PLAYER Payne Haas Discussion

....more chance of us signing someone like Cam Munster..
Except not Cam Munster right? cuz he's a total flog.... I support him playing for QLD - but he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Heck he got in a fight with his QLD team mate in aussie team camp (Hunt).

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed that Haas starts most of his hit-ups flat-footed?

Is it because he has unbelievable acceleration for a big man that the coach is happy with this?

Why doesn't Haas hardly ever receive the ball when at full pace?

He's not over-rated - but just horribly used.

Is it because he has unbelievable acceleration for a big man that the coach is happy with this?

Lots of of our forwards are caught doing this. I wonder how much of this is poor coaching.

You see highly drilled teams are running onto the ball hard - those with a good offload often have a bit of support following them too sniffing around for a bit of an opportunity - something we rarely do.

He's not alone....they all stand flat footed....all the time. None of the other teams seem to have this "unique" plan of attack.

Definitely NOT OVER RATED.

What is an issue though is Haas realised some time back that he is massively underpaid. I predicted this last year I believe. Pretty sure it was last season anyway. I believe he looked around at what the games premier props were receiving, at what guys in his own team were being paid and human nature kicked in. I think mentally he just said to himself, **** it. 'Why should I bust a gut for half what the other guys are getting?'

This season he just plodded along and produced performances that a lot of lesser forwards would have gladly called their own. However, I believe he could have played considerably better. I'm of the opinion he may feel undervalued and unappreciated. I agree with him too.

You build a team around two great props and two wannabe great props. Well, we have a superhuman prop playing for plodder wages. If any forward in the game is worth a million a season it's Haas. When he starts getting the top whack he'll come good all of a sudden is my prediction.

Last edited:

What is an issue though is Haas realised some time back that he is massively underpaid. I predicted this last year I believe. Pretty sure it was last season anyway. I believe he looked around at what the games premier props were receiving, at what guys in his own team were being paid and human nature kicked in. I think mentally he just said to himself, **** it. 'Why should I bust a gut for half what the other guys are getting?'

This season he just plodded along and produced performances that a lot of lesser forwards would have gladly called their own. However, I believe he could have played considerably better. I'm of the opinion he may feel undervalued and unappreciated. I agree with him too.

You build a team around two great props and two wannabe great props. Well, we have a superhuman prop playing for plodder wages. If any forward in the game is worth a million a season it's Haas. When he starts getting the top whack he'll come good all of a sudden is my prediction.
full of predictions aren't you.....thanks Nostradamus

You think he is worth a million a season?

And people seriously questioned me making this thread...

no way haas is worth a million at this stage or maybe not ever for that matter.

then again I think fafita is only worth half of what he got and some hail that decision by the titans as a genius move so what do I know

No edge backrower is worth what he is getting. Broncos smart not to offer more than 800k.

Sorry, I just can't let this one go. Talk about cloud shouting.

You say (1) : "What is an issue though is Haas realised some time back that he is massively underpaid. "I predicted this last year I believe."

Then (2) : " I believe he looked around at what the games premier props were receiving, at what guys in his own team were being paid and human nature kicked in.

And then (3) : "I think mentally (sic) he just said to himself ... "

But the clincher is this (4) : "I'm of the opinion he may feel undervalued and unappreciated. I agree with him too."

So, the conclusion to this silly syllogistics is that you agree with yourself. Priceless. Cloudy night tonight. Your shout.

no way haas is worth a million at this stage or maybe not ever for that matter.

then again I think fafita is only worth half of what he got and some hail that decision by the titans as a genius move so what do I know
This is the problem. Not many kids want to earn their strips. Everybody wants to be paid in full and up front. Desperate clubs doing desperate things. It's a vicious. Proud of the club for not throwing the cheque book at Fifita. It's a start in the right direction. Also proud of the club for not rushing in a new CEO, coach, and mass player, staff sackings. Knee jerk, pretty lights decisions have crippled us. Not expecting big things 2021. Just put the history back up on the walls. Tear down the buzzwords, and draw a big fat dick on Seibolds coach of 2019-20 picture. Bring back the brick wall defense. Defence is about attitude. Get this right and I will be happy. It wasn't so much the losing but how we were losing. Seibolds press conferences were infuriating too. The guy talks too much crap.

The flat-footed forwards are killing us, and making it so hard for Dearden to do anything except boot it downfield

Honestly the only ones that are moving forward when they get the ball are Hopoate and Kennedy. Two of the least paid forwards on the roster.

(And Pangai, man it’s easy to forget he’s our player still, but he’s also a bit of an enigma himself)

Haas, Carrigan, Joe O, Fifita all do it. I don’t know if it’s a scared of getting belted issue, or a doesn’t matter they still make metres thing, but we really need to have consistent pushing up of players.

Turps being injured hasn’t helped so we’ve had a rookie half-turned-hooker and a guy no one really wanted. And despite either not being terrible, they also haven’t led the pack around in any way outside of shoveling the ball on.

You say (1) : "What is an issue though is Haas realised some time back that he is massively underpaid. "I predicted this last year I believe."

Then (2) : " I believe he looked around at what the games premier props were receiving, at what guys in his own team were being paid and human nature kicked in.

But the clincher is this (4) : "I'm of the opinion he may feel undervalued and unappreciated. I agree with him too."

So, the conclusion to this silly syllogistics is that you agree with yourself. Priceless. Cloudy night tonight. Your shout.
I can see you're hurting. If targeting me helps, have at it.

If he becomes the finest prop in the game, yes. You see a big difference between 800k and 1,000,000. I don't. I didn't say it's his current value but if he puts in I could easily see him ramping up each season to a million.
You think he is worth a million a season?

And people seriously questioned me making this thread...

Agree with myself? Of course, doesn't everyone?

It's not so much about Hass being underpaid but far, far too many players being overpaid. I think the cap will be increasingly bought back to reality. The amount of clubs wasting money on under performing players is obscene. Draft system? Maximum individual cap?

Active Now

• Redux
  • Porthoz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.