Peter Wallace Injury

tryhard said:
I read PJ is no longer affiliated with us anymore. Is that right or not. Shame to take Hunt out of Toyota Cup at this stage. Is there anyone up to it from one of our feeders in Qld Cup?

PJ still on the books and there is no other options from the Q Cup

I hope Ben Hunt gets the gig, anyone else in the club will one way or another be a stop gap option and the last thing we need now is people playing out of position. Lockyer will basically play halfback and I would assume McCullough will kick more often from dummy half but we need someone in there who knows a halves game, can point the forwards the right way, passes at a high level and can kick when called upon and Ben Hunt ticks all those boxes and no one else we could put there (K.Hunt, Gorrell or Marsh) does that.

Just terrible luck for Pete. He was a guiding hand last night and is a massive loss. Not sure if it's right to throw someone like Hunt into halfback against the Storm in a Preliminary Final in Melbourne...

I hope they consider moving Andrew Mc to halfback and playing PJ Marsh at hooker. Although I haven't seen Marshy about in ages so he might not even be fit.

tryhard said:
I read PJ is no longer affiliated with us anymore. Is that right or not. Shame to take Hunt out of Toyota Cup at this stage. Is there anyone up to it from one of our feeders in Qld Cup?

I hardly think the club is gonna put the Toyota cup ahead of the NRL.

Does anyone know if Te'o is due back this week?

Ben Hunt has nothing, unfit and can't tackle, next option?

No next option.

I hate the idea of the U20's having to fill Hunts Spot but B.Hunt is the best option after Wallace.

Even if we don't play Ben Hunt at halfback, there is no way we should move McCullough from hooker.

Jeba said:
Even if we don't play Ben Hunt at halfback, there is no way we should move McCullough from hooker.

Amen to that.

His form has been a key factor behind our rise from the ashes.

BroncoMatt said:
tryhard said:

PJ still on the books and there is no other options from the Q Cup
What happens in Toyota cup is not really of our concern. The main priority is the first grade teams, if that affects TYC then so be it.

It's obvious B Hunt is the only choice we have unless we want to weaken other positions...

What a game to make a name foryourself, kid.

Good luck!

The Rock said:
Apparently TC is favourite for the number 7 jersey lolz.

Looks like they are thinking about defence.

Serious? [eusa_doh Where did you hear that? I hope it's not true.

I hope that is mind games, no way that will work. The storm will shut locky down and eat us alive.

my guess is the media have just come out with every possibility they could think of and are just speculating. I'm not even sure Henjak has made up his mind yet.

I still think TC would be a good idea. He doesn't have much of a role besides come on and tackle so moving him to the 7 means nothing really changes and he can defend lockyer so locky can be fresh in attack which he'll need to be because he will have to do all the attacking without wallace.

OMFG did you not read this line?

"No, I'm sweet," Lockyer said when asked about his hamstring.

Remember Hodges was "in serious doubt" for the Dragons game and played. There's no real point in them talking this injury down if there was something to worry about.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Manifesto
  • Mister Wright
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.