NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

All I can say is surely he's lost the respect of everyone in the game with this behaviour? Let alone his team mates, surely they'd be cursing him right now.

No one player is bigger than the team, if true he is an absolute pathetic peice of work. Money hunting scum.

I just can't for the life of me think why Haas would do this now, I mean why not do this at the end of the season. Selfish, selfish player.
I think its more the advice hes getting in the echo chamber the blokes clearly built around him.

Same with Fifita.

This club will no longer be blackmailed. A few years ago we were all about Haas; not any longer.

Let Haas stand in front of his team mates and explain why he wants more money to derail "their" season...

Think he'll get some home truths forced down his throat...

Here are the numbers New Corp are quoting. They're probably right.

CURRENT
2022: $750,000.
2023: $850,000
2024: $950,000
Club sponsored car: $25,000 per year

EXTENSION OFFER
2025: $1,050,000
2026: $1,050,000
2027: $1,050,000

What Payne wants now: $1,000,000
What Payne wants by 2024: $1,200,000
If that's true then release him, I rate Haas highly, don't want him to leave but even he's not worth that too us, much the same as Fifita. At some point you got to be prepared to cut them loose, even the top tier ones.

Take the loss to avoid even bigger losses further down the road. We take this route, we'll piss off a lot of the playing group.

Then all the work we've been doing to turn this club around will be undone.
No you are wrong on this. You have to draw the line in the sand somewhere and send a message to the rest of the playing group. If we keep allowing players to simply walk out the door because we don't want to hurt the tender sensibilities of the rest of the little darlings we are allowing the lunatics to run the asylum.

We hold to the contract and he either stays and plays or if he kicks stones he plays Q-Cup. If he does not want to do that, he can sit at home.

He does not hold a lot of cards here. He can be restrained from taking up another contract during the term of his contract with us. Unless he does a SBW and goes overseas to play union, which may be problematic with a young family and his support network in Brisbane.

Kev simply asks him if he supports what his manager is saying and he does want an immediate release.

If he answers yes then he's got to be dropped from Friday night's game. No way does he get to wear our jersey with an attitude like that.

Let him sit and sweat while we formulate our next move that will best suit the club.
I think it comes down to the conversation between them. If the relationship outside the money remains cordial - and Payne tends to be extremely professional about this stuff - it's just another week for Kevvie. If Payne is still on the payroll, and he's in the best 13, Kevvie should pick him.

Think of it this way. It takes a huge amount of pressure off our cap. We could get Crighton and have change left over, i think he will be the car that falls at Roosters if Haas goes there. Theres other good buys prop wise coming onto the market for next year and 24.

We have Flegler, Jensen, Robati, Pikura, Kennedy etc that can rotate through. We wont be at a loss if he walks.

No you are wrong on this. You have to draw the line in the sand somewhere and send a message to the rest of the playing group. If we keep allowing players to simply walk out the door because we don't want to hurt the tender sensibilities of the rest of the little darlings we are allowing the lunatics to run the asylum.

We hold to the contract and he either stays and plays or if he kicks stones he plays Q-Cup. If he does not want to do that, he can sit at home.

He does not hold a lot of cards here. He can be restrained from taking up another contract during the term of his contract with us. Unless he does a SBW and goes overseas to play union, which may be problematic with a young family and his support network in Brisbane.
100% , Melbourne seems to have no issue holding on their players when they want out. That's because players know there's no fucking point arguing because they're there until Melbourne says otherwise (or their contract runs out).

What a shit ****. SBW and co would of been in his ear "yeah bro, just go in there and tell them you want a gazillion dollars or your walking, then we'll get you at the roosters 😉"

Bloody mid season while we are on a roll....

In light of all the contracted players we've recently offloaded, I don't think the Broncos can pull a higher moral ground move on this. The most important thing is to keep everyone happy, not scared.

I think it comes down to the conversation between them. If the relationship outside the money remains cordial - and Payne tends to be extremely professional about this stuff - it's just another week for Kevvie. If Payne is still on the payroll, and he's in the best 13, Kevvie should pick him.

No. When a player asks out - hes no longer wanting to be part of the club. He doesnt play. Its toxic. Haas requesting a release and making the PR public is far from professional. They are trying to force a position.

Think of it this way. It takes a huge amount of pressure off our cap. We could get Crighton and have change left over, i think he will be the car that falls at Roosters if Haas goes there. Theres other good buys prop wise coming onto the market for next year and 24.

We have Flegler, Jensen, Robati, Pikura, Kennedy etc that can rotate through. We wont be at a loss if he walks.
they cant even get angus contract registered there cap is so tight

All I can say is surely he's lost the respect of everyone in the game with this behaviour? Let alone his team mates, surely they'd be cursing him right now.

No one player is bigger than the team, if true he is an absolute pathetic peice of work. Money hunting scum.

Have to do what is best for his family, can't survive on 800k a year, not with all the ***** out there stepping on his shoes.

Say what you want about Fifita, he left at the end of his contract not mid season asking for an immediate release with many years left.
That's a good point. But I still don't feel comfortable with the amount of venom this poster unleashes on all and sundry. It doesn't reflect well on our fanbase.

Say what you want about Fifita, he left at the end of his contract not mid season asking for an immediate release with many years left.

That's the key thing here. If he were only here until the end of 2023 than whatever good luck, but 2024? Nope, you aren't just throwing a spanner that big in our works just because you feel like it.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.