PLAYER Payne Haas

This is a circus.

Tino negotiated and signed pretty quick, no messing about. Why cant Haas? The options are all on the table by now.

good call ... this aged well, lol

Fox reporting that it includes ratchet clauses, so that number may go up. But like you said it's only 3 years, so shouldn't be too bad (also fox could just be making it all up too).

Fox Sports get their news from other News Corp publications (Courier Mail / Daily Telegraph) ... so you can be guaranteed it's made up 😝

It’s a very good result for all involved, especially given the timing of it all. If success is so important then it’s nice to put your money where your mouth is and get a deal done in a timeframe that helps that team achieve that desired success.

It’s not a bargain by any means, but it wasn’t likely to ever be one in any case. We’re likely not the top bidder but we’re also probably not too far off the pace either. Staying for 50-100k less than he could probably have got elsewhere is hardly an unreasonable haircut to take no matter which side of the ledger you’re coming from. I’m also very pleased it wasn’t ann unnecessarily long or one sided deal in terms of extensions . I think I’d have liked 4 years as a sweet spot, but 3 is just fine.

So, Agent gets his client close to top dollar, club retains star player without paying huge overs, player gets to stay close to friends and family and come out of this looking like he does genuinely care about the club. All in all, everybody comes out of this looking pretty good.

good call ... this aged well, lol

Fox Sports get their news from other News Corp publications (Courier Mail / Daily Telegraph) ... so you can be guaranteed it's made up 😝
Have you ever been right yet?

Badel reporting till end of 26, so we'll see who's right.
Weidler appears to be the source of 2026. If the 3 year extension supplants the existing contract it's 2026, if it's an extension it's 2027.

It's a little bit of overs for me but acceptable.
Hard pressed to call it overs. It’s almost certainly less than he could have got from the top bidder elsewhere and arguably it’s less than anyone else would be able to get him for outside of maybe Melbourne or the Roosters. It’s a lot of money for a Forward, but that doesn’t necessarily qualify it as ‘overs’ in a landscape these days where he’s not even the highest paid forward in the game despite almost certainly being the best one on the market.

Weidler appears to be the source of 2026. If the 3 year extension supplants the existing contract it's 2026, if it's an extension it's 2027.

I can’t see it not being a 3 year extension (2027).

Seems pointless to have fucked around all this time over an additional two seasons.

Would also mean we’re going through this circus all over again in 18 months time and I doubt any of the parties are interested in that.

Hard pressed to call it overs. It’s almost certainly less than he could have got from the top bidder elsewhere and arguably it’s less than anyone else would be able to get him for outside of maybe Melbourne or the Roosters. It’s a lot of money for a Forward, but that doesn’t necessarily qualify it as ‘overs’ in a landscape these days where he’s not even the highest paid forward in the game despite almost certainly being the best one on the market.
Agree it's not overs based on what could have been paid and the criteria you have set out. I think it is a little bit of overs in cap management. 1.2 on a prop is not ideal.

Finally this drama has been settled for a second I thought Payne Hass has quit the broncos and became a clown

I can’t see it not being a 3 year extension (2027).

Seems pointless to have fucked around all this time over an additional two seasons.

Would also mean we’re going through this circus all over again in 18 months time and I doubt any of the parties are interested in that.
Either is possible if they want to give him an immediate payrise. 2026 is still a long contract. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Payne Haas, Premiership player. Has a nice ring to it.
He'll be wearing Premiership rings before his contract is out...

Great result for everyone, and I can't help but think it was sorted last week. He was on a mission against the Eels and the boys kept chucking him the ball, and that's the happiest I've seen him in the sheds too. Makes me think SBW's tripe earlier in the week was the last ditch attempt which I thought it might be...

This is a very special group...Kempy reckons it felt like the 2006 side in the sheds on the weekend. Haas is one of the keys IMO. Stoked he's chosen to stay.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.