Peter Wallace Injury

Poor bastard. Getting injured two games out from a GF.

look guys, whatever the result against melb, o strongly believe that this season has been a success from where we have come from and the personnel we lost during the off season. All the kids that have been promoted this year have been great and i this is the reason i believe wee should continue with the experiment and blood B.HUNT. I mean PJ Marsh and Gorrell aren't really apart of the future of the broncos and for this reason I believe that we should give B.HUNT first crack at it.

If we do shift Locky to 7 and end up winning the GF, would that make him the first player to win a GF in three different positions?

I'd say it'd be a fair chance Fozz. In fact I don't know that there's too many who would have won GF in 2 different positions.

hunts been playing finals for the past two weeks as opposed to marsh/gorrell who haven't been playing at all.

ben hunt is the man for the job.

Fozz said:
If we do shift Locky to 7 and end up winning the GF, would that make him the first player to win a GF in three different positions?

They were saying on fox sports that Locky is likely to move to number 7. Who would be number 6, I don't know.

Terrible news for Wallace so close to the GF.

I agree with others who suggest Ben Hunt gets a run. He's a natural halfback, and with all the other experienced players around him, he should be able to do the job for us.

Again though, very sad news for Wallace as i thought he'd really started playing some good footy of late [icon_frown

Actually on Ben Hunt, are the U20s still going? or knocked out? If they are still going i'd be more inclined to keep him down there.

Locky would still keep the 6 on his back, just play a little more first receiver than what he normally does. A few years ago he was feeding the scrum with the 6 on his back for a good few weeks there.

m1c said:
Actually on Ben Hunt, are the U20s still going? or knocked out? If they are still going i'd be more inclined to keep him down there.

Locky would still keep the 6 on his back, just play a little more first receiver than what he normally does. A few years ago he was feeding the scrum with the 6 on his back for a good few weeks there.

yeah our u20s beat Manly on Saturday 26-10

The replacement for Wallace has to be Ben Hunt. It provides as little disruption as possible and we would have a genuine halfback playing in that position. We need to keep in mind, the games he has played this season have been without Lockyer with him. There is also the fact that he will have a full week with the side, it's not like Wallace has been injured at training a day or two out from the game.

We cannot move K Hunt from Fullback, he has been amazing there, also the last time he played halback we got smoked 56-0.

As everyone has said - keep the team together - we have options, move lockyer to 7, McCullough to 6 (natural position) bring in PJ or Gorrell (hopefully not) or Glenn - but one of the reasons for our success off late has been keeping the team playing in the same spots, so BHunt seems like the likely option - no better way for us to show him he is in our long term plans like showing this sort of faith in him

Also, bring in McGuire for Clinton

Also keep Michaels out of the side

ddd said:

I'm thinking the opposite - give Clinton more game time. He was our best forward before he got injured, and it's almost like they don't want to acknowledge that.

Alec said:
ddd said:

I'm thinking the opposite - give Clinton more game time. He was our best forward before he got injured, and it's almost like they don't want to acknowledge that.

Agreed. I don't see a reason for Clinton to be dropped IMO. I reckon he'd be more valuable to us at this stage than McGuire.

ddd said:
As everyone has said - keep the team together - we have options, move lockyer to 7, McCullough to 6 (natural position) bring in PJ or Gorrell (hopefully not) or Glenn - but one of the reasons for our success off late has been keeping the team playing in the same spots, so BHunt seems like the likely option - no better way for us to show him he is in our long term plans like showing this sort of faith in him

Also keep Michaels out of the side

Why? Do you think he can do more in the 15mins game time he will get?

I'm absolutely devastated that Wallace is out for the season. I feel incredibly sorry for him, it would be extremely hard on him to be out when he knows he had a good chance of winning the premiership. Poor fella :(

Scotty said:
Alec said:
ddd said:

Agreed. I don't see a reason for Clinton to be dropped IMO. I reckon he'd be more valuable to us at this stage than McGuire.

Definitely.

I was livid that he didn't get more game time last night. There was a stage late in the first half and early in the second half where we had no props on the field at all. Henjak really should have subbed on Clinton then IMO.

ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:
Alec said:
ddd said:

Definitely.

I was livid that he didn't get more game time last night. There was a stage late in the first half and early in the second half where we had no props on the field at all. Henjak really should have subbed on Clinton then IMO.

Ummm Clinton was on then Ning eusa_think eusa_think

As for who do we play at half yes Ben Hunt should get the nod but Ivan didn't give him the nod when Wally was out for a few games in the regular season and that would have been the perfect chance for him to get a run with Locky outside him, so not sure Ivan will do it now. At the end of the day I think whoever it is will just be wearing the number 7 jersey but be an extra forward.

Russo said:
Ummm Clinton was on then Ning eusa_think eusa_think

You sure?

I didn't think he came on till around the 50th minute.

The ten or so minutes before and after half time is when we had no props, then Sims, Kenny and Clinton all seemed to run on at the same time.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • The Don
  • broncoscope
  • Rookie Alan
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Behold
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.