NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

I am concerned if we agree to the upgrade, will they came back at us at a later stage & do the same thing. Got a feeling it would happen again.
Not to mention that it will set a precedent for other players wanting more money from us.

It's difficult now for the R&R team... what if they upgrade him/ extend him and the booing continues??

They will have a huge amount of money invested in a guy that the fans are fully against... it won't matter how much they tell us "he's a bronco"... he'll be on the nose for holding the club to ransom and is only wearing the colours because he got a pay rise.

He’s gone lads. He won’t play another game for the broncos. The situation is untenabl, we just have to get something for it.

shame, I really wanted to keep him and work it out, but I see no humility coming from him at all. Bye Payne, thanks for the memories and not making us suck in 2020….oh, nope, you didn’t stop that, we still sucked bad even with you.

It's difficult now for the R&R team... what if they upgrade him/ extend him and the booing continues??

They will have a huge amount of money invested in a guy that the fans are fully against... it won't matter how much they tell us "he's a bronco"... he'll be on the nose for holding the club to ransom and is only wearing the colours because he got a pay rise.
If he doesn’t like booing I suggest he makes sure that that was his last game at Suncorp.

I don't even really care anymore to be honest.

We're on the up, whether Haas stays or goes.

If he wants to miss out on all the good things coming to the Broncs, it's his loss.

The sleeping giant is about to awaken.

I'd suggest this has backfired majorly. I wouldn't be surprised if the R&R team were already umming and ahhing about keeping him, especially on such a big wage with other guys really starting to come on and capable of collectively filling the hole. With this stunt he's pulled, I would not be surprised if they've said to him sorry mate, after that we will no longer be offering an extension. You will remain contracted though until such time as your team makes us an offer we can't refuse.

In this way, we start planning to announce a raft of re-signings with guys who have not disrespected the club like that and put the onus on Haas' idiotic team now to do all the work. It makes them out to be 100% the culprits they are, opens the door for him to get what he wants and allows us to sit back and wait while making sure we keep the key players we want and want to be at the club in Herbie, Patty, Flegs, Cobbs, etc.

We don’t need him with the way Jensen has been playing. Give him more minutes and get Willison some game time and we will be sweet. Use the money to keep the other blokes and maybe a better 1, 6 or 9. I’d vote a better 1 and have TMM go to 6

Posted on the Kennel.

Take no notice that the poster is a Jewish man.

I have heard that the reason he wants out of the Donkeys is the third parties, reportedly worth $250k, cancelled the TPA’s due to his bad rep. Pretty reliable source too.

He wanted the Donkeys to stand up for him and get the TPA’s reinstated. He is really pissed that they didn’t. That’s from a different source.

Posted on the Kennel.

I have heard that the reason he wants out of the Donkeys is the third parties, reportedly worth $250k, cancelled the TPA’s due to his bad rep. Pretty reliable source too.

He wanted the Donkeys to stand up for him and get the TPA’s reinstated. He is really pissed that they didn’t. That’s from a different source.
But if the broncos helped with his TPAs then it'd be an infringement of the salary cap surely... so I'm calling it bullshit so that haas doesn't sound as bad, poor effort by his management trying to save face

But if the broncos helped with his TPAs then it'd be an infringement of the salary cap surely... so I'm calling it bullshit so that haas doesn't sound as bad, poor effort by his management trying to save face

Seems like he wants the Broncos to pay for his TPA's. The updated money they want is $750,000, which is what his 'cancelled' TPA's are worth.

This article has the video of Payne's post game interview with Locky if you haven't seen it

I still think its weird he addressees the whole situation to the rest of the team by a message instead of face to face.

Posted on the Kennel.

Not that I necessarily believe this but if it is true I’m sure all the bad press he’s copping at the moment has sponsors knocking down the door to throw TPAs at him.

Good luck getting TPAs in Brisbane while all of Suncorp is booing you and QLD legends amongst others are ripping into you for your behaviour.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.