PLAYER Payne Haas

I agree about the deadline but the club also have to be mindful of the group harmony.
They can't be seen to ge picking an argument because most/all of the players would have the view that Payne has the right to do the best deal for himself etc etc.
As everyone is aware the timing of this is deliberate , forces our hand, our offer is made public so every other club knows what to beat.
How is this not negotiating before the allowed time.
All other clubs have to do is contact the manager and let him know to hold off without mentioning dollars.

It's not against the rules if it is indeed for 2025 onwards.

The Broncos have been smart though by offering the upgrade for 2024. We're the only ones that can do that. If he goes elsewhere he gets paid whatever his current '24 contract stipulates, which sounds like it's not enough for his money-hungry posse. That's one carrot we can dangle, but he only gets it if he extends. He can also agitate for a release, but the NRL has already said that they won't entertain players looking to break a contract for more money. Whether they follow through when it's the Broncos losing out (and likely a Sydney club gaining) is another story.

Disagree. Although im sure that is a part of it.
Im leaning more towards his manager using every old trick in the book to milk every available dollar out of the Broncos.
Its a win/win for him that way.
Either the Broncos fold and pay ridiculous overs, or another team comes in and trumps the Broncos and pays ridiculous overs.

Of course the media would be loving it though.

I think it could go either way, no real way to know if his management is leaking to the press but officially he's said his aims and that he's in negotiations with the club but that's it. It's the media constantly talking about it and linking him to all these clubs so it really seems media driven to me.

It's not against the rules if it is indeed for 2025 onwards.

The Broncos have been smart though by offering the upgrade for 2024. We're the only ones that can do that. If he goes elsewhere he gets paid whatever his current '24 contract stipulates, which sounds like it's not enough for his money-hungry posse. That's one carrot we can dangle, but he only gets it if he extends. He can also agitate for a release, but the NRL has already said that they won't entertain players looking to break a contract for more money. Whether they follow through when it's the Broncos losing out (and likely a Sydney club gaining) is another story.
I think it is though. He has to wait until after Nov 1 is my understanding.

It will be a blessing in disguise if he goes, paying in excess of 1.1m a year for a prop is ridiculous imo, don’t care how good he is. I would much rather re-sign Mam, Piakura, Riki, extend Walsh etc and move Patty up front and start Kobe.

What irks me is that he will probably end up at the roosters and the whole game will just roll their collective eyes while the nrl just ignore it hoping it goes away.

I'd just love for the media speculation to end. If he doesn't sign in the next 2 weeks as Kev said, the club should put put a statement that all negotiations are on hold until the end of season.

Unfortunately it won't end, it's the perfect situation for the media. One of the biggest sporting brands in Australia trying to secure one of the best players in the game.

I can't see the club putting down another offer past this one if he knocks it back. I hope not anyway.

I wonder if it is Red Hill getting on the offensive and leaking the information. 360 seemed to be very positive about the offer, and rightly so. A pre emptive strike?

If this is Red Hill, I think it's genius. Which club in a premiership window, is going to better that by 200K?

I personally think it's too much.

Walsh is going to want a lot of money in the near future. I think Walsh is more important to the team. It's my belief that we will lose important players chasing Hass.

I wonder if it is Red Hill getting on the offensive and leaking the information. 360 seemed to be very positive about the offer, and rightly so. A pre emptive strike?

If this is Red Hill, I think it's genius. Which club in a premiership window, is going to better that by 200K?

I personally think it's too much.

Walsh is going to want a lot of money in the near future. I think Walsh is more important to the team. It's my belief that we will lose important players chasing Hass.
This is a great theory. Had not considered this.

Payne:

“I am in a dialogue with the ‘Broncs’ at the moment. I have got a good relationship with Kevin Walters, and the Broncos. We both know where we are at and understand what we want. I am not going to say much more than that. I’ll just focus on the game this week and celebrate the milestone of 100 games.”​
“Like I say I am still in dialogue with Broncs and we will figure it out. They can say what they want. We both know where we both stand and that is all that matters.”​
“I think it is going to be more my family. I am going to focus on this week and then sort that out.”​
“Sonny Bill is really good. He always reaches out to me, going through some stuff, he reaches out to me and is making sure I’m all good. “He gives me some advice. Sonny is pretty special to me, we are pretty close so it’s good to have someone like him around me.”​
“It is big for anyone in this game. You want to win premierships. You don’t want to be out of finals so you just want to win premierships. The Broncos have helped me a lot. Obviously I owed them a lot and they have helped me a lot with the off-field stuff. I am really appreciative of the Broncos and what they have done for me.”​

Payne:

“I am in a dialogue with the ‘Broncs’ at the moment. I have got a good relationship with Kevin Walters, and the Broncos. We both know where we are at and understand what we want. I am not going to say much more than that. I’ll just focus on the game this week and celebrate the milestone of 100 games.”​
“Like I say I am still in dialogue with Broncs and we will figure it out. They can say what they want. We both know where we both stand and that is all that matters.”​
“I think it is going to be more my family. I am going to focus on this week and then sort that out.”​
“Sonny Bill is really good. He always reaches out to me, going through some stuff, he reaches out to me and is making sure I’m all good. “He gives me some advice. Sonny is pretty special to me, we are pretty close so it’s good to have someone like him around me.”​
“It is big for anyone in this game. You want to win premierships. You don’t want to be out of finals so you just want to win premierships. The Broncos have helped me a lot. Obviously I owed them a lot and they have helped me a lot with the off-field stuff. I am really appreciative of the Broncos and what they have done for me.”​
I was waiting for the Sonny is like family to me..

But from these comments though I think he's staying here

Good point. It seems like all of these things are being handled competently by the club these days anyway.

I would be talking with Tino.. or some suitable marquee replacement right away.. just to season the dish, could leave the deadlines till just after the GF.

Surely Melbourne aren't going to shell out that much money for a prop, they are too smart, I guess the Roosters and the Dogs, especially the dogs due to the management.

Surely Melbourne aren't going to shell out that much money for a prop, they are too smart, I guess the Roosters and the Dogs, especially the dogs due to the management.

Attachments

• 1691471699737.png
    1691471699737.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 30

Active Now

• Dony Eliakim
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Strop
  • Financeguy
  • Jedhead
  • mrslong
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Astro
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Adammacca
  • Fozz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • The Don
  • Harry Sack
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.