Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

Seriously, the Warriors are a shocking team, no half can shine in that rubble.

Wallace could.

I hope he leaves and would be disappointed if he didn't. For someone who has played for so long with a team and even under arguably one of the best halves to have ever played the game he sure is mediocre. He just never really moved up to the next level and never will.

I hope he leaves and would be disappointed if he didn't. For someone who has played for so long with a team and even under the best half to have ever played the game he sure is mediocre. He just never really moved up to the next level and never will.

fixed.

I'm really not sold on Shaun Johnson. Apart from his debut season, that dynamic try against us, and that youtube video of him playing touch, what's he done?

I'm really not sold on Shaun Johnson. Apart from his debut season, that dynamic try against us, and that youtube video of him playing touch, what's he done?

He played junior AFL in NZ. That's a pretty rare feat!

I could say the same about Wallace minus the dynamic try and youtube part.

That isn't the argument though. Coxy isn't sold on Wallace either in fact he knows how shit Wallace is.

Prince-Hunt will still be a crappy halves combo.

A concern I have is what happens to our general kicking game(particularly our long distance kicking) if Wallace and Norman are gone and no one is signed who can provide it? People bag Wallace but his has been a lot better in this area then Prince has shown this season, can't really say Hunt has shown his got his downpat either. I really do hope when Prince does eventually gets back he improves there cause its a concern. Still if we signed someone of note who does have it then its not so much of a problem.

Last edited:

Yeah I don't think Hunt has a good long kicking game. Wallace is not bad in that area. Interesting times ahead.

I don't think Wallace's long kicking game (or short kicking game) is all that great TBH. It's just average. Seems to find the man on the full a lot. Occasionally he might split the fullback/wingers with one of his low-trajectory kicks.

I liked what we were doing on Friday in the first half, where Norman seemed to be doing the majority of the kicking when we were in our own half. He has a huge boot, and it made a huge difference for us, keeping the pressure on the Titans, and not allowing them a chance to gain a foothold in the game.

Average is a great word to use when describing Wallace.

I don't think Wallace's long kicking game (or short kicking game) is all that great TBH. It's just average. Seems to find the man on the full a lot.

I liked what we were doing on Friday in the first half, where Norman seemed to be doing the majority of the kicking when we were in our own half. He has a huge boot, and it made a huge difference for us, keeping the pressure on the Titans, and not allowing them a chance to gain a foothold in the game.

I wasn't saying Wallace's kicking game is great, and yes he does have a habit of finding players on the full a lot however doesn't necessarily mean its a bad kick, particularly when the goal is to find the distance rather then outright accuracy and at times this season thats whats been required, for his faults he also provides substance something I haven't seen a lot from Prince in his who has been guilty of a number of extremely poor kicks going out on the full, combine his departure with Norman's and that mean's we rely heavily on McCollough, Prince and Hunt and perhaps whoever is at fullback(provided) and Granville from the bench. Prince being the senior player would need to step up and unless he improves there's definite grounds for concern, the others are at best average or unproven.

Last edited:

Don't waste any well thought out, reasonable posts on me GC. I've tried to stay away from Wallace threads, as I haven't really rated him for a few years now. :laugh:

Don't waste any well thought out, reasonable posts on me GC. I've tried to stay away from Wallace threads, as I haven't really rated him for a few years now. :laugh:

Fair enough mate :laugh:

McCullough would have to step up and be more Farah like and do a lot of downfield kicks for us.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Redfern_1980
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • Skyblues87
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • mystico
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncoFan94
  • Footy Fanatic
  • lynx000
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.