OLYMPICS Paris Olympics

Heat management is super common - often favourites miss the semi and final for taking it too easy.

However - his time is outrageous, and particularly in that shallow pool - (shallower pools are often slower because the shadow being closer makes it look like you're swimming faster than you are, and you can become a bit disorientated). I was a state swimmer in my time (made national trials) and could never replicate my swims in a 3m pool in a 2m pool (like the 2.15m depth in Paris). He's either such a freak that none of this matters, or that he was juiced to the gills through his training camps, and the Chinese wrote some superb cheques for the WADA officials - just like in 2021 (unconfirmed, but it was all swept under the rug --too easily).

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But I was a freestyler and a butterflyer, and never in my life would I expect to see a 46.91 from the supersuit era be worked down to 46.40. I've swam in a supersuit, and they literally shoot you up, so the underwater work (turns etc) were fun. It's absurd. Phelps' reaction said a lot, as did the other finalists.

He might be clean, but I just can't trust the Chinese at the moment.
He won a 100m race by a body length... rest of the field were basically under a handkerchief ... that's just not something you would expect to see in a short sprint race like that.

He won a 100m race by a body length... rest of the field were basically under a handkerchief ... that's just not something you would expect to see in a short sprint race like that.
Yep. It's not normal. Look at the rest of the field - without him it is one of the best olympic 100m finals.

Check this out. You have Chalmers clearly saying "(yeah)...doping" across the lane to Popovici. Two of the three most respected current freestylers are aware. Dressel would be the third (even though he didn't swim it in Paris, but is good mates with Popovici and Chalmers) and he will probably come out and say something soon.

Pan has come out and said that Kyle didn't say hello to him, and Jack Alexy splashed his coach lmao.

We're in a golden period of swimming - but it is becoming everyone vs China.

23 of China's swimmers tested positive to a banned heart medication that enhances performance before the Tokyo games.

Pan's name was on that list.

Their women's 4x 200m relay team was stripped of their gold medals.

23 of China's swimmers tested positive to a banned heart medication that enhances performance before the Tokyo games.

Pan's name was on that list.

Their women's 4x 200m relay team was stripped of their gold medals.
Yep, and the stripping hasn't even been ratified yet. $$$$$$$$$$

The IOC has told the yanks to STFU and leave WADA alone, and are threatening to strip the 2034 winter olympics from them if they don't. Chinese handouts are everywhere.

The fact that trimetazidine was swept under the rug is INSANE. It is literally the best drug to enhance performance in a swimming pool, you simply won't fatigue. And since then, Chinese swimmers have destroyed the 100m free and 200m breaststroke WRs which are two swims that are known for fatigue and drop offs in the final 10. Notice Pan? Blasted from start to finish. Even Cam McEvoys 47:04 dropped off in the final 10. Dressell's 49:45 in the 100m butterfly in Tokyo too - huge fade in the final 10m.

They don't have the technical abilities for backstroke. If they had a competent butterflyer, those would be gone too. Hell, they expect us to believe that Liu Zige's 2:02:81 (which was set in China was legit)?? Lmaoooo. Justice for Jessicah Schipper (who is a mad Broncos fan) - her 2:03:41 is the true WR.

Anyway, my rants are probably boring. Swimming is my number 2 sport tho haha

His semi time still would have won him the final, he got greedy :D .

Old mate wasn't even trying to hide it.

To win by a body length in a 100 metre race, yeah righto pal. I'd cop that if it were at least 200 metres. They're doing 2 laps of the pool at the absolute highest level, fatigue isn't coming into it here.

All three Aussie men in the walking lead group at 8km. One starting to drop back possibly.

Yep one is off the back now, the other two still there after 9km.

Gap forming at the front, Aussie 2 starting to head toward the back but still there.

Aussie 2 just manoeuvring his way around. Two still there at halfway.

Italy 55 sporting one of the coolest moustaches at the Olympics.

We've got about 15-18 in the front group at 12km, including Aussie 1 and 2

haha moustache man is running...very clearly...and getting away with it.

The runners are stepping up the pace here and the walkers can't go with them.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Griffo
  • Alec
  • Dreaglor
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • theshed
  • pagey
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • kman
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Redux
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mr Fourex
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.