OLYMPICS Paris Olympics

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of pile on.

I think it stems from the Wallabies being so shit so there isn't that expectation for the 7's team to do well and people probably think they overachieved.

For mine the women's team should have won gold, or got a silver/bronze at the very least.

I also think the Matildas aren't copping as much as they should be copping.

I think the Matildas played to expectation tbh. People expecting us to make semi finals and such after the World Cup are placing unrealistic expectations. They did it in a home world cup with Sam Kerr in the team. We were never going to play better than that time and it was evident in friendly games leading up to the tournament.

I think the Matildas played to expectation tbh. People expecting us to make semi finals and such after the World Cup are placing unrealistic expectations. They did it in a home world cup with Sam Kerr in the team. We were never going to play better than that time and it was evident in friendly games leading up to the tournament.

Reaching the knockout stage was very achievable even with the group they were in. That Zambia game was really poor and that's the game that cost them.

I only caught the Matildas last game but we played a very passive style and only looked threatening in the last 10 when they were allowed to go full attack

Interesting that Matt Richardson has had his application to switch allegiance from Australia to GB has been successful and he will no longer be cycling for Australia.

Active Now

• Galah
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.