NEWS Pack your bags, Anthony!

Newscorp is reporting Ben Ikin has told Milford’s management he will not be offered a fresh contract and must find another club from 2022 onwards. He is expected to hit the open market immediately. Nothing on whether this will affect the rest of his season.

BrisbaneFestival2018 SunsuperRiverfire 20180712 wide

funny how no figure was ever mentioned for this deal.

according to the courier mail article it is a one year deal that allows him to keep his options open in the event a second Brisbane team is added to the NRL in 2023.

Signed for 2020 only.

Ben Ikin said:

“Anthony has been with the Broncos for many years and we wish him all the best as he moves on to a new challenge. Our club is making decisions for the long-term good of the playing roster and we have seen some players depart as part of that process, while a large number of players have also signed, re-signed and extended with the Broncos. e are continuing to work closely with all of our players as we finalise our squad."

Rabbitohs head of football Mark Ellison said:

“He has a tremendous amount of experience for a man that’s only 27 years of age. We’re really excited to have Anthony joining our Club in 2022,” age, we believe he has his best football in front of him, he will get the chance to work with coaches who were leading halves in Ben Hornby, John Morris and John Sutton as well as his former mentor when he was at his peak in Jason Demetriou, and we think a change of club into our system could see us unlock those brilliant performances from Anthony that all Rugby League fans remember fondly.

“We wish him the best of luck for the rest of the season with the Broncos and we look forward to having him join us for the 2022 pre-season.”

McHunt

Cody Walker has him penciled in for an "easy" role in the spine. Because such a position exists:

"It‘s a great signing, I’d love for him to be at our club. Hopefully he does come because losing Renno is a pretty big loss in our side. Having a pretty easy type of role in the team would benefit him."

“A lot of that weight will fall on my shoulders to get us around the park a little bit and allow him to play his own game. It would be a great signing for the club to sign a guy like Milford. He is obviously a very experienced player, he has played rep football at the highest level.”

McHunt

Literally have no idea how many times I've heard or read that soundbite.

"...play his own game"

his own game is going missing and not getting fit. There's nothing else to him if he's protected out there being given the instruction to..

"Play what's in front of him"

when there's "nothing in front of him" he plays "nothing"

Simplify his role - basically, Anthony just go out there and stand around wherever you want, don’t even touch it if you don’t want to. Don’t want to tackle? Fine by us. Anthony is now in Anthony’s happy place.
point pointing GIF by Shalita Grant

Not sad he's leaving at all BUT he always seemed like a really nice guy. He absolutely was a bust for us but always wonder what could have been had Hunt not thrown away the 2015 GF.

On the cheap and a one year deal it's probably not a bad gamble for the Rabbits, if he keeps stinking it up it's not going to cost them much to sit him on the sidelines.

Its not like they were going to be using that money on some other half as there are none available.

On the cheap and a one year deal it's probably not a bad gamble for the Rabbits, if he keeps stinking it up it's not going to cost them much to sit him on the sidelines.

Its not like they were going to be using that money on some other half as there are none available.
JD just keeping him warm for whichever franchise Wayne ends up at

Not sad to see him go, it had to happen but i will go against the grain a bit and say i think he will be pretty useful for Souths. Don't think he will hit the highs that we all hoped he would when he first signed with us but i can see him having some games where we all say "where the hell was that the last 3 years".

Also, you just know it will be Souths v Brisbane round 1 next year and he will score 3 try's...

Like @Foordy mentioned, amazing that no figures seem to be thrown out yet even if we are "linked" to a player signing it's endless contract estimations.

He'll go okay in a system like the Rabbitohs and their numerous attacking threats, but in saying that he can't perform much worse than recent times.

Like, let’s wait until a ball has been kicked before declaring that. Don’t get me wrong on paper that’s definitely the case but we’ve ended up with egg on our face before.

do you seriously believe that there is even a chance the Rabbitohs could be the winners out of this one?

even if Milford was somehow miraculously able to rediscover his 2015 form, we still win

do you seriously believe that there is even a chance the Rabbitohs could be the winners out of this one?

even if Milford was somehow miraculously able to rediscover his 2015 form, we still win
Reynolds has only ever played in a decent team, we are pretty fucking far from that.

I’m hopeful but it’s no certainty that he’ll be a success.

I know the ‘I need good ball etc’ comments from Milf are meme worthy but there is an element of truth to it in that we’ve been going backwards for 2.5 seasons and there’s not a lot he could have done. Other than actually tried harder I guess lol.

Milf will have other attacking threats around him for the first time in a long time, there’s a chance he gets his confidence up and returns to form.

If I was a betting man I’d take the Reynolds side of the bet but it’s not a lay down misere. We are truly terrible and the jury is still out on whether Kevvie is the man for the job

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.