PLAYER Payne Haas

I take it you had your eyes and ears closed when Munster and Brandon Smith circus erupted
Yea cause those lasted 2 whole seasons on the back of release requests and disrupting the teams seasons.
Totally the same deal. Good job.

Haha Foordy, go ahead and put me on ignore then mate, as you are just looking to argue with me with zero input.
More than happy to have a discussion about it, but thats not what you are after.

Here a just a few of the media frenzys regarding players off contract. And this is just the QLD coverage, so most would have received greater coverage south of the border. The only club a can't really think of that has had much reporting about their players contracts are the Roosters, who seem immune.

Eels: Gutherson, Moses, Papalii
Manly: DCE
Titan: Tino, Fifita
Storm: Munster, Smith
Knights: Ponga
Souths: Reyno (then heaps of med retirements)
Tigers: Brooks
Panthers: Burton, now Luai
Sharks: SJ
Raiders: Wighton

Haha Foordy, go ahead and put me on ignore then mate, as you are just looking to argue with me with zero input.
More than happy to have a discussion about it, but thats not what you are after.

If you don't like my policy of using the roll eye reaction for stupid posts, then take your own advice and put me on ignore ... That way you won't see my reaction to your stupidity.

Enter roll eye retaliation in 3, 2, 1

I'm still sitting here wondering how 'Buzz' (I'm always right) Rothfield gets to sit, specs perched on the end of his snout, pontificating about the fact that he was "just talking to Haas' manager before the show" and he "got the feeling" that they were going to reject the offer. This scuttlebutt immediately becomes "news" so Buzz .. you either know for sure .. or .. you don't know squat, in which case keep your clacker shut and stop big-noting yourself like you're the font of all NRL knowledge.

If you don't like my policy of using the roll eye reaction for stupid posts, then take your own advice and put me on ignore ... That way you won't see my reaction to your stupidity.

See, fishing for an argument, not a conversation.

Clown.

Others have had the same sentiments as me, but you are not dismissing their posts.

Go wash the sand out of your panties.

I mean really mate, you think im the only one who thinks he might go to the Roosters?
Or is everyone who thinks he might go to the Roosters "stupid" as you put it?

Are we not allowed to speculate on what Haas might do because you think opinions are "stupid"?

This is a fan forum right? Where we get to discuss shit just like this right? Or is that too "Stupid" as well?

I mean really mate, you think im the only one who thinks he might go to the Roosters?
Or is everyone who thinks he might go to the Roosters "stupid" as you put it?

Are we not allowed to speculate on what Haas might do because you think opinions are "stupid"?

This is a fan forum right? Where we get to discuss shit just like this right? Or is that too "Stupid" as well?

If you don't like it FUCKING IGNORE ME.

You can't talk about it being a fan forum then throw a tantrum and whinge about my opinion that your posts are stupid

Thank god one of you blinked, it was getting a little tedious.
Sorry dude, i just don't get when people shit on opinions in a fan forum where this stuff is supposed to be discussed.
Having a disagreement is fine, but that ****-knuckle was just itching for a blue, nothing more.

There has been no statement as Rothfield claimed was coming. Badel/Read have published comments from his manager. I doubt there will be any statement.

Payne's manager said:

“I have a wonderful relationship with ‘Kevvie’ (Walters),” Merhi said.

“We have always been hopeful of a good outcome with the Broncos and we are still in dialogue.

“This week is Payne’s remarkable 100-game milestone.

“It’s a milestone that Payne, his family, friends, team and the fans should be celebrating.

“Talk of other issues only distracts from this milestone achievement and Brisbane’s run to the finals.”

Rich considering his management asked for a release and created media turmoil by publicly agitating last year. Talks of other issues helped to derail the team and supporter base when he had 2years to run on his contract acting like a mercenary.

#wanker

Monster deal for Haas. Obviously it's all aboout money and can forget the excuses. That's fine... Broncs need to show their backbone and put a deadline on that money and make plans with a view that he's going elsewhere if the deadline passes without a signed contract.

These comparisons to other players contract situations are fucking daft and anyone with half a functioning brain can see there are massive differences.

Tino and Fifita for example activated a clause that was put in place when they signed their contract.
Whighton wanted to move to Souths, so he sorted his contract out and will move at the end of the current contract, situation resolved.

All the other examples were not dragged out over the course of two years in the middle of those players contracts and were generally resolved quickly.
They also didnt occur on the back of their team winning their first ever wooden spoon, then dropping release requests at the first signs of turning around the form that had been poor for the previous 3 seasons.
Comparing them to the Haas situation is retarded.

Thank god one of you blinked, it was getting a little tedious.
ron burgundy GIF

Monster deal for Haas. Obviously it's all aboout money and can forget the excuses. That's fine... Broncs need to show their backbone and put a deadline on that money and make plans with a view that he's going elsewhere if the deadline passes without a signed contract.
I agree about the deadline but the club also have to be mindful of the group harmony.
They can't be seen to ge picking an argument because most/all of the players would have the view that Payne has the right to do the best deal for himself etc etc.
As everyone is aware the timing of this is deliberate , forces our hand, our offer is made public so every other club knows what to beat.
How is this not negotiating before the allowed time.
All other clubs have to do is contact the manager and let him know to hold off without mentioning dollars.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.