PLAYER Payne Haas

On the Dogs forum, some are linking his signing to TPJ leaving & his brother being arrested. 🙄

I let them know the truth, that he re-signed a few days after the Eels game. 😂

They now want Cobbo & Walsh, so now I have to come up with some story. Will have to weave Mam's & Willison's name in there as well.
Being soo bad for soo long has them smelling the fumes in the cellar.

We Are kinda lucky his brother only got arrested yesterday. He will be incarcerated in nsw.
Where would his brother be locked up? In Sydney? If so he could visit him on away matches.

We tend to rip into the chooks for their salary sombrero but nothing is sweeter than having other teams accusing you of cheating, which I imagine is what will happen from here on in. Mainly because his agent is saying he knocked back 2 million a season to re-sign for us, 2 mill would have been what an absolutely desperate club was prepared to pay.

Wests Tigers or some club like that, who has nothing other than money to offer (certainly nothing in terms of a premiership anytime soon).

We tend to rip into the chooks for their salary sombrero but nothing is sweeter than having other teams accusing you of cheating, which I imagine is what will happen from here on in. Mainly because his agent is saying he knocked back 2 million a season to re-sign for us, 2 mill would have been what an absolutely desperate club was prepared to pay.

Wests Tigers or some club like that, who has nothing other than money to offer (certainly nothing in terms of a premiership anytime soon).
I don't think any NRL club offer that but maybe a desperate union offer.

Official enough for me. Quote from his agent.

Mehri says figures agreed with the Broncos were "private and confidential" but added there were other suitors who had put forward lucrative offers:
"Payne is delighted. This is his celebratory moment. Payne has knocked back a $2 million-per-season deal to stay at Brisbane. The offer was emailed to me. I showed it to Payne and he knocked it back. Brisbane have just been great to deal with. CEO Dave Donaghy has ensured the process has been smooth and what transpired the last couple of weeks has got it over the line."​
"I was always hopeful of Payne staying at Brisbane. It was always going to be the best thing for him. It is what we all wanted."​

“Payne was offered a $2m contract but didn’t want to play for the titans”

“Payne was offered a $2m contract but didn’t want to play for the titans”
Would have been a Euro union team offering that. He was never going overseas unless they paid each and every Haas family member a million a year.

So given he is supposed to sign within the next 24-48 hours, should we assume it will never happen and that some random crack team of super sleuths are involved and we will still be waiting 2-3 years later?

Kevvie:

“We are thrilled to have Payne extend his contract here at the Broncos. He’s been our most consistent player for the past four years. It’s really pleasing to know he’s committed longer term with the Broncos. It’s wonderful news for everyone involved in our club.”​

Merhi:

“There’s no issues, Payne is staying and everything will be signed in the next 24 to 48 hours. We were always genuine in our view that if we couldn’t come to a deal with Brisbane, then we would have gone to November 1. I have to give praise to Dave Donaghy, he shared a lot of information with us on their plan for the Broncos to create the security and the confidence that everyone required. We were all on the same page. Brisbane knew where we stood, we knew where Brisbane stood and it was just dotting the Is and crossing the Ts."​
“I always said Brisbane were in the box seat and we were hopeful of a great outcome and that outcome has come to fruition. Payne is ecstatic that the deal has been done. His future at the Broncos is secured and everything is set in stone for him to win a premiership at the club.”​

So given he is supposed to sign within the next 24-48 hours, should we assume it will never happen and that some random crack team of super sleuths are involved and we will still be waiting 2-3 years later?

The announcement is now being reported as being expected on Friday.

I do wonder if the announcement was delayed due to the arrest of Paynes Brother.

X is carving up for the Broncos - therefore - 16 clubs want to sign them.... gets a bit tiring.

Do they know that dual premiership winning players Dylan Edwards and Luai are off contract next year?

Same with Joey Manu, Lord Gamble, Clifford, Townsend, etc etc.... Why is it always our fucking players.

Dude ! Do you really think Salary cap managers , coaches and player managers actually take fools like Buzz Rothfield seriously ?

They are pros at that game , just because it says so in the Murdoch press doesn`t mean its true ...

Dude ! Do you really think Salary cap managers , coaches and player managers actually take fools like Buzz Rothfield seriously ?

They are pros at that game , just because it says so in the Murdoch press doesn`t mean its true ...
I go the other way and see it as a player manager problem, combined with a horrid journalistic standard. The issue is that pressure put through the media does have an influence in how players see themselves and by extension, their "worth". So, these articles constantly coming out saying Payne Haas is the best forward in the game, led to the situation last year. Player Manager starts agitating, look at the news mate! you deserve better!

Poor club is left in damage control.

354593985 1229880214517588 4627654928606487281 n

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Organix
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • Hurrijo
  • Big Del
  • Astro
  • Totally Unr3al
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lurker
  • blacknwhite
  • Ozired
  • Johnny92
  • thenry
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.