NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

He's the Australian 9, there would be multiple clubs that'd offer him 900k without hesitation.

650k.

Joe Ofa is on 500k, a good forward like Radley would never be on 500k, that's what Jack Bird gets when he's turned to shit.
All lies. Made up for teh clicks.

Performance clauses are not uncommon in the NRL, they happen more than people think.

But to say the issue is around performance? I don't buy it. He wants the money.
It is very unusual in the NRL, it’s a team sport, you don’t usually see players contractually separating themselves from poor results of the team to then use as an excuse to leave.

Paul Crawley calls the Haas contract standoff "ugly" and says he has a "mind-blowingly selfish attitude."

All round top bloke Peter Vlandy's says the Broncos are the good guys, and wants other clubs to take their lead:

“A contract is a contract. If either party hasn’t breached any condition of a contract it is valid. It is a legal binding document. Naturally you can have behind-the-scenes talks, but you don’t play it out in the media. The professional thing to do is if either party is unhappy discuss it. But at the end of the day you’ve signed a contract and they should honour the agreement. That is what fans look for. I have always looked to represent the fans, and the fans would want the contract honoured.”​

Paul Crawley calls the Haas contract standoff "ugly" and says he has a "mind-blowingly selfish attitude."

All round top bloke Peter Vlandy's says the Broncos are the good good guys, and wants other clubs to take their lead:

“A contract is a contract. If either party hasn’t breached any condition of a contract it is valid. It is a legal binding document. Naturally you can have behind-the-scenes talks, but you don’t play it out in the media. The professional thing to do is if either party is unhappy discuss it. But at the end of the day you’ve signed a contract and they should honour the agreement. That is what fans look for. I have always looked to represent the fans, and the fans would want the contract honoured.”​
This is the stupid part about players arguments that “it’s a business”, you don’t operate like this in business and if you do you won’t be around long.

I'm still laughing at this so much. The way he sounds like he's asking a question when he says "we cut no corners?" Another Will Ferrell character-like trait. Stay classy, San Diego?

Whatever happens, no release. Haas is far from the first to pull this stunt but I hope he's the last. Matterson did the same thing at the Tigers, Aloai even posted on Insta saying he won't go back to the club, plenty of examples until they got a release.

Players and more significantly player managers, need to be made to honour contracts. Under no circumstance should he be with another team before 2025.

Other sports have things in place for shit like this so if a player wants out. Football has transfers and american sports has trades. Why the NRL has never implemented either is beyond me.

He is either a Wests Tiger or he is mowing the lawns at Leichhardt or Campbelltown or painting the change rooms at Concord — as long as he fulfils his contract,” Hagipantelis said.
Screenshot 20220529 132904 Firefox

He got a release a few days later but he was posting shit like this while still under contract.

Jason Saab same thing, asked to be released from the last 2 years citing the drive to training was too far lol https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ze...sing-dragons-star-requests-release-55753/amp/

Matterson same shit, from memory he refused to even go to training until he got a release https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/31...rson-released-and-matulino-medically-retired/

Every time the players won and moved on for a better deal.

It has to stop and only the NRL can make that happen because clubs don't care about what's right and will always agitate for a release if there's any chance it's possible.

All round top bloke Peter Vlandy's says the Broncos are the good good guys, and wants other clubs to take their lead:

What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

He is either a Wests Tiger or he is mowing the lawns at Leichhardt or Campbelltown or painting the change rooms at Concord — as long as he fulfils his contract,” Hagipantelis said.
View attachment 18649

He got a release a few days later but he was posting shit like this while still under contract.

Jason Saab same thing, asked to be released from the last 2 years citing the drive to training was too far lol https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ze...sing-dragons-star-requests-release-55753/amp/

Matterson same shit, from memory he refused to even go to training until he got a release https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/31...rson-released-and-matulino-medically-retired/

Every time the players won and moved on for a better deal.

It has to stop and only the NRL can make that happen because clubs don't care about what's right and will always agitate for a release if there's any chance it's possible.
Well they talked about putting the Matterson rule in place, which would prevent a player earning more money than they had already signed for.

That would stop players moving solely for money.

Well they talked about putting the Matterson rule in place, which would prevent a player earning more money than they had already signed for.

That would stop players moving solely for money.
Did they ever implement it?

I don't think Haas is the one who is unhappy with his current deal, at least, he's not the one agitating for it.

Someone else pointed out that the new management get zero commission from his current deal, and if he plays out his contract, will continue to get zero until the next contract. is signed His managers are the ones that want a new deal signed, through them, so they can start making some cash themselves. Hence why they are trying to convince him that the current contract is not good for him because he's being paid too little, doesn't have enough clauses / guarantees, insert various excuses here. I'm sure they would be happy for the contract to be torn up and be written up exactly the same as it is now, but with their name on it, just so they get their cut, but that would give up their game and would show that they are only in on it for themselves, none of this loyalty, "do what's best for the player" bullshit.

Edit: Also, I wouldn't have thought it would be Haas himself emailing the club for the release, it would definitely be his management. Not giving him an easy out here but it's entirely possible he didn't even know the exact timing of what their plans are, hence why he didn't tell his teammates that arvo etc.
if this is the case, how about upgrading his deal by 1 dollarydoo a year, they can get their money that way?

Bull moved last year for more money at Manly so it wouldn't seem so
I don't think the club would stand in the way if they wouldn't mind to get them off their books and the players put forward a more compelling case than they want to leave for more money. I would say Ethan ticked both boxes. For some reason Kevvie wasn't picking him, he'd just finished his degree and a move to Sydney made sense for him for his professional career apart from football. He also played out the season. There didn't seem to be any argument there.

If the club needs the money and the player can get more elsewhere that makes everyone happy. Payne's situation is very different. He's making a mockery of the contract process. The club is saying they need him, and they've already mutually agreed on his pay. Payne is saying he won't abide by his contract. Payne is the one and only motherfucker in this story.

I don't think the club would stand in the way if they wouldn't mind to get them off their books and the players put forward a more compelling case than they want to leave for more money. I would say Ethan ticked both boxes. For some reason Kevvie wasn't picking him, he'd just finished his degree and a move to Sydney made sense for him for his professional career apart from football. He also played out the season. There didn't seem to be any argument there.

If the club needs the money and the player can get more elsewhere that makes everyone happy. Payne's situation is very different. He's making a mockery of the contract process. The club is saying they need him, and they've already mutually agreed on his pay. Payne is saying he won't abide by his contract. Payne is the one and only motherfucker in this story.
I don't really care why he moved I was simply using Bull's move as an example of whether the Matterson rule had been implemented or not, which was what I was responding to.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Foordy
  • Manlyman
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
  • cento
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
  • Hurrijo
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.