OLYMPICS Paris Olympics

Jenna Strauch finishes 5th and Ella Ramsay finishes 6th in the women's 200m breaststroke semi final #1.

I don't think we'll have an Aussie in the final.

Goddamn that was almost a goal for Canada.

Confirmation no Aussies in the women's 200m breaststroke final.

We've got Zac Stubblety-Cook and Joshua Yong coming up in the men's 200m breaststroke final.

And then after that we've got Kyle Chalmers in the men's 100m freestyle final.

Canada score from a set piece in the 61st minute.

That's not what Matildas wanted.

Stubblety-Cook silver in the final.

He was just too far behind Marchand in the final 50.

Silver for Chalmers in the 100m freestyle final.

Pan from China gold and sets a new world record.

A goal from Colombia isn't coming.

That's full time between Colombia and Canada.

Matildas are officially out of the Olympics.

That second goal from USA was so trash, we pretty much gave them an assist.

Both goals were really poor. Neither one should have been scored.

And then Kennedy missing an absolute sitter right in front of goal which would have given us the crucial 2nd goal we needed.

It's just been a very poor Olympics from the Matildas.

Both goals were really poor. Neither one should have been scored.

And then Kennedy missing an absolute sitter right in front of goal which would have given us the crucial 2nd goal we needed.

It's just been a very poor Olympics from the Matildas.

I think they’ve needed a reality check after the World Cup.

They’ve mirrored the Broncs a bit with their charmed run despite having some obvious flaws

Isn’t the entire china swim team under a drug cloud?

Sure but in terms of this particular race and his particular performance, all I'm saying is that he hasn't come from nowhere from semis to win it.

When all you want to do is rock
But you don't want to bear the shock, no more
When its just sweat that fills your eyes
Belated feelings that you have denied

You were amazing
And we did amazing things
And I wouldn't change it
'Cause we were amazing things

That bloke only just qualified and then beat everyone by a length…not suss at all
Heat management is super common - often favourites miss the semi and final for taking it too easy.

However - his time is outrageous, and particularly in that shallow pool - (shallower pools are often slower because the shadow being closer makes it look like you're swimming faster than you are, and you can become a bit disorientated). I was a state swimmer in my time (made national trials) and could never replicate my swims in a 3m pool in a 2m pool (like the 2.15m depth in Paris). He's either such a freak that none of this matters, or that he was juiced to the gills through his training camps, and the Chinese wrote some superb cheques for the WADA officials - just like in 2021 (unconfirmed, but it was all swept under the rug --too easily).

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But I was a freestyler and a butterflyer, and never in my life would I expect to see a 46.91 from the supersuit era be worked down to 46.40. I've swam in a supersuit, and they literally shoot you up, so the underwater work (turns etc) were fun. It's absurd. Phelps' reaction said a lot, as did the other finalists.

He might be clean, but I just can't trust the Chinese at the moment.

Active Now

• theshed
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Waynesaurus
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Dexter
  • Rookie Alan
  • Hurrijo
  • lakers133334
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.