PLAYER Payne Haas

The below graphic re the membership record that was posted on the club's website a few days ago could be the biggest 'tell' that Haas has played his last game for the Broncos.. Think back to last off season when Haas appeared on so much of the Broncos promotional collateral. To not include him on something like this is not a coincidence imo.
View attachment 19776
Whilst I’d like us to free up Haas money, I wouldn’t be using this as a guide,

no Cobbo, Carrigan, Staggs etc

The below graphic re the membership record that was posted on the club's website a few days ago could be the biggest 'tell' that Haas has played his last game for the Broncos.. Think back to last off season when Haas appeared on so much of the Broncos promotional collateral. To not include him on something like this is not a coincidence imo.
View attachment 19776
More concerning to me is Reynolds and palasia appear to be praying.

View attachment 19776

I wouldn't read much into it.

Brigginshaw isn't there either and she's the captain.

Rothfield:

“The big story in the off-season there is the playing group. I honestly don’t like singling out players when the team is responsible ... the players, coach and everyone, but geez Payne Haas has been disappointing to me. I think it’s a story that will explode any time because remember earlier this year he went in and asked for a release because he wasn’t happy with his contract money.​
“Well you know he’s on $800,000 a year. Well if he really wants to go up to $1 million next year I think the club should say ‘Payne, we’re not prepared to pay you that amount of money, you are under contract here for 800 for the next two years, see you later if you don’t want to do it’. I think they’ve got to get players in there who aren’t worried about their pay packets as much as he is and it might be harsh singling out one guy but they’ve been so disappointing.”​

Number 1 Priority for us going forward is sorting the Haas situation, whether he stays or goes it has to be solved asap because he is sitting on a big chunk of the cap and that can completely change what we need to get.

A First Choice Hooker is an important signing we have to make but if Haas goes we will need to replace that Hole as well, and given how shaky we have been in the middle that will need attention.

Outside of that we have to replace some backup halves and forwards.

we're the only club dumb enough to pay big dollars for a prop

we're the only club dumb enough to pay big dollars for a prop
Titans got sweet **** all out of Fifita this year.

These guys just want the big pay day. So disappointing considering a few years ago Haas, Fifita & Pangai were supposed to be the future of the club.

Surely by now clubs have learnt unless that money is going towards a 1,6,7,9 - you will just go backwards.

View attachment 19776
There’s heaps missing from this. Way to read into something that isn’t there.

So apparently Bateman wants back in the NRL ... just not bad enough to consider the Tigers.

I'd definitely move Haas on if we could land Bateman
100%. Move on Haas sign Bateman and McLean.

Bateman should have a relationship with the new assistant coach too

When do you guys reckon Haas to Roosters will be announced? When they drop out of the finals race of in the middle of offseason so it doesn’t get any media attention?

When do you guys reckon Haas to Roosters will be announced? When they drop out of the finals race of in the middle of offseason so it doesn’t get any media attention?
It's inconvenient to wait to next year, so the NRL will change the rules to allow him to join them mid finals campaign.

Camera will find him in the crowd at the Roosters V Souths

I doubt we'll hear anything more on this until after the World Cup which wraps up on November 20th. I'd say this all comes to ahead around the first Friday of December, so December 2nd.

I still think he ends up at the Roosters with another big name Roosters player moving on.

No intel but I also expect the Broncos to announce a marquee signing in the off-season. My prediction is a divisive figure like David Fifita. The Broncos know that they have to make changes and he's somebody they could get their hands on early.

I expect a lot of movement this off-season with Wests, Manly etc. involved.

Very curious to see how many years Billy Walters signs on for as well.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.