Pangai Shopping himself around?

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I definitely don’t think he is worth 900k a year. Between the suspensions and games he goes MIA he ain’t worth anywhere near that. If he wants 900k a year then see you later 👋🏻

The gap between his good games and bad games is huge. If he played like he has recently for most of his games then yes perhaps he is worth close to 900k but fact is his performances aren’t consistent and his discipline is terrible
Footballers aren't fixed positions, I would say since he has been back apart from the first game he has contributed to most of our trys, he is easily the best offloader in the game and he knows how to attract a tonne of defenders on him before he does it, the first Try last week by staggs was set up by TPJ attracting 4 defenders on him so he could pop out an offload to Herbie with space.

He also seems to have learned a bit on the dangerous tackles, the sin bin against storm was stupid but we where well defeated by that point.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
So we can keep Fifita, that’s out the door now.
If I were TPJ and saw that, I wouldn't be feeling any desire to hang around with Ikin as CEO, especially if I could get more money elsewhere. Hiring Ikin as CEO would cancel any notion of loyalty he'd be feeling.

Last edited:
Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
How likely are we to get someone who gives you can 8/10 performance every week?

I look at somebody like Boyd Cordner. He is just a great player. Runs hard, tackles hard and his performances are always the same. He isn’t the flashiest player but that doesn’t matter. Hardly a bad game and does the tough stuff. I’m not saying we are a chance of signing cordner but somebody in that mould. He is worth 900k a year......not Pangai

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
If I were TPJ and saw that, I wouldn't be feeling any desire to hang around with Ikin as CEO, especially if I could get more money elsewhere. Hiring Ikin as CEO would cancel any notion of loyalty he'd be feeling.
Point taken, he could also go out there and show him he’s just as good.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I look at somebody like Boyd Cordner. He is just a great player. Runs hard, tackles hard and his performances are always the same. He isn’t the flashiest player but that doesn’t matter. Hardly a bad game and does the tough stuff. I’m not saying we are a chance of signing cordner but somebody in that mould. He is worth 900k a year......not Pangai

Boyd Cordner would be gun signing, as he's one of the best forwards in the competition and a fantastic leader. However as you said it's not really a chance of happening. I'd like to see someone who would come and is a gun 2nd rower.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Bateman, go after him.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
They moved onto the Kotoni Staggs situation. Hooper couldn't wrap his head around why Staggs isn't facing any punishments went Cleary, Cody Walker and Pearce all had to face suspensions. The rest of the panel didn't agree, but Hooper was really upset especially in regards to Nathan Cleary. The NSW media has really been pushing how unfair the Covid suspension was for Cleary.
So no one in NSWRL is aware that it happened last year or they just not letting facts get in the way

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
So no one in NSWRL is aware that it happened last year or they just not letting facts get in the way

Kent brought it up and defended Staggs calling it an entirely different situation.

Ikin then explained how each situation was different and how the RSPCA had to be called into investigate the Pearce situation. 😄 It seemed like Ikin thought that's exactly what happened as well before Kent corrected him.

They also brought up Bennett-Seibold as well and Bennett's quotes from today but I don't think they really weighed in on it.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Boyd Cordner would be gun signing, as he's one of the best forwards in the competition and a fantastic leader. However as you said it's not really a chance of happening. I'd like to see someone who would come and is a gun 2nd rower.

Cordner is overrated as ****. Give me Pangai over him any day

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
These guys are all so tight on IG. What on earth is happening at this club

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
What’d be nice for once is if the player comes out in the media and says “I’m really pissed that Weidler/Buzz/Hooper have lied again and are a negative influence and i call on the NRL to deregister these “journos”

Just once

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe he's showing other clubs how good he is...

or maybe after his last suspension and after working with his coach, he is trying to find a way to be more consistent and have less of those brain snaps of his ...

What’d be nice for once is if the player comes out in the media and says “I’m really pissed that Weidler/Buzz/Hooper have lied again and are a negative influence and i call on the NRL to deregister these “journos”

Just once

you know what the press do when they're called out ... especially given our current ladder position,

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
You really couldn’t blame anyone with any sort of talent getting the **** out of dodge

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
you know what the press do when they're called out ... especially given our current ladder position,

There are hundreds of real journalists furloughed or fired and are desperate for a job. Fire these fake journalists jerks and give someone else like those desperate for work a go.

It’s the same BS, the same people who bring the game down for clicks when the real journos could develop a decent relationship with the players and Actually grow the game.

PvL could go one better and refuse to talk to them also.

Novel concepts but hey maybe Mr Red Bandana is right. We are just an east coast game scrapping for food.

Time for the game to grow up

Last edited:
abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Seriously what the **** is going on at this club?
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-g8a642evnh9Kz0t.jpg

Active Now

• Allo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.