OLYMPICS Paris Olympics

What happened to tenpin bowling?

Pete Weber Fist GIF

What is the point of having rugby 7s and league 9s?

Cricket makes sense, it has become a truly global sport with T20 even though I don’t personally love that format.

Skateboarding and bmx have really added something to the Olympics, I’m all for them being included. Break dancing does not, it’s boring, particularly the way the Olympic version is set up.

I thought it was interesting a comment made by a legendary African-American break dancer. He said, if I have a PhD in sprinting, doesn’t mean that qualified me to run the Olympics against Noah Lyles.

This breakdancing performance should not be defended, she’s essentially insulted an entire sport and hip hop culture.

As the same guy said, people were already questioning this activity being in the Olympics, she’s given all these people a nail to put in its coffin.

He finished by saying she’s going to make a lot of money from this, she’s the most viral video from the Olympics, she’s also made the entire sport regress because now it looks completely amateurish.
There is basketball and 3x3 basketball, judo and taekwondo, beach volleyball and volleyball. So rugby league 9s won't have an issue. LA wanted flag football so and got it so if Brisbane wants it they will gets rugby league. I hope NRL allows players to participate have great exposure and could bring eyeballs and funding to the sport.

In fairness, international basketball is getting stronger and stronger. I think it should be an Olympic sport, it is becoming a huge drawcard. The US put out their strongest team possible and still got pushed the whole way.

France is coming, as is Australia. Like I know it won't happen but imagine throwing a committed Kyrie Irving and Ben Simmons into that line up. The European sides are getting stronger and so is Canada. In fact, you look at the MVP contenders this year in the NBA, the only US player was Tatum. Unfortunately they naturalised Embiid but he too could have been playing for France or Cameroon.

The biggest NBA players right now include double MVP Jokic (serbia), SGA (Canada), Doncic (Slovenia), Giannia (Greece). The biggest up and comer is French - Wembanyama. Germany has some big name players everywhere.

Then you have a bunch of international all stars in Sengun (Turkey), Sabonis (Lithuania), Gobert (France), Horford (Dominican Republic), Simmons and Irving (Australia), Markkanen (Finland) and more.
Jokic 3 time mvp. France will be scary in LA.

Gotta say the Olympics is soo much better with crowds.

Tokyo was good, but the lack of atmosphere really did affect it. But this time around the atmosphere at the events was so much better.

The France vs USA basketball gold medal matches, especially the women's one was good watching.

I do worry about the kind of atmosphere Brisbane can deliver on the back of Paris and then LA.

Gotta say the Olympics is soo much better with crowds.

Tokyo was good, but the lack of atmosphere really did affect it. But this time around the atmosphere at the events was so much better.

The France vs USA basketball gold medal matches, especially the women's one was good watching.

I do worry about the kind of atmosphere Brisbane can deliver on the back of Paris and then LA.
These Paris games were incredible, best since Sydney, IMO. Even with the rain destroyed opening ceremony. Commentators rave about London, but I was there (went to the swimming, gymnastics, and some random other things) and it was shit TBH. Just a never ending sea of posh angry Poms complaining about the crowds, noise, flags from other countries, and everything in between - audibly.

Paris had the city vibes, and the crowd noise was insane at all venues - and not just reserved for finals, the French were losing their mind at everything. I guess this is what happens when the public is proud of their city and country.

LA will have good stadium atmospheres but the general vibe around the city will be such a flop. Of course they'll ship their shanty towns and skid rows out to some unknown location, but the city can't hide it's lack of personality. It is such a fickle, false, and miserable dump.

If Brisbane can get the stadium situation together we will be fine. Sydney was the Olympics for the people, and we can replicate that. The vibes will be off the charts - imagine Caxton Street, South Bank, Eagle Street Pier, Queens Wharf etc. They'll be buzzing. Every night will be like an Origin night. Most bosses will not give a flying f**k about DeLiVeRaBLeS over the 16 days. I'm certain it will be good, and I f**king can't waittttttt

So this was the final that decided who went to the Olympics.

Maybe I know **** all about break dancing but I thought Molly was a lot better than her.

Maybe I know **** all about break dancing but I thought Molly was a lot better than her.

From what I’ve read from actual breakers, Molly wasn’t very musical and missed the beat a lot. She also apparently repeated a lot of moves which the judges frown upon.

They both looked bad. Seems like the selection process was targeted at a specific group of people. Could have went to any random highschool in nearby western Sydney and found someone better.

The judges can say whatever they want, they clearly screwed up.

I doubt they screwed up. It's probably just more nepotism.

I hope she doesn't cop an ounce of Aussie Olympic hero. She should front up and tell us just wtf was going on here.

I doubt they screwed up. It's probably just more nepotism.

I hope she doesn't cop an ounce of Aussie Olympic hero. She should front up and tell us just wtf was going on here.
The rumours about her husband being a selector is not true. He’s not even a big name in the scene so there’s no way he had any big say with her selection. All the judges were international breakers that picked ray gun unanimously

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.