Payne Haas Arrested

No way José.
7490300D 8F3B 454C B3D9 122E33A94AB6

Might not be practicing or just has the odd day off.
Maybe he’d just taken an interest in it? I don’t know probably just an ignorant comment on my behalf. I just see a bit of stuff on his Insta about it so I assumed.

Plenty of Muslims drink, especially in the west. Not every Christian is Jesus incarnate.

Religion is a guide on how to live. It’s not up to me to tell Payne or any Muslim for that matter, how they chose to practice their faith. Nor does having human flaws or weakness regarding temptation automatically exclude you from participating.

(That being said, religion is dumb)

Plenty of Muslims drink, especially in the west. Not every Christian is Jesus incarnate.

Religion is a guide on how to live. It’s not up to me to tell Payne or any Muslim for that matter, how they chose to practice their faith. Nor does having human flaws or weakness regarding temptation automatically exclude you from participating.

He's probably drinking to numb the payne.

That first line in the initial statement from his lawyer stood out, dinner and a few drinks. His edit*partner is pregnant, so clearly he was the one having a 'few drinks', which is often a euphemism in this country for being drunk.

Sounds like perhaps he needs some grief counseling, unless he's done something particularly dumb with the cops that we don't know about yet, I hope they take that into consideration when punishing him. He might have already had it or been offered it though.

Last edited:
What is irritating is the talk that payne has taken ownership of his actions, but the statement from his lawyer are all excuses for his behaviour. That is not taking ownership.

Although we all dont know the full story yet, what is known from this and previous examples is that he demonstrates a pattern of poor decision making. There is nothing wrong with having dinner and a few drinks, the error in judgements come in by drinking in public to the point where you are unable to control your emotions/grief, remaining in an area where a ruckus has broken out and getting lippy with cops (if you are in the vicinity of a fight, they tend to ask questions, particularly if you look distraught).

In addition to club actions, i think kevie needs to make it more personal. A big thing in successful teams is trust in your team mate (whether that be on the field or off). Payne has let his team mates down and broken that trust. Kevie should discuss this with him and highlight that it is up to him to rebuild that trust. The team must start taking ownership of themselves, setting their own standards as to what is considered acceptable and holding eachother accountable for their actions. If a player is not willing to meet his teammates' standards it indicates that they may not fit the culture we are trying to develop.

What is irritating is the talk that payne has taken ownership of his actions, but the statement from his lawyer are all excuses for his behaviour. That is not taking ownership.

Although we all dont know the full story yet, what is known from this and previous examples is that he demonstrates a pattern of poor decision making. There is nothing wrong with having dinner and a few drinks, the error in judgements come in by drinking in public to the point where you are unable to control your emotions/grief, remaining in an area where a ruckus has broken out and getting lippy with cops (if you are in the vicinity of a fight, they tend to ask questions, particularly if you look distraught).

In addition to club actions, i think kevie needs to make it more personal. A big thing in successful teams is trust in your team mate (whether that be on the field or off). Payne has let his team mates down and broken that trust. Kevie should discuss this with him and highlight that it is up to him to rebuild that trust. The team must start taking ownership of themselves, setting their own standards as to what is considered acceptable and holding eachother accountable for their actions. If a player is not willing to meet his teammates' standards it indicates that they may not fit the culture we are trying to develop.
You’re completely right about needing to hold each other accountable but imagine how hard that conversation would be with Payne. Literally the only of about 2 players who could hold their head up most weeks. He’s meant to feel bad about letting down Milford, TPJ, Oates, etc? After they let him down for 20 straight weeks

You’re completely right about needing to hold each other accountable but imagine how hard that conversation would be with Payne. Literally the only of about 2 players who could hold their head up most weeks. He’s meant to feel bad about letting down Milford, TPJ, Oates, etc? After they let him down for 20 straight weeks

Coming from a board member who has let the entire club and supporters down.

Yep, i wouldnt be isolating that conversation with payne. I imagine kevie will (rightfully) be having similar conversations with many of the squad.

While I'm not too concerned if Haas has given a bit of lip to some cops, at least if he/we can't get his behaviour right we'll be able to get him off our books no worries.

Without going off topic too much of course...

I totally believe everything in a book written centuries ago by "eye witness" accounts with no further evidence since that has a man flying on a horse or talking snakes (until it suits me or my lifestyle not too, or until inevitably and undeniably proved wrong (99% so far) at which point I will claim it's a metaphor and it shouldn't be taken literally despite centuries of abuse, torture, genocide and war hiding behind the fallacy of objective interpretations of subjective texts).....

Religion...

Carry on...

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Thelmus
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Aldo
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • eggstar10
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.