OLYMPICS Paris Olympics

The rumours about her husband being a selector is not true. He’s not even a big name in the scene so there’s no way he had any big say with her selection. All the judges were international breakers that picked ray gun unanimously

Nah, there is something more at play here. There were no decent breakers in that for a reason.

There should be a proper investigation.

Extremely bad.....break dancing mustn't be what it used to be anymore.

TBH though, I think its a complete joke that Break Dancing is even being considered as an Olympic Sport.

Thing is the Aussie guy was pretty good (which is all being overlooked due to this clown).

Olympics has some weird sports so I don't really care if it was included or not, just don't make a joke of it (takes away from all the real talent and the effort they put in).

Was at QSAC not too long ago and ots a joke that it will host the Olympics. Like seriously

Was at QSAC not too long ago and ots a joke that it will host the Olympics. Like seriously
I drove past it with my 7 yr old and he asked what’s that small looking stadium. I said that’s gonna be the Olympics and even he laughed his arse off.

They both looked bad. Seems like the selection process was targeted at a specific group of people. Could have went to any random highschool in nearby western Sydney and found someone better.
I don't know who is who, but to my untrained eye the chick in blue looked better. But it's not off the charts better.

Further more......I thought break dance was coool.....hip...stylish

Is it me? This aint fucken stylish !!!

She's embarrassed not only herself
but an entire nation as well (its gone viral)
She should be fired into the sun.

Nah, there is something more at play here. There were no decent breakers in that for a reason.

There should be a proper investigation.

From what I’ve seen online, her and her husband are in charge of the body that held the qualifiers, and they were put in charge by the ballroom dance-sport body because they likely didn’t want to deal with it.

Qualifiers were apparently barely advertised and it basically was ended up being a closed invitational

Now how much of the above is true I’m not sure, but I’ve seen the main points repeated a few times.

Regardless, it was a disgraceful performance that turned our best Olympics (particularly outside of the water) into a meme, all to help some narcissistic “academic” gain some attention and add another angle to her bullshit degree of ‘I was prejudiced against on the biggest stage in the world because I’m a white woman’

I mean, she did shithouse, but a whole lot of Olympians did shithouse. The public outcry, IMO, is getting really weird.

Society turned it into a meme - if everyone stopped meme-ing, she would fade away. Just like 'Eric the Eel'.

Back to athlete performances, many did JUST AS SHIT as Raygun (and at literally every sport), for example, three high jumpers that didn't even clear one jump at 2.15m - the Olympic standard was set at 2.23m. Their performance was just as shit.

We all gotta get a grip. The suggestion that she and her husband gifted her qualification is tin foil hat stuff.

AOC's statement
For the record, the AOC can lay out the following facts.

• The Oceania Qualifying event held in Sydney in October 2023 was conducted under the Olympic qualification system determined by the international governing body, World DanceSport Federation (WDSF) as approved by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
  • The judging panel for the event was selected by the WDSF and consisted of nine independent international judges who were brought to Australia specifically to provide fair, expert and transparent adjudication.
  • The event was conducted by AUSBreaking under the auspices of DanceSport Australia and the WDSF and complying with WDSF guidelines. Athletes from four countries – Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Fiji competed.
  • Dr Rachael Gunn in winning the Oceania Breaking Championship in October 2023 was legitimately nominated by DanceSport Australia to the AOC for selection in the Australian Olympic Team.
  • Dr Rachael Gunn holds no position with AUSBreaking or DanceSport Australia in any capacity. She is simply an athlete who competed in the qualifying event which she won. There were no appeals from any athlete.
  • Dr Gunn has no responsibility for any funding decisions in her sport.
  • Mr Samuel Free is a coach who holds no position with AUSBreaking or DanceSport Australia in any capacity and was not a judge at the qualifying event.
  • Australian Olympic Team Chef de Mission Anna Meares was not involved in the qualifying event or nomination of athletes.
  • DanceSport Australia and the athletes received no Federal Government Funding.
  • The AOC provided high performance funding to DanceSport Australia for Breaking, from its own financial resources.
  • The Australian Olympic Committee fully funded the Australian Olympic Team’s campaign to Paris.
  • No Federal taxpayer’s funds were sought, nor provided for the Olympic Teams’ Paris campaign. The $25 million dollar cost for the Team was met entirely by the Australian Olympic Committee.

From what I’ve seen online, her and her husband are in charge of the body that held the qualifiers, and they were put in charge by the ballroom dance-sport body because they likely didn’t want to deal with it.

Qualifiers were apparently barely advertised and it basically was ended up being a closed invitational

Now how much of the above is true I’m not sure, but I’ve seen the main points repeated a few times.

Regardless, it was a disgraceful performance that turned our best Olympics (particularly outside of the water) into a meme, all to help some narcissistic “academic” gain some attention and add another angle to her bullshit degree of ‘I was prejudiced against on the biggest stage in the world because I’m a white woman’
Look at her husbands profile, he’s bit of a bum so there is no way he’s manipulating a thing nor does he have that much pull to rig a competition.

I read an actual Australian breakers take on the whole thing and he made it very clear ray guns husband is nothing more than her coach. He also went to explain that the trials were very last minute and a lot of breakers just couldn’t be bothered or they weren’t in shape to compete. A lot apparently didn’t want the pressure of representing Australia either.

He then explained the girl who lost to ray gun for a place in the Olympics just didn’t hit the mark with her moves. She slipped a lot at the end of her spins and missed the beat.

Back to athlete performances, many did JUST AS SHIT as Raygun (and at literally every sport), for example, three high jumpers that didn't even clear one jump at 2.15m - the Olympic standard was set at 2.23m. Their performance was just as shit.
I’m pretty sure a Mexican diver flopped on her back on entry to the water. She scored 0’s too I think.

I’m pretty sure a Mexican diver flopped on her back on entry to the water. She scored 0’s too I think.
Yes! Some hurdlers were absolutely diabolical too. Not to mention some skateboarding, archery, etc.

Initially I thought Raygun had just Sasha Baron Cohen'd an almighty skit, and was loving it. But even though it's now known that she was serious, the public outcry is cooked. Since when were Aussies this serious, and serious to the point of unhinged hatred to one of our own that had a go - albeit shit.

Most of the people signing that petition are fat and shit at everything.

Yeah for real. Raygun looked a bit slower in her movements and shit but like when did everyone become an expert on Break dancing to know that she sucked so bad? All of the break dancing looked like crazy shit to me.

Even if she did suck that bad, who gives a shit? People are piling on because it's the in thing to do. Why didn't the Rugby Union team cop it after knocking on a million times? Instead, everyone said "we are so proud of you".

Why didn't the Rugby Union team cop it after knocking on a million times?

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of pile on.

I think it stems from the Wallabies being so shit so there isn't that expectation for the 7's team to do well and people probably think they overachieved.

For mine the women's team should have won gold, or got a silver/bronze at the very least.

I also think the Matildas aren't copping as much as they should be copping.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.