NEWS Pack your bags, Anthony!

Newscorp is reporting Ben Ikin has told Milford’s management he will not be offered a fresh contract and must find another club from 2022 onwards. He is expected to hit the open market immediately. Nothing on whether this will affect the rest of his season.

BrisbaneFestival2018 SunsuperRiverfire 20180712 wide

Cody Walker has him penciled in for an "easy" role in the spine. Because such a position exists:

"It‘s a great signing, I’d love for him to be at our club. Hopefully he does come because losing Renno is a pretty big loss in our side. Having a pretty easy type of role in the team would benefit him."

“A lot of that weight will fall on my shoulders to get us around the park a little bit and allow him to play his own game. It would be a great signing for the club to sign a guy like Milford. He is obviously a very experienced player, he has played rep football at the highest level.”

McHunt

If you thought walker was an angry prick now, wait until he plays with Milford.

Cody Walker has him penciled in for an "easy" role in the spine. Because such a position exists:

"It‘s a great signing, I’d love for him to be at our club. Hopefully he does come because losing Renno is a pretty big loss in our side. Having a pretty easy type of role in the team would benefit him."

“A lot of that weight will fall on my shoulders to get us around the park a little bit and allow him to play his own game. It would be a great signing for the club to sign a guy like Milford. He is obviously a very experienced player, he has played rep football at the highest level.”

McHunt
Yep, exactly. Pay him 300k and then he's welcome to go and play like that's what he's being paid. Just dont ever expect marquee or elite money because he isn't a marquee or elite player anymore. He's a plodder who should be paid accordingly.

if cody walker is doing the organising for souths, they are dropping down hill a lot next year.

People really sleep on Adam Reynolds.. it is a pity he didnt have coates to team up with next year.

if cody walker is doing the organising for souths, they are dropping down hill a lot next year.

People really sleep on Adam Reynolds.. it is a pity he didnt have coates to team up with next year.

We won't know what hit us with a competent halfback, won't know what to do with him.

I'm amazed the club haven't gone to his agent and said "Okay, we'll release Anthony now, but he won't be getting the rest of his contracted salary for the rest of the season. It will be a clean cut."

People under estimate reynolds importance to the attack in that team. Not only is he the organiser, but he provides walker and Mitchell the room to do what they do.

For their deadly backline movements, reynolds will usually take the ball to the line first and throw dummies and feign a kick behind the line before sending it out the back to walker. These simple movements prevent the defensive line from rushing up (because they have to cover the short ball or kick behind the line) and subsequently gives walker a lot of time and space to work with.

It will be interesting to see how they go without him.

Is there some sort of confirmation that it’s south’s? I want to gee up my uncle who is in a panic about it 😅

Is there some sort of confirmation that it’s south’s? I want to gee up my uncle who is in a panic about it 😅
Only Melbourne or Souths will take him, so you might as well wind him up.

I'm amazed the club haven't gone to his agent and said "Okay, we'll release Anthony now, but he won't be getting the rest of his contracted salary for the rest of the season. It will be a clean cut."
We can't do that unless he's willing to give up his salary. Even then, it's still up to the NRL to let him sign elsewhere for considerably less than Brisbane owe him for the balance of this year.

People under estimate reynolds importance to the attack in that team. Not only is he the organiser, but he provides walker and Mitchell the room to do what they do.

For their deadly backline movements, reynolds will usually take the ball to the line first and throw dummies and feign a kick behind the line before sending it out the back to walker. These simple movements prevent the defensive line from rushing up (because they have to cover the short ball or kick behind the line) and subsequently gives walker a lot of time and space to work with.

It will be interesting to see how they go without him.
besides his ball playing and organising which is top class, his kicking is really really good.

IMO its probably number 2 behind cleary and hes not that far behind.

The few broncos games I have watched - their last tackle options are atrocious, this in itself will get you a few more wins.

besides his ball playing and organising which is top class, his kicking is really really good.

IMO its probably number 2 behind cleary and hes not that far behind.

The few broncos games I have watched - their last tackle options are atrocious, this in itself will get you a few more wins.
At this point it would be pretty ard for basically anything to result in less wins.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bert_lifts
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.