Pangai Shopping himself around?

Do you honestly believe seibold is going to have a job after November 30th?

no i don't ... but that doesn't mean the players don't want to play for seibs

Players are just as responsible for the shit show. Quitting when things get too hard is part of the problem.
if you don't like the coach, you aren't going to play at your best. regardless of whether it's unprofessional or not, it's very evident that players and workers alike are a lot more willing to buy into a leaders ideas and perform for them if they either respect them, or can see the benefits. IMO Seibold has tried too hard to be liked, like a parent that tries to be a friend before being a role model and disciplinary, I think another poster on here has already raised the point that when he was a teacher he was the exact same.

he might be a great assistant, but imo he's shown nothing to indicate he has the ability to be a top level coach. the players should share some of the blame, but ultimately the majority is at the either his feet, or the board who failed to hire a competent coach.

Imagine if this club somehow managed to lose all of Fifita, TPJ, Dearden, Coates, Su'A, McGuire, Milford, Bird and Niu under this board and coach and replaced them with Kennedy, Kennar, Croft and Luke, while managing to regain a busted Kahu and Macca on inflated contracts and being unable to move on Milford. This is a VERY real possibility.

Let all of that sink in for a minute lads.

I wonder if a key member of a team like the Roosters or Storm would be casually on the phone to a key decision maker from another team's head office?

EVEN IF TPJ's exceedingly likely excuse 'oh I just called my billionaire friend to discuss the movements of his share portfolio' were true... Given the position of the club and Fifita's decision, would it really be appropriate? Especially considering previous meetings around signing TPJ to the chooks? I think it shows gross disrespect for both the coach and the club REGARDLESS of what was said on the call and I don't think key playmakers at other elite teams would ever do it. TPJ doesn't seem too bright at the best of times... all it takes is one throwaway comment or accidental admission and we've put another team in a better position to poach our talent.

On top of that... Why are any of our players even in contact with Nick Politis in the first place? Surely if the club was aware of this they'd be issuing instructions to players not to engage with key figureheads at rival clubs... Are we content to just let Uncle Nick be best buds with all our players behind the club's back? Give the poor old battling Roosters a direct line of communication with our stars and an inside track into signing them? Perhaps we should send Bellamy Dearden's phone number so they can be pals and our rivals can access more inside information about our shambles of a club.

I wonder if a key member of a team like the Roosters or Storm would be casually on the phone to a key decision maker from another team's head office?

EVEN IF TPJ's exceedingly likely excuse 'oh I just called my billionaire friend to discuss the movements of his share portfolio' were true... Given the position of the club and Fifita's decision, would it really be appropriate? Especially considering previous meetings around signing TPJ to the chooks? I think it shows gross disrespect for both the coach and the club REGARDLESS of what was said on the call and I don't think key playmakers at other elite teams would ever do it. TPJ doesn't seem too bright at the best of times... all it takes is one throwaway comment or accidental admission and we've put another team in a better position to poach our talent.

On top of that... Why are any of our players even in contact with Nick Politis in the first place? Surely if the club was aware of this they'd be issuing instructions to players not to engage with key figureheads at rival clubs... Are we content to just let Uncle Nick be best buds with all our players behind the club's back? Give the poor old battling Roosters a direct line of communication with our stars and an inside track into signing them? Perhaps we should send Bellamy Dearden's phone number so they can be pals and our rivals can access more inside information about our shambles of a club.

Yeah but what you are suggesting is what a good club would do.

Yeah but what you are suggesting is what a good club would do.

Make it clear to all players that part of the code of conduct is not to converse with opposition owners / coaches / key decision makers outside of appropriate times (Eg: when they are off-contract). Could make exceptions for contacting previous coaches - I know lots of coaches can be like father figures to these guys.

Obviously the actual rule would likely not be enforceable, but you're just using it to set an expectation and build a strong culture:

You play for the Broncos. It's us against them. Focus on being the best player you can be here while you are under contract. You have no reason to be talking to these people, if you're found to be doing so then you won't be re-signed.

Maybe it will still happen, but at least the players will know that the club doesn't approve and it's not the Broncos way. TPJ clearly thinks such communication is fine and that's half on him and half on the club for not making it clear (through an ingrained culture or otherwise) that's not the way to do things and they expect more.

Last edited:
Imagine if this club somehow managed to lose all of Fifita, TPJ, Dearden, Coates, Su'A, McGuire, Milford, Bird and Niu under this board and coach and replaced them with Kennedy, Kennar, Croft and Luke, while managing to regain a busted Kahu and Macca on inflated contracts and being unable to move on Milford. This is a VERY real possibility.

Let all of that sink in for a minute lads.
Haha. No way things would get that bad. Haha...

So he signed to play for Bennett even though he signed a 3 year extension when Bennett wasn't here?

He can't even talk to rival clubs untill the end of next year so I don't exactly see much truth to any of this, the only reported links with him talking to clubs was before he did his 3 year extension which everyone knew about at the time anyway(he even admitted going to see the knights facilities back then).

Last edited:
NRL Boom rookies nailed it for me; what you need from a coach these days is at least a level of adapdability and good man management skills.

Reckon Siebs has neither

Why...?

Well, taking this to a logical conclusion; once the season was paused, a new rule came out prior to the restart

Did our coaching staff take notice and attmept to find ways to exploit it..?

Nope

So, theres a big cross for adapdability

So, i can then imagine our players come back and ask "why didnt we do any training on this new rule change? Does our coach have a idea how we should be playing under this new rule?"

Our coach..."shut up and train, i asked Lodge and he said do nothing so thats what we are doing.." Those who dont train good enough like McGuire and Roberts...they get moved on..

Big cross for man management

So he signed to play for Bennett even though he signed a 3 year extension when Bennett wasn't here?

He can't even talk to rival clubs untill the end of next year so I don't exactly see much truth to any of this, the only reported links with him talking to clubs was before he did his 3 year extension which everyone knew about at the time anyway(he even admitted going to see the knights facilities back then).

That's just Hooper backtracking when Lara pulled him up on it.

Make it clear to all players that part of the code of conduct is not to converse with opposition owners / coaches / key decision makers outside of appropriate times (Eg: when they are off-contract). Could make exceptions for contacting previous coaches - I know lots of coaches can be like father figures to these guys.

Obviously the actual rule would likely not be enforceable, but you're just using it to set an expectation and build a strong culture:

You play for the Broncos. It's us against them. Focus on being the best player you can be here while you are under contract. You have no reason to be talking to these people, if you're found to be doing so then you won't be re-signed.

Maybe it will still happen, but at least the players will know that the club doesn't approve and it's not the Broncos way. TPJ clearly thinks such communication is fine and that's half on him and half on the club for not making it clear (through an ingrained culture or otherwise) that's not the way to do things and they expect more.

If you get caught up making rules like that you take away from your focus, you just become a paranoid leader checking phone records.

The football community isn't that big, players have other coaches and admin they talk to, do you think Cronk didn't talk to Bellamy for two years?

If you get caught up making rules like that you take away from your focus, you just become a paranoid leader checking phone records.

The football community isn't that big, players have other coaches and admin they talk to, do you think Cronk didn't talk to Bellamy for two years?

I don't propose you enforce the rule and check phone records... merely that you make players aware that its inappropriate and set an expectation and start creating a culture that doesn't tolerate that sort of nonsense.

As I said, I think an exemption for previous coaches is reasonable and fair... that's not an issue. I don't see any reason why any of our players would have need to stay in contact with someone like Nick Politis,

Last edited:
I don't propose you enforce the rule and check phone records... merely that you make players aware that its inappropriate and set an expectation and start creating a culture that doesn't tolerate that sort of nonsense.

As I said, I think an exemption for previous coaches is reasonable and fair... that's not an issue. I don't see any reason why any of our players would have need to stay in contact with someone like Nick Politis,

I just think you need to be careful trying to control too much. Good coaches don't need 100 rules. Brian Smith used to get himself in all sorts of knots mentally trying to control too much and micro-manage everything.

I just think you need to be careful trying to control too much. Good coaches don't need 100 rules. Brian Smith used to get himself in all sorts of knots mentally trying to control too much and micro-manage everything.

Would be nice to have a good coach.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Allo
  • cento
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • BooKhaki
  • achievedrap
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wild Horse
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • bb_gun
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.