Parker set to play on

Granville is about the only player at the moment that I think this site can claim to be right about. Taylor is in his first season, so we can't use him, Arrow is a nobody, Su'a too, Parcell isn't setting the world on fire, though I'm sure someone will tell me it's because of the team he can't lift, Nikorima, same thing.

To say past their use by date would indicate that Parker is past it, which he's not. So we can't run with that either.

Thaiday is long past it, and I said if we sign Parker for 2 more seasons it'll be past his used by date, which I've always said is the end of this season, as much of a freak as he is, you have to think he's going to become slightly less effective over the next 2 years.

Thaiday is long past it, and I said if we sign Parker for 2 more seasons it'll be past his used by date, which I've always said is the end of this season, as much of a freak as he is, you have to think he's going to become slightly less effective over the next 2 years.

I would have been happy to offer him a 1 year extention. He certainly isn't showing signs of slowing up. He's doing better than most at his age, so I think a 2 year deal is at least warranted. I can't see him playing on if he feels he's past it.

He hasn't declined at all, he's still one our best week in week out. We'll see how he goes next year before we can say if 2018 is really a year too long.

He has been good but I don't think he has been as good as he was in the last couple of years or so. Doesn't seem to be making as many meters and offloads as he was in 2013/2014.

Oh sorry, YOU said that it is past his used by date. Obviously Bennett, all the coaching staff and Parker himself haven't realised this! Jesus this is a concern, please contact the club immediately and let them know so we can put a stop to this extension.

Oh sorry, YOU said that it is past his used by date. Obviously Bennett, all the coaching staff and Parker himself haven't realised this! Jesus this is a concern, please contact the club immediately and let them know so we can put a stop to this extension.

If you want others to respect your opinion, respect his. He BELIEVES it will be past his used by date, none of us can conclusively say otherwise.

I don't know why you insist on insulting everyone else's opinions and then cry when people return the favour..

This is a discussion forum where everyone is entitled to their own opinion / view on things, I'm sorry that my opinion is different from yours, and I hope I haven't upset you too much.

If we have to get rid of someone, instead of Parker I'd rather it be Blair (not a Broncos legend) or Thaiday (just not particularly good).

I'd replace Thaiday to keep Blair. He can be the new impact forward off the bench.

Is there any reason Parker can't play off the bench in 2018 if he does slow down? He could still be a very good impact forward.

If you want others to respect your opinion, respect his. He BELIEVES it will be past his used by date, none of us can conclusively say otherwise.

He stated it as a fact, not an opinion and that was my issue.

As for my opinion being respected I'm sure it's not and that really doesn't bother me nor have I 'cried' when that has happened.

Is there any reason Parker can't play off the bench in 2018 if he does slow down? He could still be a very good impact forward.

Parker doesn't strike me as that kind of player, to be honest.

I don't think he would be happy with being on the bench.

I don't know why you insist on insulting everyone else's opinions and then cry when people return the favour..

This is a discussion forum where everyone is entitled to their own opinion / view on things, I'm sorry that my opinion is different from yours, and I hope I haven't upset you too much.

You didn't state it as an opinion, you stated it as fact, that was my issue. Ive never cried about people insulting my opinion so I'm not sure what you are going on about.

You didn't state it as an opinion, you stated it as fact, that was my issue. Ive never cried about people insulting my opinion so I'm not sure what you are going on about.

surely he doesn't have to state that it is his opinion when making a statement like that.

Use some common sense, it's pretty obviously not a fact that "Parker will be past his used by date next season", rather just my honest opinion.

He will quite literally be a once in a lifetime player if he plays for 2 more seasons at his current level, I think it's pretty reasonable for me to offer up a scenario in which he doesn't play at an Australian rep level standard until he's 36 years old.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.