NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

On a side note, booing Haas seemed to give life to Suncorp that was never there before lol.
i was thinking the same. i wasnt there last night but on tv it sounded like suncorp was the loudest its been in a very very long time even before our comeback.

Its something we diehard fans complain about often how mundane and boring our casual fans that go to these games can be. i thought it was great and hope we the fans can start being that loud again and make suncorp a daunting place to play.

Payne Haas:

"I’d like to stay. It’s been really hard, it’s been a tough few days to be honest. I turned up here on Friday night to play against the Titans, so that shows I am here playing for my teammates and the club. That’s all that matters.”​
“I don’t want to talk about the release stuff. I’ll let my manager handle that side of things and hopefully they can work things out. I’m not usually one to get rattled but when the boos came out I had to compose myself and stay in the game and do my job for the team."​

Ikin:

“We will get back around the table with his management with a view to constructive conversations about what the next phase looks like for Payne at the Broncos. I won’t speculate on why he wants a release. He clearly has his own reasons, some of which have been made known to us, others might be only known to him and his agents. Whatever got him to that point I’m sure will be fleshed out in more detail, and the more we understand each other’s positions, the more constructive the negotiation will be.”​
“Nothing surprises me in this game anymore. It never ceases to amaze me. I always expect the unexpected in the NRL. When you are winning, there’s a set of problems. When you are losing, there’s a set of problems and all you can do is approach each problem with an opportunity to find a solution. Some are good problems to have, some are not so good."​
“When the negotiation reached this point, we thought, ‘OK, how do we get this back on track and find a solution to this new problem’.”​
“I’m not concerned about team morale. That’s how negotiations work for every player and everybody takes a different approach to negotiations. I might do it differently to Dave Donaghy and Payne’s agents might do it differently to some other agents. That’s the cut and thrust of the negotiation process.”​

Walters:

“He has been a wonderful player for us. He is the best prop in the game so we don’t want to lose the best prop in the game. We will sit down with his management team and work something out.”​

i might do it differently to Dave Donaghy and Payne’s agents might do it differently to some other agents. That’s the cut and thrust of the negotiation process.”
im unsure what ikin is getting at here? Kinda sounds like he thinks he has done something to offend payne and his management?

im unsure what ikin is getting at here? Kinda sounds like he thinks he has done something to offend payne and his management?
Payne has walked away from the table either as a gambit or a tantrum. Ikin is being the adult and trying to get him back to the table. This is where they get to offer him an all expenses paid holiday for two in Tangalooma courtesy of Broncos Airways.

With the company he keeps, they will be reinforcing a victim mentality in him throughout this entire ordeal.
Him getting boo'd will be ammunition for the likes of SBW and Mundine to show him the broncos fans hate him and he can get more money and respect elsewhere, regardless of this all being a repercussion of Haas behavior and attitude.

I am almost certain he will end up at the Roosters or the Dogs.
Mundine: I got booed because I was the best, that’s the only reason they booed me.

haas: slowly nods head in agreement.

He's classily saying Haas's manager is a moron.
Speaking of which, this is what News reckons:

Payne is currently on $748,000 this season, the second highest-paid player behind Reynolds, on around $800,000. Haas’ manager also handles Addin Fonua-Blake, who is on around $850,000 at the Warriors. He reckons Payne is the best prop in the game so must be worth more. <---- Note this bit.​
Had Payne stuck with Orr, he had board approval for a six-year contract extension worth $5.75 million. The final three seasons (2025, 2026 and 2027) were worth $1.05 million a year. But Mr Greedy sacked him.​
There is no way in the fucking world he should be on more money than Reynolds. I don't care if he's the best in his position. He's not worth more than Reynolds to us.

Payne is currently on $748,000 this season, the second highest-paid player behind Reynolds, on around $800,000. Haas’ manager also handles Addin Fonua-Blake, who is on around $850,000 at the Warriors. He reckons Payne is the best prop in the game so must be worth more. <---- Note this bit.​
Had Payne stuck with Orr, he had board approval for a six-year contract extension worth $5.75 million. The final three seasons (2025, 2026 and 2027) were worth $1.05 million a year. But Mr Greedy sacked him.​
There is no way in the fucking world he should be on more money than Reynolds. I don't care if he's the best in his position. He's not worth more than Reynolds to us.
I do believe Chris Orr was dodgy, so I can't blame Haas for sacking him.

a Badel report...

Payne Haas says:

“I’d like to stay,” Haas said, speaking for the first time since his management rocked the Broncos with their email on Wednesday asking for an immediate release.

“It’s been really hard, it’s been a tough few days to be honest.

“I turned up here (on Friday night) to play against the Titans, so that shows I am here playing for my teammates and the club.

“That’s all that matters.”

Asked if he will be at the Broncos for the remainder of the season, Haas said:

“I don’t know what happens now.

“I don’t want to talk about the release stuff. I’ll let my manager handle that side of things and hopefully they can work things out.”

“I’m not usually one to get rattled but when the boos came out I had to compose myself and stay in the game and do my job for the team,” Haas told Channel 9.

Ben Ikin Says:

“We will get back around the table with his management with a view to constructive conversations about what the next phase looks like for Payne at the Broncos,” Ikin said.

“I won’t speculate on why he wants a release. He clearly has his own reasons, some of which have been made known to us, others might be only known to him and his agents.

“Whatever got him to that point I’m sure will be fleshed out in more detail, and the more we understand each other’s positions, the more constructive the negotiation will be.”

Asked if he was shocked by Haas wanting out, Ikin said:

“Nothing surprises me in this game anymore. It never ceases to amaze me.

“I always expect the unexpected in the NRL. When you are winning, there’s a set of problems. When you are losing, there’s a set of problems and all you can do is approach each problem with an opportunity to find a solution.

“Some are good problems to have, some are not so good.

“When the negotiation reached this point, we thought, ‘OK, how do we get this back on track and find a solution to this new problem’.”

Badel claims in the article:
  • Haas’ new manager Tyran Smith believes the NRL’s No.1 prop is underpaid and wants to take the Origin superstar to the open market immediately after we baulked at a salary increase
  • Haas’ management’s rationale is that the 22-year-old is the best prop in the game and thus should be the highest-paid front-rower in the code. Haas’ new agency also manages Addin Fonua-Blake, who is on around $850,000 at the Warriors.

Fonua Blake also plays for Warriors.

And he wont be getting any of that sweet Origin rep money.

So he’d like to stay but he’s letting his manager tell him what to do? Does he wipe your ass aswell Haas?

So he’d like to stay but he’s letting his manager tell him what to do? Does he wipe your ass aswell Haas?

Hehe yeah the kid is a clearly dumb. I want to stay but if my manager tells me to go, I'll go.

I do believe Chris Orr was dodgy, so I can't blame Haas for sacking him.

Payne Haas:

"I’d like to stay. It’s been really hard, it’s been a tough few days to be honest. I turned up here on Friday night to play against the Titans, so that shows I am here playing for my teammates and the club. That’s all that matters.”​
“I don’t want to talk about the release stuff. I’ll let my manager handle that side of things and hopefully they can work things out. I’m not usually one to get rattled but when the boos came out I had to compose myself and stay in the game and do my job for the team."​

Ikin:

“We will get back around the table with his management with a view to constructive conversations about what the next phase looks like for Payne at the Broncos. I won’t speculate on why he wants a release. He clearly has his own reasons, some of which have been made known to us, others might be only known to him and his agents. Whatever got him to that point I’m sure will be fleshed out in more detail, and the more we understand each other’s positions, the more constructive the negotiation will be.”​
“Nothing surprises me in this game anymore. It never ceases to amaze me. I always expect the unexpected in the NRL. When you are winning, there’s a set of problems. When you are losing, there’s a set of problems and all you can do is approach each problem with an opportunity to find a solution. Some are good problems to have, some are not so good."​
“When the negotiation reached this point, we thought, ‘OK, how do we get this back on track and find a solution to this new problem’.”​
“I’m not concerned about team morale. That’s how negotiations work for every player and everybody takes a different approach to negotiations. I might do it differently to Dave Donaghy and Payne’s agents might do it differently to some other agents. That’s the cut and thrust of the negotiation process.”​

Walters:

“He has been a wonderful player for us. He is the best prop in the game so we don’t want to lose the best prop in the game. We will sit down with his management team and work something out.”​
Oh noes it’s been a tough few days for the little baby. Tell your story walking you absolute flog, this is all your fault. The fact that he says he showed up to play so that shows his commitment, no it shows you are making sure you aren’t in breach of contract and not risking you money or your SOO spot. **** off now.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncosgirl
  • BooKhaki
  • The Strapper
  • Browny
  • Dazza 92
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • jd87
  • Dash
  • Morepudding
  • eggstar10
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Big Del
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.