for 6 years

You get the gist.

spot on! I'm glad to see someone else has perspective

"Been successful for 20 years
So fans should shut up and cop shit performances"

Right?

That's not what me or subs are saying. Yes there have been some shit performances and of course you can criticise. but there is a difference between criticising areas that need improvement and some of the garbage that has been said on here over the last couple of weeks

:laugh: I for one appreciate the meme.

As fans, we can all be a little harsh on our players and have a grass is always greener outlook.

Then you hear what opposition fans think, they absolutely adore Alex Glenn. Reckon there'd be clubs lining up round the block to sign that guy. Wallace is always getting Man of the Week points when usually he's getting criticised & McCullough is constantly heaping praise from shows like NRL on Fox, Game Plan, Footy Show etc. when he's scapegoat on here.

Fans absolutely cream themselves over our forward pack, enjoy our backline, like the look of our halves and can't believe our depth.

Sometimes we do get a bit carried away and like last week, it was certainly justified but others, not so much.

1000000000% I can guarantee if players like macca and glenn went on the open market (hopefully that never ever happens) they wouldnt stay there for long, Especially Glenn. I would guarantee pretty much every club would do whatever they could to get him

Who would you guys like to play come finals time? Mine would be either Tigers or Cowboys.

A 4th place finish would be an excellent result.

It doesn't matter where we finish, we should all praise our luck of supporting such a long term successful team.
/sarcasm

Coxy, quit the baiting.

Broncos4life, tone it down!

I just hope we finish Top 4.

Given the results today, only seriously realistic if we win next week. If we lose, it's possible we drop back to 6th. Steep climb back from there.

+1. You guys have no idea how great the club is and how lucky you we are.

If you heard a Manchester United fan bitching about how they didn't win the Premier League this year, you'd roll your eyes massively

Really?

I will criticize and praise the team all I want, if you don't agree then address the posts and say why.

When teams like the Dogs and Souths who have IMO a less talented roster improve during the year like they have and build into the finals like they have and play attacking footy like they are and we don't as a fan I get disappointed.

There is no reason we can't play a more expansive attacking style particularly inside 20 except coaching. Griffin has been hailed as the answer to WB but so far he has proven to be a more boring version .

He has another 5 years to go so I hope for all our sakes we start to play a better brand of footy.
I attend a lot of games each year but I won't pay to see a first grade side run from dummy half and play one off limited rubbish like we have been.

Really?

When teams like the Dogs and Souths who have IMO a less talented roster improve during the year like they have and build into the finals like they have and play attacking footy like they are and we don't as a fan I get disappointed.

You can't seriously be rebutting my point about putting the Broncos current form slump into perspective given our 25 years of success by offering South Sydney (!!) and their best 8 weeks in 25 years as a example of the club you'd be less disappointed with?

And you compare Griffin to WB, and infer that WB would offer a more expansive attacking style. Did you see St George for the past 3 years? Have you seen the same 2nd man play repoduced across 3 clubs? WB is a grinder coach - plays the percentages. Griffin is obviously doing the same by focusing on error free forwrads based football and simple attack which is just about all the Norman, Wallace and Hoffman can offer.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • LGH
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.