NEWS Pack your bags, Anthony!

Newscorp is reporting Ben Ikin has told Milford’s management he will not be offered a fresh contract and must find another club from 2022 onwards. He is expected to hit the open market immediately. Nothing on whether this will affect the rest of his season.

BrisbaneFestival2018 SunsuperRiverfire 20180712 wide

do you seriously believe that there is even a chance the Rabbitohs could be the winners out of this one?

even if Milford was somehow miraculously able to rediscover his 2015 form, we still win
Well at least I know who to target with my irrational rage if it does happen.

From 5 years on 1 million dollars to one year on what I assume is minimum wage. That's called a fall from grace.

Good luck to Souffs, they're gonna need it.

I hope his career dies in the ass at Souths and he fades into obscurity.
He coasted on his million dollar contract here for the last 5 years and as far as im concerned is one of the worst signings in the clubs history.

He will live very comfortably for the rest of his life at the Broncos expense and so i have no desire to see him do well anywhere else.

Adios Milford, you wont be missed.

I hope his career dies in the ass at Souths and he fades into obscurity.
He coasted on his million dollar contract here for the last 5 years and as far as im concerned is one of the worst signings in the clubs history.

He will live very comfortably for the rest of his life at the Broncos expense and so i have no desire to see him do well anywhere else.

Adios Milford, you wont be missed.

I have no qualms in saying I have no desire to see him be successful there either but as a bloke, he seems like a genuinely good person, just lazy.

Reynolds has only ever played in a decent team, we are pretty fucking far from that.

I’m hopeful but it’s no certainty that he’ll be a success.

I know the ‘I need good ball etc’ comments from Milf are meme worthy but there is an element of truth to it in that we’ve been going backwards for 2.5 seasons and there’s not a lot he could have done. Other than actually tried harder I guess lol.

Milf will have other attacking threats around him for the first time in a long time, there’s a chance he gets his confidence up and returns to form.

If I was a betting man I’d take the Reynolds side of the bet but it’s not a lay down misere. We are truly terrible and the jury is still out on whether Kevvie is the man for the job
I think we are finally going to have the answer next year to the coach we should have signed out of the four that were interviewed.

Did anyone hear the question to Kevvie in the pre-match PC from a female reporter (not sure who) where she asked kevvie if he hoped Milford could re-ignite his career at a new club.

Kevvie of course was positive... but it's not like he could give an answer like "nah **** that I hope that lazy thief fails" lol

I wonder why the NRL chose a photo with Milf doing his best Ken Maumalo impersonation?
Screenshot 20210730 235132 Chrome

Everyone's mate Badel has written an article about how Milford will be our latest "regret" along side Reece Walsh and Sam Walker. based the article on some comments from Bennett. article says it is understood that Souths offer was $350k

Bennett said:

“They asked me for my thoughts and I told them Anthony can get the job done,” Bennett said.

“South Sydney are a great club with a great culture and the environment here will bring out the best in ‘Milf’.

“I’ve coached Anthony and I know him as well as anyone.

“I will tell you this – there will be a lot of nervous NRL defences next season with Cody Walker on one side of the field and Anthony on the other.

“In a good system where he is appreciated for what he brings, Anthony Milford is a wonderful player, there is no doubt about that.

“He has football ability, he hasn’t lost that. He has got skills most people don’t have and his kicking game is much improved.

“At a club like Souths, Anthony will succeed.”

Bennett rejected suggestions Brisbane’s $1 million deal put too much pressure on Milford to deliver.

“I don’t think that (the $1 million deal) was an issue,” Bennett said.

“It probably put more responsibility on ‘Milf’, but I don’t think it was the reason why he didn’t play well.

“Milf would have felt more pressure than ever, for sure, but he was a victim of what happened at the Broncos.

“Milf is a wonderful player, but he needs good people around him. He was left to do things himself in the halves … but he couldn’t do it all himself.”

Dave Donaghy says:

“We wish Milf all the best at Souths,” Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy said.

“I have a lot of time for Anthony. I have no doubt he would have liked some more success in his time at the Broncos, but he has been a good clubman and a great community person in his time here.

“I actually tried to sign Anthony when I was at Melbourne (as Storm CEO). Sometimes a change is as good as a holiday. Milf is going to a strong club and I’m sure he will roll the sleeves up to ensure he stays at Souths for longer than one year.

“I hope he is able to bounce back at Souths.”

Milford says

“I honestly believe I have more in me,” he said.

“I’m only 27, but I need to unlock that consistency and get back to playing simple football.

“I know the hunger and the passion is there. I still love playing the game so hopefully a fresh start can be good for me.”

Milford's next coach, Jason Demetriou says:

yeah, nothing 😛

Everyone's mate Badel has written an article about how Milford will be our latest "regret" along side Reece Walsh and Sam Walker. based the article on some comments from Bennett. article says it is understood that Souths offer was $350k

Bennett said:

“They asked me for my thoughts and I told them Anthony can get the job done,” Bennett said.

“South Sydney are a great club with a great culture and the environment here will bring out the best in ‘Milf’.

“I’ve coached Anthony and I know him as well as anyone.

“I will tell you this – there will be a lot of nervous NRL defences next season with Cody Walker on one side of the field and Anthony on the other.

“In a good system where he is appreciated for what he brings, Anthony Milford is a wonderful player, there is no doubt about that.

“He has football ability, he hasn’t lost that. He has got skills most people don’t have and his kicking game is much improved.

“At a club like Souths, Anthony will succeed.”

Bennett rejected suggestions Brisbane’s $1 million deal put too much pressure on Milford to deliver.

“I don’t think that (the $1 million deal) was an issue,” Bennett said.

“It probably put more responsibility on ‘Milf’, but I don’t think it was the reason why he didn’t play well.

“Milf would have felt more pressure than ever, for sure, but he was a victim of what happened at the Broncos.

“Milf is a wonderful player, but he needs good people around him. He was left to do things himself in the halves … but he couldn’t do it all himself.”

Dave Donaghy says:

“We wish Milf all the best at Souths,” Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy said.

“I have a lot of time for Anthony. I have no doubt he would have liked some more success in his time at the Broncos, but he has been a good clubman and a great community person in his time here.

“I actually tried to sign Anthony when I was at Melbourne (as Storm CEO). Sometimes a change is as good as a holiday. Milf is going to a strong club and I’m sure he will roll the sleeves up to ensure he stays at Souths for longer than one year.

“I hope he is able to bounce back at Souths.”

Milford says

“I honestly believe I have more in me,” he said.

“I’m only 27, but I need to unlock that consistency and get back to playing simple football.

“I know the hunger and the passion is there. I still love playing the game so hopefully a fresh start can be good for me.”

Milford's next coach, Jason Demetriou says:

yeah, nothing 😛

Will JD be allowed to front the media or will he need away e to hold his hand there as well?

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Spoon
  • Brocko
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Johnny92
  • HarryAllan7
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • davidp
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.