PLAYER Payne Haas

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
He would have both TPJ and SBW in his ear as well.

I don't know where this SBW advocating for the Bulldogs has come from ... he hasn't been on the same page as them since he walked out on his contract, ands they sued him. Mundine ended up paying something like 750k to get the release.

and if TPJ was a big draw card, Payne is only going to sign a 1 year deal, as TPJ is fighting to stay at the Bulldogs himself.

not to mention that if you want to go down that route ... he'd have one of his best mates in his ear every day at Broncos training

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
That doesn't look good for you, since you were assuring everyone who would listen that Haas was 1000000% going to the Bulldogs
I reckon the doggies will throw hotel money at him.
And i reckon SBW just wants him in Sydney.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
“We expect to re-sign Payne in the next couple of weeks” - Kevin Walters on Triple M about 2minutes ago.
Also expects that we will retain our other stars, including Mam.

If I recall correctly, Kevvie said about six weeks ago he expected Payne to extend within a couple of weeks. He also expected Fleggs and Herbie to stay but as we know that didn’t happen.
Hopefully he’s on the money with Payne and Ezra

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Putting a time frame normally means they're just finalising little details. I've never thought he'd leave anyway but I hope Kev is right.

Fucking hope so, Payne is a monster and with him and Patty we will take it to any forward pack for the next decade.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
“We expect to re-sign Payne in the next couple of weeks” - Kevin Walters on Triple M about 2minutes ago.
Also expects that we will retain our other stars, including Mam.

If I recall correctly, Kevvie said about six weeks ago he expected Payne to extend within a couple of weeks. He also expected Fleggs and Herbie to stay but as we know that didn’t happen.
Hopefully he’s on the money with Payne and Ezra
Yep, no one has dicked the club around like Herbie. People have been losing their shit over Payne not re-signing more than two years before his 6 year contract finishes. Herbie dicked us around on the last contract, only signing for a year, and didn't defect to the Dolphins until almost the start of this season. We had to endure endless shit on all the clubs chasing him and even bullshit rumours that he'd already given a verbal agreement.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
I’d still be shocked if Payne doesn’t hit the market. His agent has been very vocal on it. Even if he does, I expect he will still sign with us.
Hopefully there isn’t a bucket load of clauses, that’s my only concern.
I could well imagine his management trying to slip in some clause around not making the 8, resulting in his ability to seek a release. But I’m sure DD wouldn’t cop those types of terms.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
I’d still be shocked if Payne doesn’t hit the market. His agent has been very vocal on it. Even if he does, I expect he will still sign with us.
Hopefully there isn’t a bucket load of clauses, that’s my only concern.
I could well imagine his management trying to slip in some clause around not making the 8, resulting in his ability to seek a release. But I’m sure DD wouldn’t cop those types of terms.
Maybe that's the thing his agent has come out and said these things but Payne is happy staying here.
Once the news broke that he was going to the open market Brisbane may have tabled a different offer or some clubs may have already put offers in before Nov 1 and the Broncos deal is the best one, money, premiership window and life after footy we tick all those boxes.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Is it fair to wonder if we win a premiership (or two) in the next two seasons, Payne will have done his job for us, and we might not get good value out of spending even more to retain him? Maybe we're already seeing peak Payne.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Is it fair to wonder if we win a premiership (or two) in the next two seasons, Payne will have done his job for us, and we might not get good value out of spending even more to retain him? Maybe we're already seeing peak Payne.
The guy is only 23, i doubt he will get worse over the next 3-4 years...

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The guy is only 23, i doubt he will get worse over the next 3-4 years...
Probably not. I reckon he'll continue to improve next year. But if we're realistically considering back-to-back premierships in 2023/2024 - and I don't think that's implausible - we're no one-man-show. We don't need to break the bank on a single player if it means cutting others.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Probably not. I reckon he'll continue to improve next year. But if we're realistically considering back-to-back premierships in 2023/2024 - and I don't think that's implausible - we're no one-man-show. We don't need to break the bank on a single player if it means cutting others.
Yes that's plausible but its also not really worth walking away from Haas negotiations on the back of 'well we are pretty much going to win the premiership this year and next year and you have already peaked so sucks to be you, get your ass to the Dogs'

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

What happened to front rowers only get better with age? If this is how he is playing now, by the time he's in his late 20's, he will be eclipsing Taumalolo.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
  • MrMoore
  • pennywisealfie
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.