Pangai Shopping himself around?

Imagine if this club somehow managed to lose all of Fifita, TPJ, Dearden, Coates, Su'A, McGuire, Milford, Bird and Niu under this board and coach and replaced them with Kennedy, Kennar, Croft and Luke, while managing to regain a busted Kahu and Macca on inflated contracts and being unable to move on Milford. This is a VERY real possibility.

Let all of that sink in for a minute lads.

We must not lose dearden at all costs. He’s Our first home grown half since Lockyer and one you build a team around.

NRL Boom rookies nailed it for me; what you need from a coach these days is at least a level of adapdability and good man management skills.

Reckon Siebs has neither

Why...?

Well, taking this to a logical conclusion; once the season was paused, a new rule came out prior to the restart

Did our coaching staff take notice and attmept to find ways to exploit it..?

Nope

So, theres a big cross for adapdability

So, i can then imagine our players come back and ask "why didnt we do any training on this new rule change? Does our coach have a idea how we should be playing under this new rule?"

Our coach..."shut up and train, i asked Lodge and he said do nothing so thats what we are doing.." Those who dont train good enough like McGuire and Roberts...they get moved on..

Big cross for man management
I think this is a significant contributor to our issues:

They all thought that the season was not going to start for months and I think they trained (or did not train accordingly). They all got massively caught out when the season started in May again.

He's also unsigned for next year isn't he?
Shit, this is just another accident waiting to happen. Why is he not a priority?

Last edited:
I think this is a significant contributor to our issues:

They all thought that the season was not going to start for months and I think they trained (or did not train accordingly). They all got massively caught out when the season started in May again.

You‘d think some 10 weeks down the track that required level of fitness would be back up to scratch though...

Thanks @Foordy, so he is heading for another Fifita situation. They need to lock these kids down that have been earmarked to lead the club going forward.

I just think you need to be careful trying to control too much. Good coaches don't need 100 rules. Brian Smith used to get himself in all sorts of knots mentally trying to control too much and micro-manage everything.
Doesn’t have to be a rule. Just tell these pricks that it’s inappropriate to be in contact with someone who runs another club whilst you’re with us. You’re either with us or against us and contacting the bloke who just dropped his shares isn’t a good look. Especially at this time. There’s no need for this to be happening

I honestly couldn't agree less about TPJ being the fire in our pack.
He's like a new moon, only seen once a month.
When was the last time you saw him pull off a big hit that wasn't a shoulder charge.
For 700k he is a major disappointment .

He's a bit of a flat track bully, yeah. He also sits out half of the season either suspended or injured. He's still one of our most dangerous players, but Fifita was the faaaar bigger loss IMO.

Thanks @Foordy, so he is heading for another Fifita situation. They need to lock these kids down that have been earmarked to lead the club going forward.

We have to be careful we dont offer them too big a contract when they are unproven, but at the same time we need to keep them in our system. Our biggest mistake with contracts over the last few years is the length and the player options. As risky as it might sound, i think for a while we need to look at no more than 2 year deals and only go 3 years in exceptional circumstances.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.