Parker and Slater MAY miss Origin 3 - who to move where?

To be honest, in the NRL, he should play like that every week !

Origin though, as we know, is totally different, and you don't have the time/room to do what you would normally be able to in the NRL.

I hope whatever it is that lead to him getting the flick from the side gets sorted out.

Hodges would be an perfect example as well.

Hmmm, tough question ??

I'll have to think about that one.

Hodges has only had 3 'good' games in Origin IMO.

Game 1 06
Game 2 06
Game 3 09

The rest are solid - extremely s**t.

Hodges has only had 3 'good' games in Origin IMO.

Game 1 06
Game 2 06
Game 3 09

The rest are solid - extremely s**t.

I'll have to check those out. I've been watching the 07 series and it's just like his performances in game 1 and 2 this year except he was alot faster with his dummy runs.

Second game 2006 was easily his best.

I'd add game 3 of last year to Pete's list. He looked short of a gallop but his presence and dummy half running were very good.

Hodges is only in the origin team based on reputation. his past origin performances havent been anything great, and even his best dont stand our as anything spectacular. i think next year he will be lucky to hold his place over will chambers if he is able to get fit again

Queensland's backline depth is pretty poor too.

Hodges in Game 3 '11 reminded me of Westley from Princess Bride when he was resurrected from near death. He cut an imposing figure, knew how to position himself (unlike Nielsen) but that was about it. He was pretty ordinary otherwise and easily our worst players on the night.

Last edited:
I know Taylor has been pretty poor in the other two games this year, but the point is you could feel something building and I think he played vs Panthers as he would have played vs NSW had he stayed on...

Always feel more confident with Hodges in the side...defence and attack. He can spark agression as well which oozes out to other team players.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • Bish
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LGH
  • Lurker
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Manlyman
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.