NEWS Payne Haas committed to Broncos despite Wayne Bennett departure

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Gaz, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Morepudding

Morepudding QCup Player

More often than not these days it's 2-3 players swapping from each team in the space of a few minutes. Players are so fit these days that fatigue, particularly in the first half is usually only an issue if the team has been making a lot of errors etc. All in saying is that whether someone like TPJ starts or comes off the bench their level of impact isn't going to vary too much. Often was the case for us this year that our starting forwards (Sleeping Sam Thaiday) would get us on the back foot, and our bench would need to come on and rescue us. I think starting with a very strong team is important. For that reason I think TPJ has to start. Haas and Fifita will provide more than enough off the bench.

8. Offa
    9. Macca
    10. Lodge
    11. Gillett
    12. Glenn
    13. TPJ
    Bench: Sua, Fifita, Haas, Mago/Carrigan

007 and Marty Deutschmann like this.
  2. Pub Steak

Pub Steak NYC Player

I guess Broncos are gonna be a media golden child this year and the Rabbits will be whingers, hated and all the lovely media driven things that go with Bennett coaches sides... will be refreshing to not be shit in by all constantly.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  3. Foordy

Foordy

i would go with:

7. anyone not named Nikorima.

11. Glenn
    12. Su'A
    13. Gillett

don't panic ... by season proper the status quo will have returned.

although, i do expect Bennett to cop it from the media, especially if Souths aren't performing as expected

4. Kyall

Kyall NRL Player

TPJ will most likely be our lock and why move Ofahengaue if he’s been great coming off the bench?

5. Foordy

Foordy

because it is better for the balance of the team, not to have to rely on a rookie with a whole 30 mins of first grade experience to start our games of on the right foot. and let's not forget that he was injured. in 2 of the 3 games where he got that 30 mins of experience he was injured.

who knows where TPJ plays ... he may start at either prop or lock or he may come off the bench.

players shouldn't be rushed, just because they are the next big thing ... especially if they happen to be forwards, who traditionally take longer to develop.

to of our greatest ever props in Webcke and Civoniceva hadn't even debut by Haas' age ... let alone started.

6. Footy Fanatic

Footy Fanatic BRL Player

I really think our starting pack lacks firepower without TPJ in it and will put it on the back foot from the start.

7. theshed

theshed NRL Player

If our current crop lacks fire power, how lacking was it with Moose and Thiaday.

8. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Yep, he's well aware.

9. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

I've been calling it the last few weeks.
    I know he's young.. But he's also no regular 18/19yo.

I think he should start

Kyall likes this.
  10. abashii

abashii NRL Player

It's in the article, "“When we signed this long-term deal we imagined Wayne Bennett was going to stay involved with the Broncos." They thought Wayne would transition into a director type role.

Kimlo, Gaz and Marty Deutschmann like this.