NEWS Pack your bags, Anthony!

Newscorp is reporting Ben Ikin has told Milford’s management he will not be offered a fresh contract and must find another club from 2022 onwards. He is expected to hit the open market immediately. Nothing on whether this will affect the rest of his season.

BrisbaneFestival2018 SunsuperRiverfire 20180712 wide

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Not accusing you of this at all but this line of conversation has me thinking about what shape all the Milford fat joke makers are in themselves. All cut like SBW you’d have to imagine.
I’m alright, I’m a runner. I’d be a machine though if I was paid to train and had all the facilities and medical and nutritional experts on hand to guide me to my best possible performance.

You could in fact walk into just about any respectable gym and you’d find blokes in better shape than him and they don’t get paid for it…

So what’s his excuse?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
It’d be hilarious If Milford went to south’s and partnered walker in the halves. It’d be the same problems we’ve had here with Milford being hopeless at organising a team.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I’m alright, I’m a runner. I’d be a machine though if I was paid to train and had all the facilities and medical and nutritional experts on hand to guide me to my best possible performance.

You could in fact walk into just about any respectable gym and you’d find blokes in better shape than him and they don’t get paid for it…

So what’s his excuse?
Sometimes, when your passion becomes more like your job, you lose the drive and it becomes a grind. Sometimes, when you lose that drive but you can make excuses for it and other people also make excuses for you, you slip into apathy.

Also, sometimes it's easier to put things off til tomorrow, than go directly to the gym after work, so to speak. Especially when you're gifted.

Milf needs a change. He needs to relight the fire. Wayno is right, he has the skillset, but Milford doesn't have the drive.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
I'm going to play Devils Advocate for Wayne.

Imagine if Peter Nolan was your GM of Football, and Paul White was your CEO.

Those two would be enough to ruin Bellamy, and Wayne knew how bad they were and couldnt do anything about it except get knifed in the back.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019

So what’s his excuse?
Exactly, imagine getting paid to be fit ( i pay to go to the gym as comparison) and having a team of blokes helping with your diet plan and training.
Absolutely no excuse for any professional RL player to be out of shape.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Not accusing you of this at all but this line of conversation has me thinking about what shape all the Milford fat joke makers are in themselves. All cut like SBW you’d have to imagine.
You could be cut like Butterbean and still be in better shape than some iterations of Milford we’ve seen at the Broncos.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I'm going to play Devils Advocate for Wayne.

Imagine if Peter Nolan was your GM of Football, and Paul White was your CEO.

Those two would be enough to ruin Bellamy, and Wayne knew how bad they were and couldnt do anything about it except get knifed in the back.
If that were the case, would Wayne have returned to Brisbane in 2015 when those two were established in power at the club? I'm sure Nolan returned in 2014.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
If that were the case, would Wayne have returned to Brisbane in 2015 when those two were established in power at the club? I'm sure Nolan returned in 2014.

Not sure Wayne had worked with Nolan before, maybe it took a few years before Wayne like us realized the rot from within.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Not sure Wayne had worked with Nolan before, maybe it took a few years before Wayne like us realized the rot from within.
@1910 will be able to tell us, but my detective skills say he was with the Broncos for 11 years total (based on news of his recent sacking, https://broncoshq.com/threads/peter-nolan-and-2-others-gone.18323/). If he joined the Broncos again in 2014 (based on https://www.couriermail.com.au/news...d/news-story/19a641b9795a9ad6c855bc9f8fb1c38f) then he had a 4 year period before that which ended in 2010, indicating he began in 2006/2007. Bennett left the first time in 2008, so he had 1-2 years with Nolan at the club (as "elite player development manager").

edit: Genuine question: why are people so desperate to defend Bennett? Is it not enough to respect him for what he achieved but accept his deficiencies too?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I’m sure all of you perform your jobs to the top of your potential without any slacking off too.

But are any of us the highest EVER paid person, working for the country's #1 business over the last 30 years, and slacked off for the last 4.5 years of 6 years total?

Would any of us have entertained retaining Paul White on a reduced contract, hoping "he's just a little unmotivated, he'll come good"?

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Sign him then, Wayne.
It is an easy thing for him to say that he would sign him if he was coaching next year, because he’s not.

I have said he should go to the super league for 12 months and try and sign with brisbane 2 for 23 so Wayne’s word will be put to the test if that eventuates.

Active Now

• Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.