OLYMPICS Paris Olympics

So there's been a strong push the past couple of years for Rugby League to be included in the Olympics. I imagine it would be a 9's format or even a 7's format.

It's apparently going to be trialed in the next Commonwealth games with the aim of having it included in Brisbane 2032. The host nation are able to put forward a bunch of sports to be included and Rugby League is going to be one of them.

The one thing that could stop it from happening is that the Olympics is during the NRL season and no club are going to send their stars. But for mine, it could be a great event to showcase the upcoming talent.

From what I've heard, cricket is also going to be included in LA2028.

What is the point of having rugby 7s and league 9s?

Cricket makes sense, it has become a truly global sport with T20 even though I don’t personally love that format.

Skateboarding and bmx have really added something to the Olympics, I’m all for them being included. Break dancing does not, it’s boring, particularly the way the Olympic version is set up.

I thought it was interesting a comment made by a legendary African-American break dancer. He said, if I have a PhD in sprinting, doesn’t mean that qualified me to run the Olympics against Noah Lyles.

This breakdancing performance should not be defended, she’s essentially insulted an entire sport and hip hop culture.

As the same guy said, people were already questioning this activity being in the Olympics, she’s given all these people a nail to put in its coffin.

He finished by saying she’s going to make a lot of money from this, she’s the most viral video from the Olympics, she’s also made the entire sport regress because now it looks completely amateurish.

What is the point of having rugby 7s and league 9s?

Cricket makes sense, it has become a truly global sport with T20 even though I don’t personally love that format.

Skateboarding and bmx have really added something to the Olympics, I’m all for them being included. Break dancing does not, it’s boring, particularly the way the Olympic version is set up.

I thought it was interesting a comment made by a legendary African-American break dancer. He said, if I have a PhD in sprinting, doesn’t mean that qualified me to run the Olympics against Noah Lyles.

This breakdancing performance should not be defended, she’s essentially insulted an entire sport and hip hop culture.

As the same guy said, people were already questioning this activity being in the Olympics, she’s given all these people a nail to put in its coffin.

He finished by saying she’s going to make a lot of money from this, she’s the most viral video from the Olympics, she’s also made the entire sport regress because now it looks completely amateurish.

Yeah, she's a selfish ****.

THe real sport that needs to be dropped is 3 on 3 basketball. Either have 5 on 5, or 3 on 3, not both!

I personally don't mind the weird out there sports - but sports that get global coverage all year long I hate being in the olympics and find boring to watch - tennis, basketball, golf. Either get rid of them, or make it amateurs only again - like boxing.

We can't have Rugby 7's and Rugby league, that's stupid. If they did allow it, I wouldn't mind netball in 2032, which on the surface looks like basketball is quite a different skillset.

THe real sport that needs to be dropped is 3 on 3 basketball. Either have 5 on 5, or 3 on 3, not both!

I personally don't mind the weird out there sports - but sports that get global coverage all year long I hate being in the olympics and find boring to watch - tennis, basketball, golf. Either get rid of them, or make it amateurs only again - like boxing.

We can't have Rugby 7's and Rugby league, that's stupid. If they did allow it, I wouldn't mind netball in 2032, which on the surface looks like basketball is quite a different skillset.

You could easily swap 3-on-3 basketball for netball and that makes a lot more sense anyway.

I want them to bring back tug-o-war

Agree on removing the sports that already have global attention, etc.

If a gold medal isnt the biggest prize in that specific sport then it shouldn't be in the Olympics.

If NBA players pull out of the Olympics then it's not their biggest priority and you're not even getting a better product than what the NBA put out every day when it's on.

Netball should definitely be in the Olympics... they have world cups, but I can see Olympic gold being a big pull for netball players

that is so cringe-worthy.

two questions:

1. how the **** did she get selected? literally the only way i could see is the AOC taking the piss, treating the event like a joke and sending her to be humiliated.

2. Did she actually win the Oceania championship as the commentator said? if so, how fucking bad is break dancing in this part of the world that she not only scored points, but enough points to win.
I've read that her husband and Uni peers were the judges at the Oceania championships. I mean if that shits true then we know how she got picked. It just further enhances the fact that we as tax payers fund these fuckwits holidays over there to not even give a shit. Id personally give her a bill for the bill we picked up because she didn't take it seriously enough.

Agree on removing the sports that already have global attention, etc.

If a gold medal isnt the biggest prize in that specific sport then it shouldn't be in the Olympics.

If NBA players pull out of the Olympics then it's not their biggest priority and you're not even getting a better product than what the NBA put out every day when it's on.

Netball should definitely be in the Olympics... they have world cups, but I can see Olympic gold being a big pull for netball players

In fairness, international basketball is getting stronger and stronger. I think it should be an Olympic sport, it is becoming a huge drawcard. The US put out their strongest team possible and still got pushed the whole way.

France is coming, as is Australia. Like I know it won't happen but imagine throwing a committed Kyrie Irving and Ben Simmons into that line up. The European sides are getting stronger and so is Canada. In fact, you look at the MVP contenders this year in the NBA, the only US player was Tatum. Unfortunately they naturalised Embiid but he too could have been playing for France or Cameroon.

The biggest NBA players right now include double MVP Jokic (serbia), SGA (Canada), Doncic (Slovenia), Giannia (Greece). The biggest up and comer is French - Wembanyama. Germany has some big name players everywhere.

Then you have a bunch of international all stars in Sengun (Turkey), Sabonis (Lithuania), Gobert (France), Horford (Dominican Republic), Simmons and Irving (Australia), Markkanen (Finland) and more.

I'm not a fan of having any sports in the Olympics where the winner is determined by judges. I know that's a lot of sports and includes sports I'm a fan of like Skateboarding and Surfing, but it's pretty shit that a few people's opinions determines what is and what isn't worth a medal.

A pretty hot take I suppose. But you wanna see a clear winner.

I would like to see Netball included, but the one thing holding it back is the severe lack of male participation.

If they can fix that issue, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be included.

I would like to see Netball included, but the one thing holding it back is the severe lack of male participation.

If they can fix that issue, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be included.

Doesn't seem to impact rhythmic gymnastics and synchronised swimming though?

We are all missing the obvious one though - hot dog eating.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Xarr
  • Shane Tronc
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.