NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

Sure - raising money for a cause like cancer is noble, but, surely the big win here would be getting rid of those mullets?

Not being entirely serious. Not entirely kidding either.

Nothing to see here (at all) other than speculation that the Titans might be considering a play for Payne, particularly if Fifita ***** off to the Dolphins. Which is also only speculation.​
Donuts:
“We will sit down with Payne at the end of the season and look at what his long-term future is. We won’t do that while the season is going on, we have a great opportunity this year and we don’t want to disrupt things. Payne is a wonderful player and no doubt other clubs would be keen to sign him, but I’m still confident we can keep him here. The hard line of this game is that it’s a business and you don’t take things personally, otherwise you wouldn’t be in it for too long. We’ve been able to retain guys like Herbie Farnworth and Selwyn Cobbo and I’d like to think we can keep Payne here for the long term.”​

IF any of this is true - are the Tits as an organisation the most clueless in the NRL? They overpaid a second rower at the expense of a decent spine and now they’re going to get rid of the second rower…. for an overpaid prop? Unbelievable.

Nothing to see here (at all) other than speculation that the Titans might be considering a play for Payne, particularly if Fifita ***** off to the Dolphins. Which is also only speculation.​
Donuts:
“We will sit down with Payne at the end of the season and look at what his long-term future is. We won’t do that while the season is going on, we have a great opportunity this year and we don’t want to disrupt things. Payne is a wonderful player and no doubt other clubs would be keen to sign him, but I’m still confident we can keep him here. The hard line of this game is that it’s a business and you don’t take things personally, otherwise you wouldn’t be in it for too long. We’ve been able to retain guys like Herbie Farnworth and Selwyn Cobbo and I’d like to think we can keep Payne here for the long term.”​

While I rate Payne’s output far higher than Dave’s - this feels close to a sidewards step for the Titans. Let the Fifita deal dye and spend money on experience, especially a hooker. The should offer Hook a million

The Titans could have Haas and Fifita and still not be able to win games. Their focus needs to be on the spine. I think the Dolphins are going to affect them more than they’ll affect us in the next couple of years.

TBH I'd take Fifita over Payne. I think we've got the engine room to cover Haas up the middle but Fifita's attack out wide would add an extra dimension.
Kinda sad that we don’t have both of them tbh.

IF any of this is true - are the Tits as an organisation the most clueless in the NRL? They overpaid a second rower at the expense of a decent spine and now they’re going to get rid of the second rower…. for an overpaid prop? Unbelievable.
While I rate Payne’s output far higher than Dave’s - this feels close to a sidewards step for the Titans. Let the Fifita deal dye and spend money on experience, especially a hooker. The should offer Hook a million
The whole fiasco depends on how closely what we've been reading relates to what's going on in Payne's head. If it's genuinely about money AND winning at title, he's best off staying put. There's only two clubs who you'd rate as better prospects of winning a premiership in the next few years over the Broncos. That's the Storm and Panthers. The Roosters and Cowboys are probably on par with us. Give or take. The Dolphins are propped up enough already. Every other club would be trading down for him.

Neither the Storm or Panthers could pay him more than us. They're already stretched, and spending big on props isn't their style. It's not a winning investment.

The Titans currently rank last, and their prospects would not improve by dumping their money on him. Not going to happen, unless he's more interested in teaming up with his brother and returning to the Coast where he went to school.

Unless he's had an offer from the Roosters, I reckon he's painted himself into a corner. Which is shit for us, because we really shouldn't be blowing our cap on him either.

The whole fiasco depends on how closely what we've been reading relates to what's going on in Payne's head. If it's genuinely about money AND winning at title, he's best off staying put. There's only two clubs who you'd rate as better prospects of winning a premiership in the next few years over the Broncos. That's the Storm and Panthers. The Roosters and Cowboys are probably on par with us. Give or take. The Dolphins are propped up enough already. Every other club would be trading down for him.

Neither the Storm or Panthers could pay him more than us. They're already stretched, and spending big on props isn't their style. It's not a winning investment.

The Titans currently rank last, and their prospects would not improve by dumping their money on him. Not going to happen, unless he's more interested in teaming up with his brother and returning to the Coast where he went to school.

Unless he's had an offer from the Roosters, I reckon he's painted himself into a corner. Which is shit for us, because we really shouldn't be blowing our cap on him either.

The Storm could afford him I reckon, they've lost a lot of players. The Roosters of course do whatever they want.

TBH I'd take Fifita over Payne. I think we've got the engine room to cover Haas up the middle but Fifita's attack out wide would add an extra dimension.

I 😍 😍 😍 😍 David Fifita......

when he's on his game.

Never saw the hype around lodge. Big and slow. Not very good for a prop in the modern game I feel
He was good for us until they brought in the 6 again rule a few games into the season when covid first hit. The game has sped up a lot since then.

I 😍 😍 😍 😍 David Fifita......

when he's on his game.
You know, I think he'd get back to his best here. GC are a like the asian fakes of the NRL. They have a few things that seem nice and quality, until you chip away the fake gold paint.

He strikes me as a player that needs a well oiled machine around him both on the park and in the club.

He'd have to accept a massive haircut on the wage though, his stocks have fallen HARD and he has to prove himself again. He'd be a massive gamble on anything over 500k. If he gets back to where he was when he left, then we can talk.

Kinda sad that we don’t have both of them tbh.

not really .... I'd rather us fighting for the top 4 than he wooden spoon.

Keeping Fifita would have meant we couldn't afford either ARey or Capewell ... and it may have even cost us Cobbo

The Storm could afford him I reckon, they've lost a lot of players. The Roosters of course do whatever they want.

The Storm could, but wouldn't ... Bellamy doesn't operate that way

I hate Fifita and never want him back here again but could you imagine how good he would look with Reynolds putting him in to holes? Would have to do half the work and look twice as good.

Eat shit dickhead.

not really .... I'd rather us fighting for the top 4 than he wooden spoon.

Keeping Fifita would have meant we couldn't afford either ARey or Capewell ... and it may have even cost us Cobbo

The Storm could, but wouldn't ... Bellamy doesn't operate that way
Yeah true, Titans just threw him an offer he couldn’t refuse

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • jd87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • Dony Eliakim
  • LittleDavey
  • Browny
  • phoenix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mister Wright
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  • Morkel
  • theshed
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.