NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

Parker has gone to town on Haas and he made so many good points. He was signed for 600k a year for 4 years as an 18yr old who hadn’t played NRL. He was then upgraded for free by the club and now he wants almost an extra 30%+ on top of what he is earning.

What the actual **** is this guy thinking. The club upgraded him when they didn’t have to and have offered him more money then any other prop in the game but he still isn’t happy. Corey said we should cut him away now and I kind of agree with them. You could tell Parker was furious

The only thing I would add to all of this, is that we certainly have the right man for this situation in Dave Donaghy.
Whatever the outcome from this point forward, I can guarantee the only winner here will be the Club, not the player.

Can you provide an update on how the rest of the players feel Joe? I mean if what people are saying is true and Haas is now name dropping guys like Cobbo and that he should have been punished more surely the boys are filthy and don’t want him anywhere near the team anymore….

Parker has gone to town on Haas and he made so many good points. He was signed for 600k a year for 4 years as an 18yr old who hadn’t played NRL. He was then upgraded for free by the club and now he wants almost an extra 30%+ on top of what he is earning.

What the actual **** is this guy thinking. The club upgraded him when they didn’t have to and have offered him more money then any other prop in the game but he still isn’t happy. Corey said we should cut him away now and I kind of agree with them. You could tell Parker was furious
Parker a bloke who I believe took unders to stay with the club during his career so I'd imagine how furious he'd be.
It's good to have a club legend come out swinging for us in the media I'm sure he's not going to be the last one either.

Thats the thing. Is his output worth pretty much 2 Carrigans? No it isnt. No doubt he is a top player, but he isnt enough of a difference maker to warrant being the highest paid player in the NRL.
We can easily get by with Carrigan and Flegler for pretty much the same money that Haas wants. Helps us to re-sign Jensen as well and gives Willison a pathway to first grade.

Only thing I want to come out of a release is not paying a cent of his contract for the next two years. If he wants to head to Bondi and play in front of 500 people they can wear all of his $850k on the cap

Trying to out Cobbo now too hey. Ffs.
Imagine the boys lacing up tomorrow night and having Haas in the dressing room, knowing he is trying to throw the club under the bus.
I hope the boys rally around Cobbo, there’s a chance he reads those remarks and goes into his shell.
I hope KEV pulls Haas out at the 12th hour tomorrow night. Give the chance to someone who genuinely wants to be there and deserves it.

Also, still no release.

Take the loss to avoid even bigger losses further down the road. We take this route, we'll piss off a lot of the playing group.

Then all the work we've been doing to turn this club around will be undone.
He wants out because he doesn’t have the friends at the club anymore. All of the people that would be pissed have gone elsewhere, the rest want to be here and want to win at the Broncos. It’s not a risk because Haas’ followers are gone.

Got to say anyone that thinks the Broncos handled the Sam/Ben situation well and didn't think it had an impact isn't someone that should have their opinion listened to too much honestly.

Cheers.
Oh don’t get me wrong, no one is doubting the Broncos fucking that one up. We fucked literally everything up for about 3-5 years on the player management and recruitment front.

It’s just incredible how it always finds a way to land in the Roosters lap and it’s even more incredible that supposedly cluey people are prepared to swallow wholeheartedly whatever story it is that the Roosters and their mates in the media run with to justify it working out that way.

You could almost forgive them for putting their head in the sand about it if it wasn’t for the fact that basically every time a ridiculously assembled side is put together that aroused suspicion in the NRL era it’s come out eventually that that same side was in fact cheating the cap. Not the Roosters though, definitely not. They’re just so much smarter than everyone else. 😂

FYI, here's what Parker had to say

“It’s horrific,” Parker said. “Let’s just rewind to when Payne Haas first got to the club. He was an 18-year-old signed on a four-year deal after three games and a shoulder reco. Never in the club’s history before have they done that.

“In that time, off their own bat through their goodwill, upgraded his deal. Normally when a club upgrades a deal they want an extension. Didn’t do that, upgrade.

“Since that time, they’ve helped him through misdemeanours. And now he’s at a stage where he’s getting very well paid. He’s gone to the club and asked for an upgrade and an extension.

“This player, whilst he’s a terrific player, at no stage in the Broncos history has a player been bigger than the club.

“I would let Payne Haas go right now. There’s an argument that Payne gets what he wants but from the club’s perspective, if you’ve got a player inside your four walls that does not want to be there, he’s thrown all the toys out of the cot and said he wants and immediate release, after five straight wins.

“If you’re sitting there doing your boots up and you look across — and yes he’s a good player and yes he’s going to do well — and this player doesn’t want to be there, it’s not over. He’s getting very very well paid. To me, it shows a real reflection on Payne and from a club’s persepective, they hold their integrity high as to how they have looked him during that period of time but at the moment, let him go. If you don’t want to play for the Broncos, don’t play.”

The other sketchy part is how did this go public so quick? The broncos wouldn’t have said anything and apparently the playing group didn’t know. So it’s obviously Payne’s camp that involved the media.
His manager is a walking quote at the moment... of course he's currently known as "sources close to Haas"

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Porthoz
  • pennywisealfie
  • Splinter
  • Maroon4life
  • Santa
  • blacknwhite
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.