Panthers sack Anthony Griffin

I have a soft spot for Hook. Clearly he’s limited as a coach, the role he’s been undertaking at the Panthers was ideal for him though, didn’t need to be a mad scientist, just had to keep the players in line and have them buy in. Which they seemed to do for as long as Gould kept in the background.

Like Moga, glad he got a decent gig before he was inevitably sidelined, apparently a million dollar payout, plus what he’s earned so far, so he can at least ease back in to whatever he chooses to do next.

Hook will be on 360 tomorrow.

Seriously though, The real coaching dilemma is at the broncos... what potential coaches are there for the broncos?

Seriously though, The real coaching dilemma is at the broncos... what potential coaches are there for the broncos?

Demetriou for head coach and Hodges combo for Me. All of the so callled big names are burnt out, damaged or locked down.

I’m not a fan of the sir Alex Ferguson / Gould director model In the background that Wayne wants, a failed model IMO

Last edited:
Demetriou for head coach and Hodges combo for Me. All of the so callled big names are burnt out, damaged or locked down.

I’m not a fan of the sir Alex Ferguson / Gould director model In the background that Wayne wants, a failed model IMO

I'm hoping straight swap Bennett for Seibold effective end of season.

If I were Cleary, I would be leveraging this for all it is worth with the Tigers and screwing Penrith at the same time. Get an upgrade on his next two years at the Tigers and an extension (if he wants it) for 1-2 years, sign that deal and then tell Gould to shove his offer where the sun don't shine.

Interesting stat a commenter made over at The Roar.

Apparently no coach has ever won their first premiership after coaching 250 games.

Don't know if it's true but it's a hell of a stat if it is.

Apparently no coach has ever won their first premiership after coaching 250 games.

So what's that,10 seasons, interesting. There does seem to be a high number of newbie, flash in the pan success at winning premierships.

How is this going to leave Panthers with the off field cap next year- pay out Hook, maybe compensate Tigers and pay a new coach that's a hefty chunk.

How is this going to leave Panthers with the off field cap next year- pay out Hook, maybe compensate Tigers and pay a new coach that's a hefty chunk.

Gus will just tell Todd that this won't be impacting their cap and Todd will agree.

John lang?

So what's that,10 seasons, interesting. There does seem to be a high number of newbie, flash in the pan success at winning premierships.

Yeah seasons used to be slightly shorter with less teams. I'd like to see a stat if a coach ever won a premiership after three or so years. Let's say from 1980 onwards. Apart from Bennett and Bellamy.

None really jump out.

John lang?

Good call! He was coach of the sharks for a number of years before success with Penrith.

Active Now

• broncs30
  • Spike
  • BroncosAlways
  • whykickamoocow
  • Fitzy
  • Tim K
  • Foordy
  • Brotherdu
  • BRC088
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • kiwibronco
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.