Payne Haas Arrested

Mate, your wife, g/f, significant other or child is really sick and needs looking after, do you stay home to provide that care or do you go to work, because that is what you are contractually obligated to do?
I'm the owner of my workplace and I'd still burn that shit to the damn ground if my wife or kid's health depended on it.

I wouldn't even like to think about what I'd be prepared to do to protect them and their wellbeing.

Last edited:
Mate, your wife, g/f, significant other or child is really sick and needs looking after, do you stay home to provide that care or do you go to work, because that is what you are contractually obligated to do?
That's what carers leave is for.

If it happens once or twice, I'd absolutely back my family. If they were serial dickheads and constantly putting my career and/or happiness in jeopardy, you better believe they'd be going under the bus (not saying this is Payne's situation, BTW, this is purely hypothetical).

Thanks for that captain obvious, what if the employment contract does not provide for carer's leave.
Then that likely means you're a casual employee so your boss wouldn't have to pay you for the time you take off

Then that likely means you're a casual employee so your boss wouldn't have to pay you for the time you take off
FMD you are painful to deal with. Okay, assume for the purpose of the exercise that you have exhausted all carer's leave, sick leave, annual leave, long service leave, and that unpaid leave is not available. Happy now?

I am left wondering why you stuck your nose into a question that was not directed at you in the first place. (Just to be clear, this means I do not care what your response was to the original question).

I would ask why they aren’t designed to always be activated when on patrol?

FMD you are painful to deal with. Okay, assume for the purpose of the exercise that you have exhausted all carer's leave, sick leave, annual leave, long service leave, and that unpaid leave is not available. Happy now?

I am left wondering why you stuck your nose into a question that was not directed at you in the first place. (Just to be clear, this means I do not care what your response was to the original question).
If you don't care, why keep responding to me ...

P.s. I can't imagine a scenario where unpaid leave is unavailable if you have exhausted all other entitlements. Especially, if you have to care for a sick family member

My guess would be storage availability.

There are about 12,000 cops in QLD, if even half of them are on patrol in a 24 hour period, then that is a lot of storage space required to keep their body cam footage. Their footage probably also needs to be kept for a minimum 5 years.

There are about 12,000 cops in QLD, if even half of them are on patrol in a 24 hour period, then that is a lot of storage space required to keep their body cam footage. Their footage probably also needs to be kept for a minimum 5 years.
If no complaint is made or shenanigans suspected then I see no logical argument why it can’t be deleted in 2 weeks or so. 5 years??!? Can you lend any argument to this claim?

If no complaint is made or shenanigans suspected then I see no logical argument why it can’t be deleted in 2 weeks or so. 5 years??!? Can you lend any argument to this claim?

the 5 years is pure speculation on my part, so i could be completely wrong on that.

I base in the fact that in the security industry we are required to keep all our records for 7 years (log books, incident reports etc)

if they are able to delete them should nothing that warrants a complaint be made, then maybe it is a man power issue (i.e. having an independent person to review them before deleting) ... or maybe the Palachook government decided for whatever reason not to make constant recording a requirement

Last edited:

Anyone ever try and run a 4K camera the size of a pack of cards for 9hrs straight? What do people think might happen?

7 years, per Qld Documentary Archives policy. We use evidence.com to store all our footage.

Last edited:
Because law requires it.

Firstly they will go flat. Secondly About 99% of the footage is irrelevant. Thirdly privacy is being infringed in such a scenario. Fourthly it‘s unnecessary.

Family over job; and yet he still got paid.

Little hypocritical putting your hand out and not complying with your contract.

As I said, you don’t like the contract don’t sign.

If you do, then you are saying that you will comply with its obligations.

I don’t see how breaking your promise to comply amounts to something honourable.

I would thought it far more honourable to
comply when it doesn’t suit your personal circumstances.

Perhaps it might thought honourable for the club to simply not pay him for a few weeks, just because it doesn’t suit the clubs circumstances.

Perhaps it be honourable for your boss to not pay you because it doesn’t suit his personal circumstances.

Sorry, I just don’t get where you people are coming from, you might have to explain to me why it’s honourable to break promises you’ve made (and been paid to make) just because it doesn’t suit you at that point in time?
Put it this way honour has nothing to do with caving to the man or being a yes man. People that have been seen as being honourable throughout history are those who have stood for something above authority, Gahndi, Mandela and William Wallace ring any bells. Standing by their beliefs and customs despite pressure to do otherwise. Doing the honourable thing has cost people jobs, freedom and even their lives.

Payne is from a Islander upbringing, family for them is above anything else. Not just their household family I mean every single part of the extended family. You then tell a man who comes from that to dob on his mother, that's not even something a guy like Payne could even contimplate, the answer would have been made before they even finished asking the question. He took the punishment and never complained. I think it was the right thing for him to do because to do otherwise would have been so to go against his convictions.

The integrity unit should never have dragged him in there, it was an attempt to get evidence the civil authorities couldn't get.

So you walk out of the station and they are turned on but not recording. On route to an incident you manually activate them to record mode.

or if you don’t manually activate them to record mode they do when your pistol or taser are drawn.

At least that what mine does.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Old Mate
  • Morepudding
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.