OLYMPICS Paris Olympics

Titmus and O'Callaghan coming up in the 200m freestyle semi final.

There's been news of a cheating scandal involving the Canadian women's football team which goes back to Tokyo, as well.

If disciplinary action is taken regarding the Tokyo results, Matildas could be awarded the bronze after Canada would be stripped of the gold. The gold would go to Sweden, the silver would go to US, bronze would go to us.

They were using drones to spy on the oppositions training which FIFA are considering as cheating. They have also done it in this Olympics as well and were doing it to NZ before their first match.

Canada's head coach has been sent home, two assistants have been banned for a year and Canada have been stripped of 6 points which would make it difficult for them to qualify for the knockout stages.

Watched the USA vs Serbia game.

USA on their way to another gold again. Hoping that Boomers can compete for the silver and get a bronze at the very least. After Tokyo, it would be a shame to back up that by not winning a medal.

Still I thought they would handle them easy based on the odds. I saw the first goal. Was pretty special.

Matildas back 4 were quite poor in this game.

Watched the USA vs Serbia game.

USA on their way to another gold again. Hoping that Boomers can compete for the silver and get a bronze at the very least. After Tokyo, it would be a shame to back up that by not winning a medal.
I thought Serbia were holding their own for most of the game until late. USA couldn't miss from 3 and Serbia couldn't hit 1 to save their lives. Would have been interesting if those percentages evened up a bit. I still think they could be vulnerable in a 1 off setting. Only takes 1 game. In the knockouts

My brother in law (Miles Stewart former Olympian and Silver medal winner in Commonwealth games) with some Aussie champs in Paris.
453453094 8439356566097109 689428398786608281 n

I thought Serbia were holding their own for most of the game until late. USA couldn't miss from 3 and Serbia couldn't hit 1 to save their lives. Would have been interesting if those percentages evened up a bit. I still think they could be vulnerable in a 1 off setting. Only takes 1 game. In the knockouts

I guess it's possible.

All it takes is one game as you say. The problem is, that will need to be just about a perfect game from Boomers and I don't see that in them. They are good at starting strong and finishing strong but it's the middle of the game where they have a tendency to drop off a bit and their opposition starts to get over the top of them. They managed to recover against Spain, but against the US that's where they will rack up a good lead which they are very very good at maintaining.

Not surprisingly a Sandy Brondello team looks like absolute shit. If she doesn't have an all star team she has no idea what she is doing. Getting waxed by Nigeria.

We're in the 3rd quarter and the Opals are 5 points behind Nigeria.

It's been a better 3rd quarter from the girls. 3:48 left in the quarter.

Missing easy shots like that aren't going to help you girls...

That was very poor Melbourne.

If you have a free attempt at a layup, take it. Don't jump to fake one and then pass to no one.

End of the third quarter and it's 51-47 to Nigeria.

Need to push hard in this final quarter girls.

That was the girls chance to take the lead and they turn over possession and Nigeria get a 3.

Missing 2 free throws aren't helping either.

Their shooting hasn't been good enough.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • Robboi_321
  • Foordy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • PETERN
  • ettybay
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.