OLYMPICS Paris Olympics

I feel a bit sorry for her TBH, even though I think she was taking the piss because she knew she had no chance on BD skill.
We should never have sent a competitor at all.
I base that on other sports where you have to qualify with a required time/height etc to be selected as well as finish top 2 in selection trials.
She will make a decent pay day from this I'm sure.

Meares went the wrong way on this, but I guess she also couldn't throw one of her own team under the bus.
Must be trying to cover up some bribery or corruption, because that's the only reason I can think of why she was sent in the 1st place. Australia has a lot more talented break-dancers...

TBH, the bigger embarrassment is that break dancing is at the Olympics in the first place.
To be fair, if things like synchronised swimming, ribbon twirling and trampoline jumping are in the Olympics, it makes sense that some sort of dancing is...

I just expected better. Maybe movies from my childhood created false expectations...

They gotta put some coin into QE2 if they're going to use that shithole too.
Qld government commission a report on what would be best scenario to do with stadiums for the games upon finding the results they ignore it completely. Sydney can do it with 90% stadiums already there better then doing it at QSAC

Qld government commission a report on what would be best scenario to do with stadiums for the games upon finding the results they ignore it completely. Sydney can do it with 90% stadiums already there better then doing it at QSAC

Yeah, they also got a bloke they knew would agree with the agenda of the day to undertake it. It's all been a bit of a joke.

They should just make it an Australian one, and hope that Brisbane can build something better than Sydney or Melbourne for at least one sport.

Yeah, they also got a bloke they knew would agree with the agenda of the day to undertake it. It's all been a bit of a joke.

They should just make it an Australian one, and hope that Brisbane can build something better than Sydney or Melbourne for at least one sport.
Brisbane can have break-dancing...

I don't see why they cant just share the games with the gold coast and take advantage of all the new infrastructure they got for the commonwealth games a few years ago. I mean its an hour on the train between the cities. But instead, they will build niche buildings that wont be used again after the Olympics and be a vandals paradise later down the track all the while costing the tax payers billions of dollars

I don't mind the idea of dancing being an Olympic sport but it would be better if it was something classical or even group dance fights. Whatever the heck that break dancing thing was though should be shot in to the sun.

They gotta put some coin into QE2 if they're going to use that shithole too.
Yeh, good lord it is grim. I just feel like they will drop that and find a way to have the Gabba host the olympics. The budget is going to blow out astronomically in any case, may as well end up with two decent and used stadiums.

Would love to see Suncorp with a 65-70k capacity. 6 Broncos games have sold out this year - the near 10,000 stadium members and corporate seats are holding the Broncos attendances back.

Nashys going for break dance gold!
Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

Would still be better than raygun lol

Dog Poop GIF by Shelly Saves the Day

Karen performing her BGirl routine at the Olympics…
What a fucken embarrassment 🤦🏻‍♂️

Nothing against “breaking”.
Go for your life if that’s your jam.
In fact, I even did it as a five year old on the Goldie (busking) and made coin!
However…
It is not a fucking sport!!!!
I don’t care one anyone says.
Shit like skateboarding, surfing, break dancing ARE NOT SPORTS! They are a past time, recreational activity or call it whatever you want, they are not the same as kids growing up in a pool training 11 times a week, doing 100s of KMs.
Btw, I did all the above as a kid, still don’t mind having a surf when I can, so it’s not the activity I’m against. It’s the fact that you can get a gold medal for that shit, which is the same medal as a Kayaker or Swimmer.

Rachel Gunn holds a PHD in social studies. She apparently fell into break dancing through her now husbands interest in the movement. I've seen footage of her husbands dancing? it looks the same....

The blame more lyes with the qualifying process, and Rachel Gunn's ego. Rachel wanted to be a part of a historical moment. She did not care for the movement she will claim. Rachel raised her profile beyond her wildest dreams, and put break dancing back equally.

My daughter has a phd in medicine. I know what it takes. I'm very interesting in the review board that looked at Rachel Gunns work.

Watch it in all it's cringey glory.

that is so cringe-worthy.

two questions:

1. how the **** did she get selected? literally the only way i could see is the AOC taking the piss, treating the event like a joke and sending her to be humiliated.

2. Did she actually win the Oceania championship as the commentator said? if so, how fucking bad is break dancing in this part of the world that she not only scored points, but enough points to win.

Active Now

• marw
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Xarr
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.